PDA

View Full Version : 1745mi Black Marauder

gnxtc2
09-19-2007, 03:32 PM
This car is at a dealership that is 15min from my house.

I don't know who had to put the Police Interceptor and High Performance badges.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-Mercury-Marauder-H-P-POLICE-INT-Htd-Leather-AC-Cd_W0QQitemZ120163529008QQihZ0 02QQcategoryZ6340QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

DJCV
09-19-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't know who had to put the Police Interceptor and High Performance badges.

Who cares? Buy it and pull 'em off!! ;)

OneBADLsE
09-19-2007, 05:10 PM
I cant look.... I cant look....

I SHOUDLNT LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SID210SA
09-19-2007, 05:21 PM
It says it a 4.0L V-8 towards the bottom of that ad

smithej450
09-19-2007, 05:58 PM
New Jersey, Texas and Florida has them. I was lucky to get a red one with no miles on it. They are much faster that the stock marauder especially on top end. My marauder run over 140mph and that is clocked on radar. Don't knock it until you try it. Police interceptor marauders are in a class all by themselves. I won't take my decal off!

jim geary
09-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Type O. Tis a 2003B or a 2004

offroadkarter
09-19-2007, 06:27 PM
ITS IN NJ!!!!!

Since when is a "police interceptor marauder" faster than a normal marauder? Since they are the same?

larryo340
09-19-2007, 06:39 PM
You can't get much newer than that. :)

gnxtc2
09-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Who cares? Buy it and pull 'em off!! ;)

Naa, I bought this one: :)

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37597

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

gnxtc2
09-19-2007, 07:26 PM
From the pics aren't the police interceptors suppose to have certified speedos, a gaurd/re-enforcement on the lower half of the pumpkin. I know there are other stuff put only going by the pics.

I've seen MM as patrol/trooper cars but none up close.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

OneBADLsE
09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
im guessin he wants 24 for this one huh...

RCSignals
09-19-2007, 08:06 PM
There are no special "Police Interceptor" Marauders. There were some Marauders that were bought by Police Agencies for use.
With that low mileage that one most likely was privately owned.

Taemian
09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
New Jersey, Texas and Florida has them. I was lucky to get a red one with no miles on it. They are much faster that the stock marauder especially on top end. My marauder run over 140mph and that is clocked on radar. Don't knock it until you try it. Police interceptor marauders are in a class all by themselves. I won't take my decal off!

Wow....I'd love to know what mods they have to be in "a class all by themselves"..
:bs:

I worked RCMP Fleet Service for years, and the rumours of what the Stangs and Camaros had were just as blown out of proportion. Same with the new Mopar hemis. Puu--leeeze. I also later ran a business called Pursuit Specialties for dept. specific mods, and am well aware of the business end of modding police units.

Please post some pics, as we would all love to see the mods. And no, I won't believe the internals were ever touched. Liability would be far too high for any muni or federal LEO shop. And read P.F.M. before you start spouting off about LEO mods. I think you were either unknowingly sold an MM along with a line of "bunk", or you "somehow" own an ex DEA/ATF car that wouldn't ever have been sold to the public at turnout. Which also apparently can't apply to you since your ex-police MM "has no miles on it" ?!?

Looking forward to reviewing your mods...:beer:
...or calling you on a huge load.

smithej450
09-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the responses. One thing I have learned is that I don't have to prove anything to anybody. But I will tell you this one thing if we happen to meet on a long stretch of highway and you pull your MM (stock) next to my (supposely there are no police interceptor MM) I guarantee you won't be around or no where close. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it does not exist. There are police interceptor MM out there, it not that many.

smithej450
09-19-2007, 08:55 PM
And besides your in British Columbia in another country.

Taemian
09-19-2007, 09:14 PM
"Put up or shut up", as the phrase goes. Of course there are MMs in police service, but even the first 14 or so that were donated to FHP weren't modified in any measurable way, performance wise. (and yes, some of us have a good idea who it was that donated them.)

Of course, it still makes no sense that a former police unit was sold with "no miles on it". What happened, weren't they happy with it's amazing performance so far above stock?

Please tell me even ONE modification that puts this "rarest of the rare" above all other MMs. A lower rear end ratio to make better top speed? Aerodynamics would moot that point in short order. The MM coefficient being about .38 is hideous.

Again, name one mod that would put it so far above the rest of us lowly non-PI MM owners.

I can state for the record that my 04 MM came stock with chromed muffler bearings and the rare unobtanium firewall heatshield. And since I don't have to prove myself (like you said) I guess you better just believe me. I think the fact that I've reasoned this argument out with logic, and you've just decided to take your toys and go home, says much.

Please prove me wrong....I would LOVE to find out about more FoMoCo police rarieties. I own one of the 12 Fairmonts from the CHP's Feasability Study in 1979 that tested the Malibus, Aspens, Fairmonts, Camaros and Stangs. Any more info can be passed on to Ed Stanow, so you can get PAGES of your vehicle in his next police car book.

The fact that I've worked with and researched and owned police vehicles from around the world negates any "not in my backyard" thinking. Again, please post one single documented difference, and I'll gladly get you magazine or even book space!

smithej450
09-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Where did you read in my post that it was an ex-police car being sold to the public when I got it? How could that be with no mileage on it? Where did you read every police car made went straight to known agencies or built within legal restrictions of British Columbia and restricted because of liability? Where did you read in my post telling how I got it Read the post and don't add to it then respond intelligently or otherwise you will post comments like yours.

MACFORD88
09-19-2007, 09:28 PM
That Mm Is Nice

smithej450
09-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm just happy to have my MM, and I hope your happy you got yours. It feels good to run 140+ and there's people out there telling you that your car doesn't exist. That's a great feeling!

Thanks for making me feel special.

Local Boy
09-19-2007, 10:03 PM
Just wanted to chime in on this issue (Police Interceptors)...

When I bought mine...it had TOP COP as its license plates...An older gentleman was selling it...He told me that it was used as a police vehicle and it had such things as a higher out put alternater, thicker sway bars ( it looks pretty stout) need to actually measure it before spending on after market ones, to see if in fact it is bigger...and a beefed up tranny...

I really didn't care if he was telling the truth or not ...I just wanted the car...

I wanted it soooo bad...I didn't ask him it's history...From what I could figure out from our conversation was that it was either his and he was retiring, or it was his sons who had an untimely passing...

If the story of being a "Police Vehicle" was true..Right on...

If it was NOT true...RIGHT ON...I got the car...That's IS what I wanted after all...

Took it home and gave it a thorough cleaning...and found it had the "Interceptor" badge on the back...Didn't notice it during the walk around...I guess I was just soooooo stoked it was a Black MM!

Please be clear....I DO NOT claim this information to be true...

Nor do I care...

Like I said ...If true...Right on!

If not true...Right on...I have a Black MM!

Can't really say it's faster than all other MM's...I haven't sat in any other...just mine

ALOHA

BTW: I was thinking what to do with the emblem...pull it?...or leave it?...

If what was told to me was true...it would add value to the car...

If it were Not true...it kept people off my bumper...

So it still does it's job...true or not...

Needless to say, no one tail gates me...That's a nice bonus when the kids are in the back...

Oh, one more thing...the first thing I did was change out the plates...That was just too over the top...for me...

smithej450
09-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Here is something to consider, if you are looking for MM police interceptors like crown vic interceptors made by the ford factory you are not going to find it. Mercury did not make police interceptors and the sold it police depts with speed limiters (119 MPH) some MM ran a little faster or slower. Here is what happened, Police agencies when they get new cars put it in their service depts and made "standard" modifications to MM. If they did not do the modifications, the police interceptor crown vic would outrun MM by 10 MPH on the top end. These modifications where done uniformly and since these cars were used as police cars, hence the name "police interceptor" was given to them followed by the police interceptor decal. Something had to be labeled to distinguish the regular MM from the Police MM. Imagine explaining to the taxpayers you have a car twice as expense and 10 MPH slower? Something was done to justify use for them. Police depts loved the impala SS and it's performance and that is what the marauder is used for it's performance. But police depts like the performance of the R/T. I hope this clears everything up. There are police interceptor MM out there it is just not that many.

BruteForce
09-19-2007, 10:34 PM
blah blah blah

Welcome to the site n00b. Stick around and we'll learn ya about that Marauder of yours.

Oh yeah... almost forgot... according to the ricers out there, stick-on badges do have a performance effect.

Taemian
09-19-2007, 10:56 PM
You posted:

Police Marauders
"New Jersey, Texas and Florida has them. I was lucky to get a red one with no miles on it. They are much faster that the stock marauder especially on top end. My marauder run over 140mph and that is clocked on radar. Don't knock it until you try it. Police interceptor marauders are in a class all by themselves. I won't take my decal off!"

So....if you have this decal on, which you admit to, you are either telling me you have the "Uber secret police package MM"... OR you are blowing crap by putting this decal on your plain, factory, regular MM like the rest of us have.... OR you got an MM that some special agency ordered and then cancelled, but not before it was highy modified. Ri-i-i-ght.

I agree the MM will go 140+, been there myself. And of course your car exists, don't be silly. But if you had even a shred of experience with LEO units, you'd be able to understand the huge stretch you are making in your claim. BUT>>> please prove me wrong and I'll gladly admit it to everyone on this thread. I'm not talking about DARE cars, or one-offs, but actual in service MMs.

(And yes, I'm aware of Hawaii's PD vehicle elegibility program, and have seen first-hand 2 Vortech'd P71s. But these were both owner-installed, and obviously not MMs. And Loundes County in your own fair state did use Caprice SS back in the late 90s, but none modified to blow away a stock Caprice SS....they're just like stock MMs that beat the snot out of stock P71s)

And considering the average in-service unit has around 200lbs added to it in com gear and all other essentials of highway patrol work (ever actually seen a stocked P71 Vic trunk? In either Canada OR the U.S.?) these must be amazing mods to both overcome the weight handicap AND still blow regular MMs away.

Once again, legal liability issues have absolutely nothing to do with where you live, they are universal in policing. Anyone having actually worked in the field would know that. Ever wonder why you don't see Hemis in every Mopar police rig out there? Or 4.6 DOHCs in every P71 Vic? Hint: It's for more than just C.A.F.E. ratings. Anyways, at the risk of carrying this any further, let me again PLEAD with you to prove me wrong. I'm glad you love your MM, but you have yet to answer a single question I posted as to any mods. I'm not asking for anything unreasonable, just for you to back up your claims. This seems only fair. And I'm serious about getting you book space if your claim about special MMs is true.

