PDA

View Full Version : Theft Concerns

DeadVic
09-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi John-

You may not recall me but we spent time together when you and the crew came out to AZ for Barrett Jackson last Winter. Can't wait to take you out for more pink tacos sometime soon. he he he

I would like to get some thoughts and suggestions (and perhaps place an order) for some equipment. I have MM and it is getting the Trilogy treatment very soon (ordered the kit a couple weeks ago).

However, my questions are about my daily driver, a 2001 Vic. I listen to Sirius in the car 100% of the time. Right now I have a stock stereo (it's an LX with a trunk CD changer, no sub and in dash tape deck). It have an external Sirius tuner hard wired to the tuner through a modular into the antenna input.

Needless to say, the system is weak and basically sux. I am really against changing the stock headunit look but want to upgrade the sound. I can live with (prefer not to) the external Sirius tuner. Obviously, I can upgrade speakers with no outward appearance changes. What can i do with the headunit to improve sound. I am familiar with those Rockford units that basically reprocess all the stereo sound and are hidden.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Can I add an amp/equalizer with new speakers and accomplish better sound?

What can I do to improve the input sound of the Sirius?

I do not listen to loud music and don't need the loudest speaker on the block. I just want a better quality sound from my 100% Sirius commute.

Pops
09-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Yea I remember you! Good to hear from you. I would use one of the Rockford pieces and add a amp. change the speakers plus add a single 10 inch sub. That would make a great stealth system and sound nice. I will put some prices together on Mondat and PM them to you. Let mre know if you want Pioneer speskers or Rockford.

DeadVic
09-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Thanks a lot!

The speaker brandname doesn't matter, but when I do listen to music I like crispy highs. So, whatever speakers you recommend for that, is fine with me.

My previous car had Infinity Kappas and I had the treble set nearly to the max. That should tell you how much I enjoy hearing those highs.

Take care.
Brian