PDA

View Full Version : Not to Start Wax Debate

davidholland
09-14-2007, 07:06 AM
I've been wanting to really do a job on my MM for some time now. I was going to buy Zaino System and give it a try. My brother in law comes over last Saturday with his porter cable polisher & Menzurna & Blackfire polish.

I have to tell ya, my DTR did not look this good when I picked it up new!

Blackfire is an amazing product! I am certain it would be physically impossible for my MM to look any better. Just my 2 cents.

I'll post photos soon

Bigdogjim
09-14-2007, 07:55 AM
The trick is do it often, same as changing oil. Just do it!!!

MACFORD88
09-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Yup Thats What I Do.

KillJoy
09-14-2007, 08:02 AM
I was not as impressed w/ Zaino as I thought I would be. Mothers or Meguires works just as well when applied the same way.

The Porter DA Buffer is the key, I believe ;)

KillJoy

Mike Poore
09-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Don't sell that Porter Cable short. :D

jdando
09-15-2007, 04:00 AM
My brother in law comes over last Saturday with his porter cable polisher & Menzurna & Blackfire polish.

Blackfire is an amazing product!

I'll post photos soon

:cool5: David, you have a good brother-in-law. I have heard good things about Menzurna/Blackfire also. We want pictures!!

The trick is do it often, same as changing oil. Just do it!!!

Exactly!

KillJoy

Steve, I think the prep work is the key. A good claying and then scratch removal/minimization yielded my best results. Having the Porter Cable makes it a whole lot easier for polishing/wax removal.

Don't sell that Porter Cable short. :D

I love my Porter Cable too!

jeremy

MarauderMark
09-15-2007, 05:12 AM
I was not as impressed w/ Zaino as I thought I would be. Mothers or Meguires works just as well when applied the same way.

KillJoy

+1.......;)

Mike Poore
09-15-2007, 05:31 AM
BTW, friends, you may want to check Meguiar's website, from time to time, as they sometimes offer terrific package deals that include the Porter Cable machine. I've bought two of 'em that way. They have a Meguiar's sticker on 'em; but it's the same product. I and other users give the Porter Cable our highest recommendations.

I also recommend their Professional detailing products. (the one's with the numbers). Also there's some goo they sell that will instantly remove that foggy appearance from your headlight lenses. My bottle got passed 'round at the All Ford Nationals at Carlisle, this June. (you Fox body guys know what I mean) :up:

burt ragio
09-15-2007, 06:21 AM
Good surface prep is the key. Wash car clay car little pollish to remove swirls and light scratches. Some good carnueba wax will bring out the deep color and shine every time. Portercable #7424 with proper pads the only way to shine.

BigCars4Ever
09-15-2007, 07:07 PM
+1 Porter Cable

J-MAN
09-16-2007, 05:27 PM
:cool5: David, you have a good brother-in-law. I have heard good things about Menzurna/Blackfire also. We want pictures!!

Exactly!

Steve, I think the prep work is the key. A good claying and then scratch removal/minimization yielded my best results. Having the Porter Cable makes it a whole lot easier for polishing/wax removal.

I love my Porter Cable too!

jeremy

Gotta agree:2thumbs: It's all in the prep. I haven't found a big difference in the high end waxes/polishes/sealants I've tried. Many have thier favorites and will fight to the death(almost)defending their their brand. The Porter Cable is one great machine although I'm eying a Cyclo for the spring.

04MRADR
10-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey! Why not start a wax debate? We need to know the best that's out there if we really want to preserve our Marauders. I took an informal poll this past summer from the membership and I wanted something that wouldn't break my arms and elbows off to remove the wax or polsh. Several members recommended Turtle Wax Ice, which is actually a polish. Consumer Reports gave it a great review. I tried it and was amazed at the results. Thing I liked best was you can use it on the exterior rubber and plastc trim and the rubber and plastic does not turn white or powdery looking! I did it about a month and a half ago and it still looks great! Deepest, richest shine I've ever had since I owned the car. I saw a member's Marauder at a members meet in Bensalem, PA. a few months back and the Zaino looked incredible too. Your the first person who I ever heard mention Blackfire. Never heard of it but hey I never heard of Turtle Wax Ice until last summer. And I also bought the Turtle Wax Ice Claybar kit and remover to take off residue etc and I'm sure that helped produce the brilliant deep shine I now have. Your Blackfire sounds nice too but for the sake of the membership was it tought o apply and remove? The Turtle Wax Ice was not. There was a bit of cloudiness in the paint but not much so I washed the car again a couple hours after I used the Turtle Wax Ice and all the cloudiness left. Very happy with it so far. And very easy to put on and remove. A silicone product.

I've been wanting to really do a job on my MM for some time now. I was going to buy Zaino System and give it a try. My brother in law comes over last Saturday with his porter cable polisher & Menzurna & Blackfire polish.

I have to tell ya, my DTR did not look this good when I picked it up new!

Blackfire is an amazing product! I am certain it would be physically impossible for my MM to look any better. Just my 2 cents.

I'll post photos soon

OO91
10-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Has anyone here used the black zymol wax? Id like to get some and try to hide some scratches. Please let me know.