And yes, I AM serious about my Fairmont. I'll post some pics of it as soon as you post some info about ANY police MMs in service that have been modified to blow a regular MM away. I'm sure Ed would love to get more data for the new book, and you can bet I'd buy it. I really want this whole story to be true, but sadly, I don't see that happening. Enjoy your MM for what it is, not what you want it to be.

I'm only looking to help further document historic FoMoCo police products and weed out legends and claims. Anyone having info on this subject, feel free to send me verifiable info so it can be legitimately added to the record.

And yes, the chapter on "Rumours, Fiction, and Fact" will include some great fishing stories about the 600 HP Corvette Interceptor that Chevy only made one of, (currently being used in Hicktown USA, of course) and the police package Tahoe that was able to ram a fully loaded cement mixer truck off the road.

Please prove me wrong... as I said it before. Or help me accurately document some very cool history about our cars if you have anything related to police MMs, belonging to you or anyone else. You will be helping advance the MMs history and legacy.

Proof requested, BS rejected.

Taemian
09-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Just wanted to chime in on this issue (Police Interceptors)...

When I bought mine...it had TOP COP as its license plates...An older gentleman was selling it...He told me that it was used as a police vehicle and it had such things as a higher out put alternater, thicker sway bars ( it looks pretty stout) need to actually measure it before spending on after market ones, to see if in fact it is bigger...and a beefed up tranny...

I really didn't care if he was telling the truth or not ...I just wanted the car...

I wanted it soooo bad...I didn't ask him it's history...From what I could figure out from our conversation was that it was either his and he was retiring, or it was his sons who had an untimely passing...

If the story of being a "Police Vehicle" was true..Right on...

If it was NOT true...RIGHT ON...I got the car...That's IS what I wanted after all...

Took it home and gave it a thorough cleaning...and found it had the "Interceptor" badge on the back...Didn't notice it during the walk around...I guess I was just soooooo stoked it was a Black MM!

Please be clear....I DO NOT claim this information to be true...

Nor do I care...

Like I said ...If true...Right on!

If not true...Right on...I have a Black MM!

Can't really say it's faster than all other MM's...I haven't sat in any other...just mine

ALOHA

BTW: I was thinking what to do with the emblem...pull it?...or leave it?...

If what was told to me was true...it would add value to the car...

If it were Not true...it kept people off my bumper...

So it still does it's job...true or not...

Needless to say, no one tail gates me...That's a nice bonus when the kids are in the back...

Oh, one more thing...the first thing I did was change out the plates...That was just too over the top...for me...

So long as you're happy with your MM, that's awesome! If you like the emblem, keep it. Any mods made after the factory generally detract from resale value, but this is so minor it's no biggie. I think it's important to note that your car was bought privately, and wasn't owned by a department...is that right? If so, I continue to prove my point. Enjoy your car, she's a keeper!

RCSignals
09-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Yes Marauders have been and are being used by Police Agencies.
Yes some of those Marauders have had custom tunes and speed limiters removed. Some have had suspension modifications such as heavier anti-sway bars installed.

No Ford/Mercury did not produce "Police package" Marauders.

"Police Interceptor" is a Ford trade mark. (since the 1950's) While anyone can buy a "Police Interceptor" badge for their car, only Ford produces Police Interceptors, not after market conversion shops.

Be happy you own a Marauder, and enjoy it.

Taemian
09-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Here is something to consider, if you are looking for MM police interceptors like crown vic interceptors made by the ford factory you are not going to find it. Mercury did not make police interceptors and the sold it police depts with speed limiters (119 MPH) some MM ran a little faster or slower. Here is what happened, Police agencies when they get new cars put it in their service depts and made "standard" modifications to MM. If they did not do the modifications, the police interceptor crown vic would outrun MM by 10 MPH on the top end. These modifications where done uniformly and since these cars were used as police cars, hence the name "police interceptor" was given to them followed by the police interceptor decal. Something had to be labeled to distinguish the regular MM from the Police MM. Imagine explaining to the taxpayers you have a car twice as expense and 10 MPH slower? Something was done to justify use for them. Police depts loved the impala SS and it's performance and that is what the marauder is used for it's performance. But police depts like the performance of the R/T. I hope this clears everything up. There are police interceptor MM out there it is just not that many.

Sorry, this clears nothing up. Actually, it makes it worse. So who was it exactly that made these "uniform changes" to the mentioned MMs? Private Fleet service shops? That's what I've been asking from the beginning. Any relevant data with even the name of a single shop would be great! BTW, these unknown guys musta been waaay ahead of Lidio, huh? To get MMs a tune that would "blow away a stock MM" while adding 200 lbs in deadweight?

rayjay
09-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Guys, any MM with a tune is capable of 140+. Do a search and you will discover that the FHP bought their MMs from local dealers and then took them to DR for upgrades. I have never heard mention of a police package MM ever being produced by FOMOCO. BTW, I am involved in the vehicle purchase process for my agency. If there was a PP MM available I believe I would have known about it.

smithej450
09-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Rayjay,

Thanks...I tried to explain to our contentious collegue in BC. However, this is a mute point. Our BC collegue want to know what mods are in these cars so he can put it in his friends magazine. I know where I am at, folks are reluctant to share that information. I think the boys on FHP is reluctant to share that information to. So if he thinks that if he keeps putting posts to try to call me out. I will do one better. Let's meet on a lone stretch of highway..and may the best MM win. This is my last post regarding this subject.

