PDA

View Full Version : 2007 modding season - top speed

snowbird
09-15-2007, 09:16 AM
Top speed :

As I stated earlier, I also wanted to upgrade on the top speed department. This went along pretty good. My aim was to add a Dennis Reinhart rear transmission bushing forced lubing, a rear aerodynamic panel also from DR and a high speed non flex driving shaft.

The forced lubing part was done with the purchase of a used DR tail shaft from a Florida member so I still have my stock one on a shelf and saved a few bucks in the process. The rear panel was ordered at DR’s and installed in a snap (for a change !!).

My choice for a DS was a carbon fiber one made by PST in Tampa. They are supposed to support well over a thousand HP and balanced for 8-9000 rpm. I wanted a bullet proof unit and wanted to save as much inertia as possible as my Pirelli rear tires are 7 pounds each heavier than the stock tires that came with the car. I had a very helpful hand from Joe Walsh to locate his initial order as I didn’t want to unmount and measure my stock one but finally had to do it for sure fit reasons. One last benefit of the CF is that it sports two more nipples to play with, I mean, greasing U-joint nipples for added fun and pleasure.

The result were great as the CF DS is about 25% lighter than stock, at 16 pounds versus 21-22 pounds. It also fit directly in a minute, a big concern I had after ordering that costly custom part a few thousand miles away by Internet. Now the car can go higher on the odometer without fear of breaking something due to unbalance and vibes.
Here’s a few pics.

sabtaj1
09-15-2007, 09:48 AM
looks pricey! Nice.

jdando
09-15-2007, 01:01 PM
That driveshaft is sexy! Keep us posted on what speeds you achieve.

I might do another track day in October if we do not have snow!

jeremy