PDA

View Full Version : New owner and member here

hidperf
09-22-2007, 02:42 PM
I just picked up an 03 Marauder with only 11k miles on it. The car is so clean, I hate to even drive it! So far, I love it. I've been a long time Ford owner so this is right up my alley. I've had everything from 35th anniversary Super Coupe to a 500hp tubbed and caged 78 Fairmont. And I even still have my first car, a 1965 Mustang coupe. None of them remained stock for long and I'm sure this one will follow.

Here's a few quick shots I took of it.

Zack
09-22-2007, 02:58 PM
That is a clean MM.

Congrats.

beauimpala
09-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Just wondering if you would share how much you paid for your low mileage marauder?????

Bozo

whoskal
09-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the site....Enjoy your new ride!!!

knine
09-22-2007, 03:59 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the purchase. Another St. Louis Mo area member? Sweet !!! Enjoy the ride :burnout:

jgc61sr2002
09-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Congrats and welcome aboard.:D

CRUZTAKER
09-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Welcome! :up:

KillJoy
09-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Hiya! And Welcome!!!!

Congrats on getting such a low milage, and clean car!!

KillJoy

SMOKE
09-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Welcome :banana2:

Nice car and great mileage to start with! Barely broken in!!

You'll find plenty of mod advice and experience around here. Use the search function on just about any phrase you are interested in and I'll bet there are at least 20 posts.

-Jonathan

MarauderTJA
09-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Sweet ride. Welcome to the site and there are plenty of people here to help you with your mods.

Paul
09-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Nice car, Congratulations and welcome to the site :)

Hotrauder
09-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Welcome. Enjoy the site. Dennis:beer:Congrats on the really clean low mileage beauty.

1stMerc
09-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Welcome aboard.

fastblackmerc
09-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Congrats on scoring a super clean MM!

Welcome to the site.

Taemian
09-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the site! You got a great ride to add to your fleet, it seems! I also have an 04 MM with 9400 miles on it and hate watching the odo go up and up! I also have a Fairmont, but not quite like yours...it's one from the CHP's Feasability study back in 1979.

You'll find lots of help at this site, don't be afraid to ask ANY question you have!

RoyLPita
09-22-2007, 06:17 PM
Congrats on getting your MM. Enjoy it and the site, too.

Aren Jay
09-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the gang.

hidperf
09-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Just wondering if you would share how much you paid for your low mileage marauder?????

Bozo

16,500. It was the dealership owners car so they gave him top dollar trade in. And, of course, I had to pay on top of that. I've been in the market for a car for a few months and this one just jumped at me so I paid what they asked.

hidperf
09-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Wow. I've been on a bunch of boards but NEVER had this kind of response from a first post.

I've been looking around allot before I even posted. I've already had most of my questions answered just browsing. Can't wait to start the upgrades.

BUCKWHEAT
09-23-2007, 10:45 AM
Welcome & congrats on the "new" MM. We have a few of us in the St.L. area & will be glad to share modding war stories.

I just picked up an 03 Marauder with only 11k miles on it.

Here's a few quick shots I took of it.

beauimpala
09-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Sounds like you got a good deal to me. 11k miles for $16,500. Thats nearly half off MSRP for only 11k miles. I would have done it in a heart beat.

hidperf
09-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Sounds like you got a good deal to me. 11k miles for $16,500. Thats nearly half off MSRP for only 11k miles. I would have done it in a heart beat.

Yeah, it wasn't a STEAL by any means, but I'm happy with what I paid and I'm happy with the car so far. Only complaint is the transmission shift calibration but I'll be changing that soon. Gotta get plates first.

freakstatus
09-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Nice pics...looks like mine, have fun!

LordVader
09-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Nice ride and great price. Just remember, the grin you now have came with the car!!

ckadiddle
09-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the board! Enjoy your new MM.

Marauderman
09-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Yeah, it wasn't a STEAL by any means, but I'm happy with what I paid and I'm happy with the car so far. Only complaint is the transmission shift calibration but I'll be changing that soon. Gotta get plates first.