Siege
09-20-2007, 05:11 AM
I would LOVE to find out about more FoMoCo police rarieties. Any more info can be passed on to Ed Stanow, so you can get PAGES of your vehicle in his next police car book.

Our BC collegue want to know what mods are in these cars so he can put it in his friends magazine.
Read the post then respond intelligently or otherwise you will post comments like yours.

IMO it's a loss for the community which you're proud to be a member of to not share anything unique that could be a recorded part of Marauder history.

I know where I am at, folks are reluctant to share that information.
The only people reluctant to share modifications are street racers and people full of ****. I doubt the Marauder is a popular street racing car.

I'm from Maryland since the opinions of people seem to hold different weight depending on their location.

Have a great day.

Taemian
09-20-2007, 06:09 AM
Rayjay, RCsignals, Bruteforce, Localboy and Darksyne, thank you all for your posts.

Bottom line is that I would love to have info if there was such a car. But obviously a certain member wants to create an urban legend. Why? I don't know; the MM is a special enough car all on it's own. Maybe he just wants to be part of something more important than himself, something with prestige and/or exclusivity. Yet the MM already has all of that!

I guess I could always invite DR to the thread (I have his chip in my P71) and ask him what mods he did. Of course, it will be all the usual suspects of bolt on mods that we all do. We however, aren't saddled with 150-200lbs of turnout-bags and other emergency equipment to slow things down a bit in the first place.

Well, since we've confirmed a complete LACK of any proof, and that Smithe has never answered any questions about mods, his purchase "situation", or any other relevant data, I guess our work here is done. Thanks for keeping both MM history and owners, accountable. We don't want this board becoming a breeding ground for MM ignorance.

SMOKE
09-20-2007, 06:46 AM
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/Thread-I_like_where_this_thread_is_go ing.jpg

BTW: the car that the thread was supposed to be about is TOOOO CLEEEEAAANNNN.....look at the condition of the floormats!!! It's like a heel has never rested on them.

If I had the scratch I'd snatch this one up....shrink wrap it and open it in 30 years (while driving the one I have currently).

JWM

SHERIFF
09-20-2007, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the responses. One thing I have learned is that I don't have to prove anything to anybody..... Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it does not exist. There are police interceptor MM out there, it not that many.

Who told you this fairy tale?

Was it a sales pitch when you bought one?

Jolly Roger
09-20-2007, 09:19 AM
It says it a 4.0L V-8 towards the bottom of that ad

Yeah,
they're really rare.
They only made a handful of those.:D

smithej450
09-20-2007, 11:36 AM
Dear Taemian,

I knew you wanted to know what mods I had on my car. Instead of asking for it in a tactful way. You post something (in which you don't know what you talking about) to try to put someone down. There is an old saying, "Harsh words stir up anger". I have only been on this website a day and it is sad to run across insecure individuals like you. I have been in Law enforcement for 16 years, you have not. I know what they do to police cars because I drive one every day. I would not post about police interceptor marauders if I did not have one. And for your information 200lbs don't slow the police crown vics down, it is the bar lights on top, why do you think most police depts are putting bar lights inside the car or making them smaller? To cut down on the wind resistance. If you were a police officer you would know that. Please don't you or your non-believe haters post anything else because it make you look stupid and them, talking about police cars and don't use them or drive them in the field (like I do). Did you know in South Carolina the BMW factory gave the Highway Patrol 25 M5 BMWs (they been doing this since 1993) and guess what they are called "Police Interceptors". I guess in your small world (really small) they don't exist also.

Ron
09-20-2007, 12:21 PM
This is the only way you get a PI MM !

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13980&highlight=fhp+florida

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14455&highlight=fhp+florida

fastblackmerc
09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
This is the only way you get a PI MM !

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13980&highlight=fhp+florida

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14455&highlight=fhp+florida

There is another way to get a "Police Interceptor" Marauder...

With these: :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1-ONE-POLICE-INTERCEPTOR-EMBLEM-MUSTANG-4-99-EACH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategor yZ33643QQihZ008QQitemZ18015944 2213QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-POLICE-INTERCEPTOR-GOLD-OIL-CAP-PLATE-AWESOME-LOOK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategor yZ33643QQihZ008QQitemZ18016007 5333QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ford-Police-Interceptor-Cap-Hat-Crown-Victoria_W0QQitemZ200152692034 QQihZ010QQcategoryZ52366QQssPa geNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIte m

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-POLICE-INTERCEPTOR-PURSUIT-PUSHBAR-DECAL-CHP-RADAR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcatego ryZ50449QQihZ012QQitemZ2201503 03986QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Crown-Victoria-Police-Interceptor-Emblem_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcateg oryZ33643QQihZ007QQitemZ170150 068885QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-6-POLICE-INTERCEPTOR-EMBLEM-EMBLEMS-MUSTANG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcate goryZ33643QQihZ018QQitemZ28015 3432983QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLICE-INTERCEPTOR-PURSUIT-VEHICLE-LICENSE-PLATE-FRAME_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcatego ryZ33643QQihZ008QQitemZ1801598 80794QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-POLICE-INTERCEPTOR-PUSHBAR-DECAL-CHP-GO-RHINO-CVPI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategor yZ33643QQihZ012QQitemZ22015056 0428QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

This is the best: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-FORD-POLICE-INTERCEPTOR-INSIDE-GOLD-WINDOW-DECALS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcateg oryZ6755QQihZ016QQitemZ2601618 30455QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The bottom line is Ford never made a "Police Interceptor" Marauder. Marauders were used as Police vehicles though.

RCSignals
09-20-2007, 12:49 PM
........................ Did you know in South Carolina the BMW factory gave the Highway Patrol 25 M5 BMWs (they been doing this since 1993) and guess what they are called "Police Interceptors". ..............

They may be generically and locally referred to as "Police Interceptors" but, as I said, "Police Interceptor" is a Ford Trade Mark. Ford owns the name, Ford created the name.
BMW does not call or label those cars "Police Interceptors" unless they have an agreement with Ford, and no upfitter can either..

gnxtc2
09-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Dear Taemian,

I knew you wanted to know what mods I had on my car. Instead of asking for it in a tactful way. You post something (in which you don't know what you talking about) to try to put someone down. There is an old saying, "Harsh words stir up anger". I have only been on this website a day and it is sad to run across insecure individuals like you. I have been in Law enforcement for 16 years, you have not. I know what they do to police cars because I drive one every day. I would not post about police interceptor marauders if I did not have one. And for your information 200lbs don't slow the police crown vics down, it is the bar lights on top, why do you think most police depts are putting bar lights inside the car or making them smaller? To cut down on the wind resistance. If you were a police officer you would know that. Please don't you or your non-believe haters post anything else because it make you look stupid and them, talking about police cars and don't use them or drive them in the field (like I do). Did you know in South Carolina the BMW factory gave the Highway Patrol 25 M5 BMWs (they been doing this since 1993) and guess what they are called "Police Interceptors". I guess in your small world (really small) they don't exist also.

So what is different with your MM than a regular one?

You stated that your MM is different and many of us here are curious. Please teach us.

Thank you

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

hotride03
09-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Wow... only 1745mi!

fastblackmerc
09-20-2007, 01:37 PM
So what is different with your MM than a regular one?

You stated that your MM is different and many of us here are curious. Please teach us.

Thank you

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

PSSSST.... it's got the "Police Interceptor" badge on it That's what makes it "special".

larryo340
09-20-2007, 01:45 PM
And for your information 200lbs don't slow the police crown vics down, it is the bar lights on top, why do you think most police depts are putting bar lights inside the car or making them smaller? To cut down on the wind resistance. If you were a police officer you would know that.

Here on Long Island as far as I know they remove the roof lights and put them in the grill, dash, and rear shelf so you can't tell they are coming up behind you. Sneaky but it works.

OneBADLsE
09-20-2007, 01:54 PM
I especially like what Nassau highway patrol has on their cars. Its like a rear wing on the top the rear window...Looks pretty niceee

larryo340
09-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I especially like what Nassau highway patrol has on their cars. Its like a rear wing on the top the rear window...Looks pretty niceee
I haven't seen those here in Suffolk as of yet. The highway guys here still have huge setup on roof.

FormulaMarauder
09-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Let me end this, right here, right now. When I was injured at work I was put on light duty for quite some time. Working for a department that has over 300 fleet cars, you get to know the in's and out's pretty quick in regards to the Vics, and the "Police Interceptor" package. A stock V8 Crown Vic will produce quicker ET's than the "Police Interceptor" counterpart, mostly in part that it is about 412lb heavier, or 444lbs with full brush guards. The only things that are included in the Interceptor package is heavy duty brakes, thicker sway bars, heavy duty struts, 4 core aluminum radiator, and a high output alternator...Thats it. Cam profiles are the same, tune is the same, exhaust is the same, intake is the same. There is nothing done to the car to enhance the performance. There were "0" made with the Cobra engine. Furthermore; there were no Marauder Interceptor packages. Go on ebay, you'll find a ton of Interceptor badges. Here, I'll even show you one.
http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Crown-Victoria-Police-Interceptor-Emblem_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcateg oryZ33643QQihZ007QQitemZ170150 068885QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Maybe there are mods done to the car you speak of. I doubt it, but maybe there are. IF there are, they were done by an owner, and not the factory. There were 212 Marauders sold to Police Agencies, mostly to small Departments who had Chiefs who wanted the cars "just to have" the cars. Nothing was done to them other than factory trim. I think my above statement speaks for itself. If you really want to be embaressed, i'll be more than happy to post the originating dealership and invoice information so we can all get a laugh.

In regards to you being a "law wnforcement officer", I doubt it. If you are, it is embaressing to the profession that you would whine like a 12yr old on a public forum. People like you give cops a bad rap.

Regards.........

FormulaMarauder
09-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Here on Long Island as far as I know they remove the roof lights and put them in the grill, dash, and rear shelf so you can't tell they are coming up behind you. Sneaky but it works.

That is 100% the truth. Our department has been trying it out for months now. Night and day difference in regards to peoples surroundings when they dont see a bar in their mirrors.

vkirkend
09-20-2007, 02:22 PM
I bought some of those stickers online. Does that make my Marauder faster?:banana:

n00bkiller944
09-20-2007, 02:39 PM
^^^Yes sir, those badges beat a procharger in a 0 to 60

offroadkarter
09-20-2007, 02:53 PM
^^^Yes sir, those badges beat a procharger in a 0 to 60

Come to NJ and buy this marauder

You know you want to ;)

n00bkiller944
09-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I know i do its insane lol

smithej450
09-20-2007, 04:25 PM
It's obvious formula marauder you don't what your talking about.

gnxtc2
09-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Let me end this, right here, right now. When I was injured at work I was put on light duty for quite some time. Working for a department that has over 300 fleet cars, you get to know the in's and out's pretty quick in regards to the Vics, and the "Police Interceptor" package. A stock V8 Crown Vic will produce quicker ET's than the "Police Interceptor" counterpart, mostly in part that it is about 412lb heavier, or 444lbs with full brush guards. The only things that are included in the Interceptor package is heavy duty brakes, thicker sway bars, heavy duty struts, 4 core aluminum radiator, and a high output alternator...Thats it. Cam profiles are the same, tune is the same, exhaust is the same, intake is the same. There is nothing done to the car to enhance the performance. There were "0" made with the Cobra engine. Furthermore; there were no Marauder Interceptor packages. Go on ebay, you'll find a ton of Interceptor badges. Here, I'll even show you one.
http://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Crown-Victoria-Police-Interceptor-Emblem_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcateg oryZ33643QQihZ007QQitemZ170150 068885QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Maybe there are mods done to the car you speak of. I doubt it, but maybe there are. IF there are, they were done by an owner, and not the factory. There were 212 Marauders sold to Police Agencies, mostly to small Departments who had Chiefs who wanted the cars "just to have" the cars. Nothing was done to them other than factory trim. I think my above statement speaks for itself. If you really want to be embaressed, i'll be more than happy to post the originating dealership and invoice information so we can all get a laugh.

In regards to you being a "law wnforcement officer", I doubt it. If you are, it is embaressing to the profession that you would whine like a 12yr old on a public forum. People like you give cops a bad rap.

Regards.........

Forgot some:

-There are also shields on the rear end and rear lower shock points.
-Oil Cooler
-No resonators on tailpipes
And some other interior changes

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

RCSignals
09-20-2007, 05:01 PM
Forgot some:

-There are also shields on the rear end and rear lower shock points.
-Oil Cooler
-No resonators on tailpipes
And some other interior changes

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

aluminum drive shaft, longer transmission tailstock,
non silenced intake tube
freer flowing airbox on newer ones
the tune is different as I understand, as are shift points.

I'm not sure the CVPI stock is heavier.

The only stock CV that might compare in performance (with an unencumbered by Police equipment CVPI) is the LXSport which has dual exhaust and handling package, but does not have the same HP as the newer CVPIs.

SHERIFF
09-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Dear Taemian,

I have been in Law enforcement for 16 years, you have not. I know what they do to police cars because I drive one every day. I would not post about police interceptor marauders if I did not have one.

I was a deputy sheriff for almost 3 decades. And by the year 2003 and 2004 I was finally intelligent enough to catch onto things rather easily. Having said this.... trust me.... there was NEVER a police package Marauder manufactured. I repeat....... NEVER. To keep insisting there was, you will lose any credibility you could have ever earned in these forums. Stop now and prevent yourself further damage. :D

Canadasvt
09-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Welcome to the site.
I'm from another country also, but luckily I'm more intelligent than most another country folk.

Any pics of your ride? :cool:

fastblackmerc
09-20-2007, 05:22 PM
It's obvious formula marauder you don't what your talking about.

Even with overwhelming information against, him he still contents we know nothing about the faux "Police Interceptor" Marauder.

Amazing!

Like was stated earlier - Putup or shutup.

Richy04
09-20-2007, 07:06 PM
There never was a Police Package Marauder, I get all of the fleet magazines and this was never even mentioned ever as an option in law enforcement.. Most depts buy off of State contract anyway.. The depts with Marauders are those that can pick and choose certain vehicles for their own purposes. FHP etc.. can select vehicles from stock if it suits their needs. The Marauder was never even offered anywhere as a police vehicle but some agencies purchased them for the stealthyness they offered..

Taemian
09-20-2007, 07:39 PM
Heya Everybody,

Well, this Smithe guy seems to be just trying to bait us now...either that or he's really, really messed up. Just for the record Smithe, saying you're a police officer doesn't actually make you one.

I on the other hand served in the military (Army-3 years), then worked as a police fleet mechanic 4 years), then started a private police-oriented fleet shop (2 years), then served as a sworn Peace Officer in two seperate federal branches( 4 years total, the last year was aux. constable). I now work transport in the film biz up here in Vancouver. ( I don't have to wear Kevlar anymore and the pay is $$$!!)

