PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Works Headers

HwyCruiser
09-13-2007, 07:38 PM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a203/jdomino/swheaders/headers1.jpg

For 2003/2004 Marauder, headers only, 1-5/8" primary tubes with 2-1/2" collectors, no coating. As seen here (except not 3" collectors):
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/product_info.php?cPath=380_360&products_id=1158

Also has 3/8" SS exhaust flanges TIG-welded onto headers:
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/product_info.php?cPath=95_131_ 417_431&products_id=318

and comes with a pair of collector adapters:
http://www.stainlessworks.net/cart/product_info.php?cPath=95_121&products_id=257

These headers were purchased during the F.I.T. group buy in February, sent off to have the exhaust flanges welded on, and have since sat waiting for installation. The flanges and collector adapters were purchased separately ($170) to make installation and future maintenance go easier. Now I'm just looking to get different mufflers and an h-pipe put on.

Asking $900 shipped via UPS ground to U.S. lower 48.

offroadkarter
09-13-2007, 07:50 PM
If only i wasnt so broke, i would jump on those :(

Blackened300a
09-14-2007, 03:06 AM
Damn, I have a vacation to pay for and thats going to take a big hit on my bank account, otherwise I would definitly own these. :(

Good luck on your sale.

HwyCruiser
09-14-2007, 04:54 AM
Thanks for looking.

Just to clarify, these headers definitely aren't bolt in. They will require additional fabrication to your existing exhaust to make them work. Assume you have stock exhaust, you'll probably need to get rid of your dual catalytic converters and go with single high flow cats merged into your stock h-pipe. That's why I got the adapters to accept new converters.

You'll also probably need o2 extenders to reach the front bungs. Headers are a bit of a pain no matter what, best thing is to find a good muffler shop that does this sort of stuff (preferably someplace Grand). I'd also recommend getting them ceramic coated to keep them from oxidizing. I got a quote from JET-HOT for $275 a little while back.

Feel free to post questions in this thread as there were quite a few that went in on that group buy. I'm just looking to get out of them what I got in them, I paid $695 for the headers and $170 for the flanges and adapters (not including shipping). Basically I've reserved $35 for shipping to the buyer. It looks like SW just had a 5% price increase and it took about 6-8 weeks for the headers to get shipped for the group buy. These ones are all ready for you.

If I don't wind up selling them they'll sit in the box until I get around to doing a new motor in a few years (hopefully at least that long) then I'll have them put in. It's not like they're going to rust on me.

MarauderTJA
09-14-2007, 06:12 AM
Why you selling them JD?

Zack
09-14-2007, 06:29 AM
I want to know where you paid $170 for flanges and extension pipes.

Ill steer clear of that place!

Good luck with the sale.

O's Fan Rich
09-14-2007, 09:20 AM
I want to know where you paid $170 for flanges and extension pipes.

Ill steer clear of that place!

Good luck with the sale.

I'd imagine they were right from SW's shop.
They ain't cheap on the small stuff.
I also think all their headers should come with and extra O2 bung for A/F when tuning on a dyno.
I added one before I got mine coated thank goodness.

KillJoy
09-14-2007, 09:25 AM
I also think all their headers should come with and extra O2 bung for A/F when tuning on a dyno.

That is actually a good idea! It would be nice to have, and if it were never used....no biggie.

:up:

KillJoy

High-C
09-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I wish mine had come with the flanges on already... Prior to my having them coated. I still have mine in the box as well. I can't wait to have the cash for the install... Maybe Santa will finally come through for me this year.:rolleyes:

BAD MERC
09-14-2007, 02:50 PM
I sense another raffle.

HwyCruiser
09-14-2007, 03:09 PM
These have been sold. Thanks for looking.

CRUZTAKER
09-14-2007, 04:04 PM
That is actually a good idea! It would be nice to have, and if it were never used....no biggie.

:up:

KillJoy

Lidio added a bung to mine N/C years ago. A necessity indeed.

Zack
09-14-2007, 04:43 PM
Lock your thread now!