Welcome aboard and congrats------and yeah.......that trans shift stuff is def the first thing to do--we all couldn't stand that either.......you will just love it---and better yet--I recommend---gears(410) , chip/pcm...lower stat and cooler plugs....a great first mod start....Tom

hidperf
09-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Welcome aboard and congrats------and yeah.......that trans shift stuff is def the first thing to do--we all couldn't stand that either.......you will just love it---and better yet--I recommend---gears(410) , chip/pcm...lower stat and cooler plugs....a great first mod start....Tom

4.10s are on the way and I'm a Diablosport re-seller but I've actually never used the Predator so I have no first hand experiance with it. It seems the board is split as to which is better between that and SCT. I'll probably end up using the Predator just because I have such easy access to it and tech help. But I like how Lido doesn't lock the T/C until 4th gear about 64mph. I don't know if I'll have that much control with the Predator.

Cougar_Marauder
09-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Hi and welcome,

I use the DiabloSport Predator and I think it works well, way better than just stock. The I have never driven a car with the SXT tune so cant say if its much different. Here is a great thread on the predator you might find useful if you go with that.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33119&highlight=predator

I am happy with it but the SXT seems to be much more poular...

BirchMarauder
09-28-2007, 05:28 PM
damnit man, that's a good price for such low mileage. I paid 19,995 for my silver birch with 29k after talking him down 3,000 and that's from a very upscale part of town. but I don't regret it one bit.

16,500. It was the dealership owners car so they gave him top dollar trade in. And, of course, I had to pay on top of that. I've been in the market for a car for a few months and this one just jumped at me so I paid what they asked.

FastMerc
09-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Hi and welcome to the collective,we are alot of fun!:lol:

Tom Doan
09-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I can corrupt you, get out your wallet, resistance is futile. Tom

knine
09-29-2007, 07:16 AM
Here, use the signature pic I used for a while, Bunny found it for me. It perfectly describes in NO words what you are about to endure.

SC Cheesehead
09-29-2007, 11:09 PM
4.10s are on the way and I'm a Diablosport re-seller but I've actually never used the Predator so I have no first hand experiance with it. It seems the board is split as to which is better between that and SCT. I'll probably end up using the Predator just because I have such easy access to it and tech help. But I like how Lido doesn't lock the T/C until 4th gear about 64mph. I don't know if I'll have that much control with the Predator.

Welcome to the site, and good luck with your mods. You'll definitely notice a difference with the gears and the tune.

SCCH

hidperf
10-06-2007, 09:07 AM
So, in the first few weeks of ownership, I've ordered K&N intake system, Eibach springs, Addco front and rears, 4.10's with install kit, custom fit car cover, higher output headlamp and fog lamp bulbs and the SCT tuner. I'm hoping it all comes in soon. I'm planning on going to a test and tune night and making some baseline runs, then installing the intake, make some runs, install the tune and make some final runs. Just to get an idea of the effectiveness of each item.

After that, the springs and sway bars go on and re-alignment. 4.10's whenever I get time.

Oh, and some 20% tint all around.

If anyones interested in going let me know. We don't have many test and tune nights left.

Taemian
10-06-2007, 11:47 AM
So, in the first few weeks of ownership, I've ordered K&N intake system, Eibach springs, Addco front and rears, 4.10's with install kit, custom fit car cover, higher output headlamp and fog lamp bulbs and the SCT tuner. I'm hoping it all comes in soon. I'm planning on going to a test and tune night and making some baseline runs, then installing the intake, make some runs, install the tune and make some final runs. Just to get an idea of the effectiveness of each item.

After that, the springs and sway bars go on and re-alignment. 4.10's whenever I get time.

Oh, and some 20% tint all around.

If anyones interested in going let me know. We don't have many test and tune nights left.

I'm only 5 weeks into MM ownership as well, but you might want to check the site here about the Eibachs, very very few positive responses, in fact most are negative. Front Naakes are really the way to go, if you talk to most folks here who have them. And I think there's a group buy about to happen!:)

hidperf
10-06-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm only 5 weeks into MM ownership as well, but you might want to check the site here about the Eibachs, very very few positive responses, in fact most are negative. Front Naakes are really the way to go, if you talk to most folks here who have them. And I think there's a group buy about to happen!:)

Naakes are WAY out of my price range. I'll never get a S/C if I spend money like that.

I've had Eibachs on everything I've ever owned in the past and have never had a bad experiance so I'm willing to give them a try. I get a wholesale price on them so they weren't much. Most of the post I've read that were negative came down to worn out shocks. With 11k, I'm hoping that won't be my problem.