I've also only been around this board for a short time, having purchased my MM in late August. I know what it's like to be a noob about MM stuff. We have a wonderful machine in the MM, let's just stick to the facts of what is really out there. I also notice that everyone else who responded is saying the same thing I did. If there is an anomaly in the MM world, fill us in! We would love to know about it! Otherwise, a person who spouts off just makes himself look silly, or worse...

So Smithe, I sugggest we end this particular thread agreeing to disagree. You may hold to your opinion, and the rest of us will hold to ours. Sound fair?

SamF
09-20-2007, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the responses. One thing I have learned is that I don't have to prove anything to anybody. But I will tell you this one thing if we happen to meet on a long stretch of highway and you pull your MM (stock) next to my (supposely there are no police interceptor MM) I guarantee you won't be around or no where close. Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it does not exist. There are police interceptor MM out there, it not that many.

All this time and research devoted to the 03/04 Marauder and it took until now for someone to remove the cloak of secrecy surrounding the long rumored but never seen factory Marauder PI. Thank you for clearing this up for the great unwashed masses :rolleyes: "it not that many?" You right about that, not too many people added the rear badge.

2003 MIB
09-20-2007, 07:58 PM
I wonder if the PI Marauder is white. He didn't say...

larryo340
09-20-2007, 08:04 PM
That is 100% the truth. Our department has been trying it out for months now. Night and day difference in regards to peoples surroundings when they dont see a bar in their mirrors.
And where might that be?

VAmarauder03
09-20-2007, 09:36 PM
There are more cops out here without out light bars than there are with...Not to mention the number of unmarked cars is rapidly meeting the number of marked, probably exceeding now... We have chargers,camaros, crown vics, explorers, jeep liberties, navigators, escalades, and two Diesel trucks that are dually's...the list is definately longer than that of unmarked cars but you get the idea...

offroadkarter
09-20-2007, 10:48 PM

But even if it is a white PI marauder, its probably out of state somewhere, to far to take a picture of, but he might have a picture of the roof or the corner :D

smithej450
09-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Tamien,

Well said, I did not join the website to go back in forth. I joined the website because we have MMs (no matter what we call it). Moving on to something else, I was reading about the 08 MM that was suppose be coming out. I was a little disapointed with the spec because it was the same as 03-04. The price is in 30,000+. I thought with the Charger, R/T and SVT the MM folks would beef up the engine, power train and add more RWHP.

arejayesss
09-21-2007, 07:24 AM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::po pcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popco rn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: :popcorn:

Ron
09-21-2007, 08:30 AM
I purchased my 2003 MM new. I convinced a friend of mine that this is something special & shortly there after he purchased one new.

He wanted the PI emblem on the back of his in an bad way.
He actually told me that the average consumer could not purchase these emblems & Ford would not sell to the public. (No sh%t, he really believed that!).

Shortly after he pulls up in all smiles cause he has a PI badge on the rear of his MM. He hints for me to look @ the rear of mine. He actually installed a PI badge on my car when I wasn't watching !

My friend was real proud, he told me he called Ford parts. He explained to the parts counter that he was a body shop & he had two CV PI's that he was repairing !

I was not happy, I explained that the CV PI does not have 32 valves & the MM is bader. I removed it.

So to the point. See how someone can be misled.

SMOKE
09-21-2007, 09:03 AM
Tamien,

Moving on to something else, I was reading about the 08 MM that was suppose be coming out. I was a little disapointed with the spec because it was the same as 03-04. The price is in 30,000+. I thought with the Charger, R/T and SVT the MM folks would beef up the engine, power train and add more RWHP.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/4/4/9/0/wtfrudoin.jpg

ANSWER KITTAYH....

BruteForce
09-21-2007, 11:10 AM
I smell a troll...

smithej450
09-21-2007, 11:56 AM
JWMclane03,

Answer the kitty...your age is 36? if this all you can post Grow up! And quit trying to stir #$%t up! It is alright for people to disagree in which I did with my follower post members and seemed to come to a agreement that we disagreed and let it go at that.

SMOKE
09-21-2007, 12:20 PM
You didn't answer kittayh....

BTW: to get you caught up on the whole 2008 Marauder thing...

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36659

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14930

Should clear up 2006 and 2007 model years for you too....

Try using the search function on the site, I did when I was new
(and still to this day). It will get you caught up on the history
of the car, regional clubs and activities, modifications, do it
yourself repairs, and other general knowledge (related to the car
and a whole lot else).

Read more, post less...and welcome to the site.

Best,
Jonathan

RCSignals
09-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Tamien,

Well said, I did not join the website to go back in forth. I joined the website because we have MMs (no matter what we call it). Moving on to something else, I was reading about the 08 MM that was suppose be coming out. I was a little disapointed with the spec because it was the same as 03-04. The price is in 30,000+. I thought with the Charger, R/T and SVT the MM folks would beef up the engine, power train and add more RWHP.

OK in all fairness and to cut you some slack, you did say "reading about" and "was supposed to be", not that there "is".

For every year since the end of Marauder production there have been posts/stories/ rumours about the Marauder coming out again.

