PDA

View Full Version : Any pics of Autometer 2287??

Sully008
09-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Does anybody have pics of where they mounted the 2287 sending block for the trans temperature gauge? Did you mount it closer to the tranny or near the cooler? I'm having a hard time picturing where this thing goes.

TIA,:beer:

RF Overlord
09-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Sully, I don't have any pix, but Lidio mounted mine where the hard-line turns to flexible hose up front near the radiator. He cut off the transition, and used one of the hard-line connectors that comes with the manifold to attach it directly to the line and used a barb fitting to connect the flex hose to the other end. It doesn't really matter exactly where it's located, just put it in the line from the transmission TO the cooler, to get the hottest reading.

fastcar
09-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I really want one of these gauges, too. I thought I would put the sender in the 'line out' from the transmission to the cooler AS CLOSE TO THE TRANSMISSION AS POSSIBLE, preferably right where the line comes out. This would give the most accurate reading.

fastcar:burnout:

Raudermaster
09-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Alright, someone has to help me. I've had my tranny temp gauge mounted for 8 months now, and it doesn't work sine I don't think I have my custom made sending unit setup correctly. I'm at work and it's dark out, but tomorrow I will have exact details where everything goes. I can tell you thought I cut the top line to put it in (is that even the right line? I was told it was) to get the proper temperature but I don't know. Thanks.

Sully008
09-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Sully, I don't have any pix, but Lidio mounted mine where the hard-line turns to flexible hose up front near the radiator. He cut off the transition, and used one of the hard-line connectors that comes with the manifold to attach it directly to the line and used a barb fitting to connect the flex hose to the other end. It doesn't really matter exactly where it's located, just put it in the line from the transmission TO the cooler, to get the hottest reading.

Thank you for the reply RF. It gives me an idea of where to put it. I should be tackling this on the weekend. That looks like the best place to put it since it's easy to get to.

I've been babying the car since the TC install. I don't want to beat on it until I put the cooler in.

Black_Noise
09-26-2007, 09:53 AM
i have pics of the whole install on my site

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2425701/4

hope it helps

KillJoy
09-26-2007, 10:02 AM
I used the Manifold to install mine.

I will try and get a pic for you this evening.

KillJoy

Sully008
09-26-2007, 12:51 PM
i have pics of the whole install on my site

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2425701/4

hope it helps

Thanks for the pics...I noticed you just tapped into the pan with the sending unit. What are your temps like reading from that location?

I used the Manifold to install mine.

I will try and get a pic for you this evening.

KillJoy

Thank you Killjoy, it's much appreciated!:beer: