PDA

View Full Version : ScanGaugeII Group Buy

Linear Logic
09-14-2007, 08:54 AM
We have been asked to host a group buy on your forums for the ScanGauge II.

http://www.scangauge.com/assets/graphics/IMG_2009_withdims.jpg

http://www.scangauge.com/products/sg2photos/images/IMG_1999_Aqua.jpg

Trip computer
It will save 4 sets of trip data: Current, Today, Previous day, and Tank data.

Digital Gauges
You can display up to 4 gauges at one time including:
Fuel Economy, Fuel Rate, Digital Speedometer, Engine Load, Manifold Pressure, Tachometer, Battery Voltage, Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, Ignition Timing, Throttle Position, Open/Closed Loop, and more!

Scan Tool
This will read/clear trouble codes, along with saving the conditions that were going on when the trouble code was sent by your car's computer.

New Add-A-Gauge™ feature allows users to input up to 25 additional gauges for anything that your vehicle reports, such as transmission temperature, cylinder head temperature, barometric pressure, and MANY more.

You can change the backlight to 7 pre-set colors, or customize your own with 63 different possible colors.

Group buy price 149.95 shipped anywhere.
You can purchase an extra cable for 14.95 (normally 19.95) This is usually used when people route the cable through their dash where it may not be easy to take out and use on another vehicle.

It is possible to link 2 ScanGauge II's together using a standard Cat5 cable and display up to 8 simultaneous gauges. (the extra cable that we sell is not for this)
Send paypal payments to groupbuy@linear-logic.com
In your notes on paypal please include your MercuryMarauder.net name and the code MERCUS, this code must also be used for phone orders.

Please write in the paypal notes if your payment is for one or two Gauges + Extra Cable.

If you do not have paypal and do not want to sign up for it, you can order over the phone. I am here from 8am to 4pm pacific time.
Toll-free 888-433-5664

Orders that are placed before 10am PST will usually be shipped on that day. If not, they will be shipped the next day. Shipping will be USPS Priority which they say is 2-3 day delivery time.

If you have any questions, post them here, or you can PM or e-mail me at groupbuy@linear-logic.com

Thanks!
Joey

Zack
09-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the sweet deal, bought one!

fastblackmerc
09-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Just placed my order.

Zack
09-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Glad the mods were on lunch when I bought mine!

Mike Poore
09-14-2007, 12:20 PM
There was a little confusion about websites, but it's cleared up, and we're very pleased to be able to offer this great product to our members. Feel free to contact Joey and order yours. It's a great product at a terrific price.:D

Thanks again, to Linear Logic and Joey for making the offer to our members, And :welcome1:to our newest member.

Zack
09-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Im in process of aquiring an Overhead console, and plan on offering the 'Modded Compass' to members on an exchange basis.
Pricing to be determined.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/0/4/SG-9.jpg

MERCMAN
09-14-2007, 01:15 PM
What is available for our cars to report? N/A

Bigdogjim
09-14-2007, 01:36 PM
You can use it for single trip data.

I plan to order one my self :up:

MERCMAN
09-14-2007, 01:38 PM
what kind of data(besides the obvious speed, fuel etc)

fastblackmerc
09-14-2007, 01:41 PM
what kind of data(besides the obvious speed, fuel etc)
From the 1st post:

Trip computer
It will save 4 sets of trip data: Current, Today, Previous day, and Tank data.

Digital Gauges
You can display up to 4 gauges at one time including:
Fuel Economy, Fuel Rate, Digital Speedometer, Engine Load, Manifold Pressure, Tachometer, Battery Voltage, Coolant Temp, Intake Air Temp, Ignition Timing, Throttle Position, Open/Closed Loop, and more!

Scan Tool
This will read/clear trouble codes, along with saving the conditions that were going on when the trouble code was sent by your car's computer.

New Add-A-Gauge™ feature allows users to input up to 25 additional gauges for anything that your vehicle reports, such as transmission temperature, cylinder head temperature, barometric pressure, and MANY more.

You can change the backlight to 7 pre-set colors, or customize your own with 63 different possible colors.

More info here:

http://www.scangauge.com/features/

MERCMAN
09-14-2007, 01:44 PM
I read that, the question has still not been answered. What is available TO READ on the marauder? What data is available for this product to "mine"?

Marauderjack
09-14-2007, 01:54 PM
Hey Joey,

I have one and Ron told me several months ago that it could be reprogrammed to read fuel pressure from the OBD-II port.....can that be done with mine now or not??:confused:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Linear Logic
09-14-2007, 03:27 PM
The new software in the ScanGauges will be able to read any available sensor data for any car that is OBDII compatible. We do not have a list of all available sensors for every car. There are people here that may know what is available for a Marauder. If not right now, they will soon when they get one and try it out.

We are going to be reprogramming previous versions in the very near future. As soon as we have a process for how this will be done efficiently I will post details.

Thanks!
Joey

Zack
09-14-2007, 03:44 PM
A super sweet product, perfect size and cheap.
I woould be lost without it now.

VAmarauder03
09-14-2007, 03:44 PM
how come the website says nothing about the ability to moniter 25 extra gauges?

MERCMAN
09-14-2007, 03:51 PM

Since you have removed your compass, I bet you are lost most of the time anyway :rofl:

RCSignals
09-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Since you have removed your compass, I bet you are lost most of the time anyway :rofl:

He had a compass? :dunno: :)

Bigdogjim
09-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Well not a moral compass:rofl:

Mike Poore
09-14-2007, 04:04 PM
He had a compass? :dunno: :)

Um, his moral one. :coffee:

Linear Logic
09-14-2007, 04:14 PM
how come the website says nothing about the ability to moniter 25 extra gauges?

We just finished with it and only started shipping it on Wednesday. If you check www.scangauge.com/support/xgauge it will bring you to a link to the PDF file with the new Add-A-Gauge™ commands.

Zack
09-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Cool!
So this now monitors everything an Aeroforce Gauge does, but far cheaper.

SOLD
I will be buyinig another as soon as I find an overhead console.

RCSignals
09-14-2007, 05:48 PM
Cool!
So this now monitors everything an Aeroforce Gauge does, but far cheaper.

SOLD
I will be buyinig another as soon as I find an overhead console.

so you're going for two?

Marauderjack
09-15-2007, 03:44 AM
The new software in the ScanGauges will be able to read any available sensor data for any car that is OBDII compatible. We do not have a list of all available sensors for every car. There are people here that may know what is available for a Marauder. If not right now, they will soon when they get one and try it out.

We are going to be reprogramming previous versions in the very near future. As soon as we have a process for how this will be done efficiently I will post details.

Thanks!
Joey

I will gladly send mine back for reprogramming.....FP is the only thing it does not read!!:argue:

1stMerc
09-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Do you offer a trade in on Scanguage I?

Linear Logic
09-17-2007, 07:58 AM
If you purchased an original ScanGauge from us in the past call me at 888-433-5664 x13

~Joey

racorcey
09-17-2007, 11:10 AM

Amen to that. I've had mine for just over a year now, and find it all but indispensible. With the additional future mods, it now further enhances its own value.

Shora
09-17-2007, 06:21 PM
Amen to that. I've had mine for just over a year now, and find it all but indispensible. With the additional future mods, it now further enhances its own value.

Guys, you should jump on this Group Buy Now. The price is great and the features are second to none.

Nothing else on the market offers you anything with even near the features that this Scan Gauge II offers.

With it's new X-Gauge (extra gauge) features it monitors every sensor the Marauder and many other cars offer. It displays them 4 at a time and one can connect 2 Scan Gauge IIs together and view 8 sensors simultaneously.

I really like that you can scan and clear engine codes when they come up. Saves you a big headache when something goes wrong.

Also, because of it's small footprint it can be mounted almost anywhere. I wanted to keep my compass (even though I never remember using is so I mounted mine next to the steering column opposite the conceal display for my V1 Radar Detector.

I live in South FL. so monitoring the different temps is important to me. Thus, I usually monitor the Actual:

-Water Temp (our oem gauge is just short of a dummy light)

-Transmission Temp (help me decide if I want to install an additional tranny cooler).

-Cylinder Head Temp (close to what the water temp is but I feel good knowing my heads are not getting too hot).

-For the forth display I usually monitor the Air Intake to know how hot the under hood temp are compare the out side air. However, I still have a lot more sensors to monitor and play around with.