Sadly it's all just rumour, wishful thinking. Ford has no plans for another Marauder, and if it did make one it would probably be on some FWD platform anyway.

fastblackmerc
09-21-2007, 02:24 PM
JWMclane03,

Answer the kitty...your age is 36? if this all you can post Grow up! And quit trying to stir #$%t up! It is alright for people to disagree in which I did with my follower post members and seemed to come to a agreement that we disagreed and let it go at that.

I'm all for agreeing that we disagree but I'd like to see pictures of your "Police Interceptor" Marauder and all the modifications you claim to have.

smithej450
09-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Hey RC

They even had pictures showing the marauder convertible. I don't understand why they would do something like that. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Thanks,

BruteForce
09-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Hey RC

They even had pictures showing the marauder convertible. I don't understand why they would do something like that. I guess you learn something new everyday.

Thanks,

The convertible was a prototype from 2001/2002. You really need to do your research HERE instead of out "there" were rumors fly about without any basis in reality.

Here's a discussion (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63) from around that time period. Remember this was back when the MM was coming out. Not 3 years after it was axed.

MarauderSM
09-22-2007, 04:06 AM
Was that Marauder ever sold. Looks Brand Spankin New. With that mileage someone should buy it.

gnxtc2
09-22-2007, 04:15 AM
I was at my buddy's dealership and we ran VIN. It was sold to a person back in 2003. There is no history on it.

The listing was pulled off E-bay due to an error made by the seller.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

SMOKE
09-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Just went back and looked over the listing/pictures again. DAMN is that thing soooper clean and nice....timing is everything if your in the market for a clean '03...

MarauderVOL
09-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I think it's at $24,990 on ebay. OK maybe not I couldn't find it on ebay and the salesman I talked to wasn't real helpful. No wonder Ford is struggling I've got 2 calls in on it and no reply.

RCSignals
09-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I think it's at $24,990 on ebay. OK maybe not I couldn't find it on ebay and the salesman I talked to wasn't real helpful. No wonder Ford is struggling I've got 2 calls in on it and no reply.

Ford isn't struggling because of one dealer not returning calls on a used car.

VAmarauder03
09-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Ford isn't struggling because of one dealer not returning calls on a used car.

didnt you get the memo? fords financial situation relys entirely on how many phone calls are returned about marauders for sale;):P

Blackened300a
09-23-2007, 07:41 AM

WOW a call back from 2 years ago!
Maybe this is his Mom's car and he'll post some pictures of it with another car along side it.
As I recall, that kid was from Texas as well.
Please settle debate, white Marauder? - MercuryMarauder.net Forums (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20374&highlight=white+marauder)

If you look at the ad, it says 2003 MERCURY MERAUDER WITH A 4.0 LITER 8 CYLINDER ENGINE

As we all know, The MERAUDER was always faster then the MARAUDER :rolleyes:

BTW, After you posted that you werent going to comment on this topic anymore, you then posted 5 more times in the same thread :nono:

offroadkarter
09-23-2007, 08:14 AM
WOW a call back from 2 years ago!
Maybe this is his Mom's car and he'll post some pictures of it with another car along side it.
As I recall, that kid was from Texas as well.
Please settle debate, white Marauder? - MercuryMarauder.net Forums (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20374&highlight=white+marauder)

If you look at the ad, it says 2003 MERCURY MERAUDER WITH A 4.0 LITER 8 CYLINDER ENGINE

As we all know, The MERAUDER was always faster then the MARAUDER :rolleyes:

BTW, After you posted that you werent going to comment on this topic anymore, you then posted 5 more times in the same thread :nono:

I remember that, i read the whole thread at 2am :)

Dark_Knight7096
09-23-2007, 08:22 AM
I called them yesterday, they want 23,900 for that MM. I might have to take a look at it.

Blackened300a
09-23-2007, 08:24 AM
I called them yesterday, they want 23,900 for that MM. I might have to take a look at it.

Hey Martin ,long time no see. I agree, you need a Marauder again.

Dark_Knight7096
09-23-2007, 09:30 AM
Yea I know I need another one, and I really want another one, my only problem is I just got my lightning into the low 13s and I'm a few mods away from mid 12s. Problem with switching back to an MM, I'm sacrificing all that speed and my modding path would have to start all over again. I wouldn't get anything for my grand prix cause it has over 100k miles on it or else I'd just get rid of both and go all MM, ugh idk what to do! :sigh: decisions, decisions.

offroadkarter
09-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Yea I know I need another one, and I really want another one, my only problem is I just got my lightning into the low 13s and I'm a few mods away from mid 12s. Problem with switching back to an MM, I'm sacrificing all that speed and my modding path would have to start all over again. I wouldn't get anything for my grand prix cause it has over 100k miles on it or else I'd just get rid of both and go all MM, ugh idk what to do! :sigh: decisions, decisions.

sell the GTP and save up for the marauder, sell a kidney maybe also.

You need more videos on streetfire, so buy the right car for them :)

Blackened300a
09-23-2007, 10:09 AM
You need more videos on streetfire, so buy the right car for them :)

I dont think he wants to see his last streetfire video featuring his GTP. :D

Dark_Knight7096
09-23-2007, 12:00 PM
I dont think he wants to see his last streetfire video featuring his GTP. :D

You mean that one where I beat you? I mean, till u stepped on the gas that is :D

I upped the boost and retuned it since last time, so I might have you till the middle of second gear this time, lol