PDA

View Full Version : Ford Classic -Mason Dixon

merc
09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Sunday was the rain day makeup for the Ford Classic a Mason Dixon. Pam and I join the Thunderbird group to have some fun. This was Pam’s first time in racing competition. She drove Sherman’s 03 Marauder beater. The dial-in for her was 15.50, but this was a bone stock car. The weather was in the high eighties and conditions were great on the track. Sherman also brought his race Marauder, but ran a red light on the first round. Sherman has run a red 7 out of 9 attempts in the last two times at Mason Dixon. He has not found a good reaction time with the new T/C converter. On the other hand Chris (blown38) has been running pretty good with his S/C T-Bird. We have run together for the last couple of years and he seems to find a way to send me home. Today was no exception. In the third round he bet me by .06 seconds. Although I ran a great light I gave him too much on the tree. A 1.92 bulb to a 092. Chris continued on to take second place in the Cougar class. Pam lost in the first round but gave them hell. Her best reaction time was .203, you go girl. Next on the schedule is Ford Fever on October at MIR. Hope to see some of you CAMERS next month.

Chris Vining (Blown38) also ran at Marauderville last month
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/3/8/DSC04169.jpg
I finished the race with a 12.73 dail on a 12.75 but could not make up the differance on the tree
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/3/8/DSC04173.jpg

Glenn
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Merc:

Very nice web site. Going to join us at SSHS again?

Glenn

merc
09-10-2007, 06:08 PM
Merc:

Very nice web site. Going to join us at SSHS again?

Glenn

Chris and I hope to have my engine finished next month. Sherman is teaching Pam the art of drag racing. He might be sending her down in November to terrorize the Impala SS boys in the A class. Thanks for the compliment on the site. I will be adding new video clips in a couple of weeks.

Bluerauder
09-11-2007, 04:02 AM
Sunday was the rain day makeup for the Ford Classic a Mason Dixon. Pam and I join the Thunderbird group to have some fun. This was Pam’s first time in racing competition. She drove Sherman’s 03 Marauder beater.
Dayum did you get any sleep at all on Saturday night? The race in Richmond didn't end until about 11:30 PM.

Congrats to Pam on her racing debut. Hope Sherm figures out the red light issue. Maybe it is "glasses" like Chris mentioned to me during MV5. ;)

merc
09-11-2007, 05:55 AM
Dayum did you get any sleep at all on Saturday night? The race in Richmond didn't end until about 11:30 PM.

Congrats to Pam on her racing debut. Hope Sherm figures out the red light issue. Maybe it is "glasses" like Chris mentioned to me during MV5. ;)

We didn't get back from RIR till 1:30 A.M. We had everything packed for the trip to Mason Dixon. It was fun, but I am getting too :censor: old for the late night stuff.

Picture taken from cell phone. The American Flag was air dropped with a paraglide team.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/2/3/8/IMG_0064.jpg

Breadfan
09-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Looks cool!

I'll check the dates for Ford Fever at MIR, sounds like a good October trip if I'm around.