Below are a few pics of my set up (my brother has the same set up in his Marauder). Click the pics for a bigger view.

I have a perfectly clear view, no wires exposed, and no cutting up or damaging of any panels. I could always remove the glue from the Velcro with Goo Gone if I ever decide to remove it from my Marauder. However, not much chance of that.

(No knocks on those who replaced the compass. It looks great up there.)

I am writing this review just because I am a happy customer. With that said, once you install one of these babies you will ask yourself how you ever lived without it.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/152_5258_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=9516&catid=newimages)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/152_5260_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=9515&catid=newimages)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/152_5261_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=9514&catid=newimages)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/152_5262_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=9513&catid=newimages)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/152_5263_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=9512&catid=newimages)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/5/1/3/152_5264_thumb.jpg (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/showimage.php?i=9511&catid=newimages)

fastblackmerc
09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Shora, I have my V1 remote display mounted in the same place and the ScanGaugeII looks good on the other side...... now I'm not sure I want to mount it in the overhead console......

Shora
09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Shora, I have my V1 remote display mounted in the same place and the ScanGaugeII looks good on the other side...... now I'm not sure I want to mount it in the overhead console......

You will be VERY happy with it where I mounted it. If not, you could still go ahead and replace the compass at a later time but not the other way around.

Marauderjack
09-18-2007, 03:43 AM

Thanks!
Joey

Joey,

Will the newer ones read FP in an 04 Marauder??:confused:

If so I'll buy one and use this one in my truck or send it back for re-program!!:beer:

I see Zack's in the overhead console reads FP....39.1??:bows:

racorcey
09-18-2007, 06:11 AM
BTW, as a minor note of caution, for those of you living in the hotter states of the good ol' USA....be aware of the fact that the display will appear blank if left directly in the sun. Heck, that even happens to me up here in the NE in the hot weather. Mine is mounted on the dash pad cover, and I normally just take it off the dash when parking in sun in the summer. I don't know what will happen when mounted near the steering column or in the upper console as a compass replacement when it's really hot, but I guess those that have done so will let us know. The LCD display, while custom made for LinearLogic, is not rated for industrial/auto temperature ranges. Again, while more than pleased with the unit overall, just be aware of its temperature limitation.

racorcey
09-18-2007, 06:34 AM
As some of the current users already know, when setting up the ScanGuage for reading MPG, you may want to be aware of the following....

When setting up the fuel tank size, you can only set it in whole gallons - no fractions. Obviously, you will want to set the tank size to 19 gallons. The real problem is that tank size is really only nominal on all cars. The ScanGuage allows you to add or subtract a percentage of measured fuel during fillup to compensate for this deficiency from the manufacturer's tank size spec.

I found that after many fillups - specifically where you allow the pump to shut itself off, and you allow no "topping off" - to be the most accurate measurement. This is also confirmed by the ScanGuage folks, and is stated specifically in their manual. I believe that 99% of you will find that setting the adjustment to 1.4% high will compensate properly. I now find that nearly all fillups are within 0.1 gallon, to a max of 0.2 gallon. When I tried adjusting for each fillup, it drove me nuts - and the returned MPG was all over the place.

Now, one more caution doing this adjustment. I'm sure most of you are aware that gasoline is compressible. That is, its volume expands and contracts with temperature. DEPENDING upon when the gas station just got its last load of fuel, and how long it has been in the underground storage tank, etc., will affect the fillup readings. I found that between 40 and 80 degrees F gave me the variation quoted above. Anything hotter or colder than these temps will cause variations of as much as 0.3 to 0.4 gallon. My personal advice - after letting the engineer in me try to take over reason - just let it average out using the measurement I quoted above.

I hope this helps some of you future buyers of ScanGuage!

1stMerc
09-18-2007, 05:37 PM
This is where i mounted original guage since 2005. No problem with heat on even the hottest days.
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/2/7/Img00060.jpg

Think i'll put the new one in the overhead console.

Thanks Joey,

magindat
09-19-2007, 04:56 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=534269&highlight=aeroforce#post534269

Linear Logic
09-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Interesting. Well people will always choose what they want. It is nice to have options.
Sorry for any Drama that we may have caused, but we too have been working with people on this forum for quite some time to make sure things are working for the Marauder.

I've always liked the quote you posted in the other thread.

"The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory."- Aldo Gucci.

Luckily we have a proven record of quality and have also managed to keep it at a low price.

ScanGauge is proudly made in the USA

Siege
09-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Ordered my SGII on Tuesday and it was in the mailbox on Thursday.

Thanks LL for the GB and unbelievably quick shipping from AZ!

Shora
09-21-2007, 03:29 AM
First, I want to say that I have A LOT of respect for Rich (Magindat). He has gone above and beyond to the members of the Marauder Family.

However, I must say that I do not agree with this statement about the Scan Gauge II product:

Originally Posted by magindat http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=534304#post53 4304)
"The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory."- Aldo Gucci.

They have a high quality BUILT IN THE USA product and also offer great customer support and service. If you don't believe me, just try calling and see how easy it is to reach Joey by phone.

Also, they actually stand behind their product and offer a 30 day money back program and a full one year warranty. Here it is off their website:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=hdl18_red vAlign=bottom align=middle>30 Day Unconditional Money Back Guarantee!</TD></TR><TR><TD class=hdl11_gray align=middle>1 Year Limited Warranty</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The AeroForce Gauge does not offer a 30 day money back program and only offers a 180 warranty. Here it is off their website:

Aeroforce Technology warrants this product and its accessories against defects in material and workmanship for
a period of 180 days from the date of purchase.

Only 180 days? It sounds to me like someone is indeed not confident about the quality of their product.

Sorry if the truth I point out seems harsh. It is not intended against Rich in any manner. It is just the truth as I know it.

Marauderjack
09-21-2007, 04:07 AM
I bought a ScanGauge I and it worked fine but looked a bit "Clunky" so I called and ordered a Scangauge II from Ron DeLong himself!!!:beer: Ron also gave me a $20.00 discount since I was a current owner of the original ScanGauge I....sold the old one and came out about even!!!:burnout:

Ron and now Joey are first class as is the Scangauge II...the only thing mine doesn't read is fuel pressure but Ron told me yesterday they will have the "Xgauge" codes for it soon!!!:D

BTW, I ordered a second Scangauge II on Tuesday and got it yesterday...will send my original back for re-programming when they are ready (it is currently in the Dodge truck and works fine)!!

First class company with a VERY nice tool.....IMHO!!!:bows:

Marauderjack:D

jonroe
09-21-2007, 08:52 AM
It sure seems to me that the sniping could stop. Both products seem to me to be well designed and appeal to slightly different needs. I looked over the ScanGauge quite a bit before I finally decided to buy the Aeroforce. That was my choice based on my needs. I thought the ScanGauge was fine but I didn't want the external mount and I wanted a few parameters not offered there.

Can we just offer our experiences and recommendations that are not snide shots at either one of these good products?

Jon

courtmarshall
09-21-2007, 09:21 AM
Just sent in my order...:banana:

Linear Logic
09-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Me Three.

And yours will go out today and should be received probably on Tuesday possibly Monday.

fastblackmerc
09-21-2007, 09:29 AM
I ordered one also. Will likely be getting one for by better half's Charger.

forcefedjunkie
09-21-2007, 11:49 AM
The AeroForce Gauge does not offer a 30 day money back program and only offers a 180 warranty. Here it is off their website:

Aeroforce Technology warrants this product and its accessories against defects in material and workmanship for
a period of 180 days from the date of purchase.

The actual warranty, in effect for over a year, is 1 year as stated all over the website and in the current manuals. You must have looked long and hard to find that very old reference. I cannot even find it. Nice try though.

Todd

Shora
09-21-2007, 12:40 PM
The actual warranty, in effect for over a year, is 1 year as stated all over the website and in the current manuals. You must have looked long and hard to find that very old reference. I cannot even find it. Nice try though.

Todd

How dare you outright lie!

I copied and pasted that "FROM YOUR SITE" as I was typing the post.

If you want to increase your warranty from 180 days to one year just say so but don't lie and/ or accuse me of using old or no longer valid info.

In fact, it is even still on your site on the very bottom in the dealer section.

Don't take my word for it folks. Just click the following link and scroll down to the very bottom.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/dealers.html

Listen, your gauge is not for everyone. Some of us prefer the Scan Gauge II. Please don't attack those of us who enjoy it and the level of service that we received.

I receive nothing from the success of the Scan Gauge II. I just enjoy the product so I wrote a review with personal opinions in it. It is common to read reviews about all sorts of different products on this site. What is not common is to have a business man who sells competing products accuse the members here of being dishonest.

I have nothing against your product in the least.

Good luck.

MM03MOK
09-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Please keep this level-headed. We have two great offers presented to us. Thank you.

Linear Logic
09-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Hmm, I guess all I can say is...lol

GreekGod
09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
My new SGII magically appeared at my door in 2 days from AZ to MI. I have an original SG, and it still works fine. The SGII is a very nice improvement, and well worth the money.

Linear Logic
09-21-2007, 04:45 PM
2 days? TOO LONG. I need to practice my magic more and try to get it down to instant delivery.

One thing I have noticed though is that people are always so surprised to receive things in 2-3 days from ordering. I don't buy very much stuff online but there must be a lot of people that take forever shipping.

fastblackmerc
09-21-2007, 04:48 PM
2 days? TOO LONG. I need to practice my magic more and try to get it down to instant delivery.

One thing I have noticed though is that people are always so surprised to receive things in 2-3 days from ordering. I don't buy very much stuff online but there must be a lot of people that take forever shipping.

Zack
09-21-2007, 05:27 PM

Did you count 10 dots exactly? :confused: :D

1stMerc
09-21-2007, 05:32 PM

Ordered mine Tuesday evening and it came today. I buy quite a bit online, some speedy deliver, some not.

The vendors here are first rate in the time to delivery department, always in time for the weekend.

chucky
09-21-2007, 06:08 PM
ordered mine today

1stMerc
09-22-2007, 06:34 AM
Mounted ScanGuage II

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/2/7/IMAG0015.JPG
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/3/3/2/7/IMAG0019.JPG

Jblue21
09-22-2007, 12:51 PM
so can these read fuel pressure and oil pressure?

Marauderjack
09-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Oil pressure...No, since it is not reported in OBD-II by OEM sender which is only a switch!!!:argue:

Fuel Pressure...Soon, according to Ron at LL!!!:beer:

DJCV
09-22-2007, 05:10 PM
I just pulled the trigger!
(I am Customer Service Director for a nationally recognized company, and I'm very impressed with this company's reputation and commitment to service---so much so that I would buy their product EVEN IF it did not perform as well as advertised. The fact that you get every bit of what you pay for, and more, is the icing and also the cherry on top of an already delicious cake.)

fastblackmerc
09-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Did you count 10 dots exactly? :confused: :D

Yes. Did you count them too?

magindat
09-24-2007, 05:32 AM
Oil pressure...No, since it is not reported in OBD-II by OEM sender which is only a switch!!!:argue:

Fuel Pressure...Soon, according to Ron at LL!!!:beer:

I read (and recorded) fuel pressure and fuel pump duty cycle on my Aeroforce before and after fuel pump and SC install. Ahhh. Peace of mind.

Zack
09-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Seems the Scangage cant read fuel pressure from CRD1, but it reads from BMD0.
Interesting.

VAmarauder03
09-24-2007, 07:34 AM
ahhh the joys of owning a 300A:D

chucky
09-27-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey it came yesterday & I hooked it up this morning for the ride to work
pretty cool just have to find the right place to mount it. Looks like its
made well to.

Top_Fuel
09-28-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm glad I read this thread. I had no idea you could add additional gauges...and didn't realize you could connect two of them together. That's great.

I just upgraded from my ScanGauge I to the ScanGauge II. What a HUGE improvement the new unit is! The display is larger, yet the overall package is much smaller than the original.

For you guys with a Scangauge I, here's something to consider. I just sold mine on eBay a few weeks ago for $108.50! HERE (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=120155710305) is the link. The great part of that is that I only paid $99 for it brand new 3 years ago. You can't beat that! :D

Linear Logic
09-28-2007, 07:45 AM
Yea the original ScanGauges are in high demand because the screen is smaller so it allows people to take them apart and install them in the dash easier.