PDA

View Full Version : ScanGauge II......WOW!!!!!!!!!

Marauderjack
09-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey folks,

I have had a ScanGauge II for over a year now and it is very nice and does a bunch of things so I decided to get a new one with the "Xgauge" feature to read fuel pressure and other stuff......I plan to send the older one back for reprogram when they are ready to do the reprograms!!:beer:

Well.....today I had a little time and decided to add some Xgauge functions to it and after about 30 minutes of figuring it out I was able to add "Horse Power", "Cylinder Head Temp" and "Trans Fluid Temp" for starters!!:D WOW.....it works ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!:bows:

Cruising at 60 MPH with ambient temp of 84* it reported CHT of 204* and TFT of 198* while water temp was 200*......sounds reasonable??:confused: The HPR was at about 37 HP on the level at 60 MPH while at idle with all accessories on it reported 12-13 HP......interesting!!:cool:

Now to see some higher "HP" numbers so I launched it from a stand still at about 1/2 throttle and got 383 HP with about 3.5 PSI......later ran up to about 7.5 PSI and briefly saw 470 HP.....so it sounds about right at the flywheel??:beer: How does it know this stuff???:eek:

I had no idea this thing was so advanced and seemingly accurate....I also didn't know all of this info was even available at the OBD II port!!!:shake:

Next I plan to program torque input to the torque converter to see how that relates to HP??

I only wish it would lock in peak readings...and it may be able to but I ain't figgered it out yet!!

Thanks to Ron and Joey for a GREAT tool!!!!:bows:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Blackened300a
09-27-2007, 02:56 PM
200 degree water temp? How bout that EMP water pump? :D

Marauderjack
09-27-2007, 03:14 PM
The intercooler provides 110*-120* air in front of the radiator and water temps 10*-15* above normal are to be expected regardless of the water pump!!!:rolleyes:

The pump is doing fine though and I'd do it again since it does seem to flow better and the temps are lower until the blower comes into play!!!:beer:

Linear Logic
09-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm glad you are having fun with it. I'm still waiting to get Toyota codes for myself lol

By the way, unfortunately at this time it is not possible to have it remember the high reading for HP. The only good part about that I guess is it gives us more reasons to launch more often :banana2:

ImpalaSlayer
09-27-2007, 04:53 PM
sounds like a pretty sweet little tool .

Raudermaster
09-27-2007, 07:56 PM
I wish I had some cash to buy one.

Marauderjack
09-28-2007, 06:26 AM
Well...this AM the air was cool and I launched pretty hard while trying to keep an eye on the "HP" readout.....rolled into almost WOT and saw 527.9 HP or perhaps just 529 HP!!!....it happened so fast it was hard to tell ??:confused::bows: WOW.....this makes me wonder what it really is since even at the fastest refresh rate it probably isn't getting the actual peak since things begin to happen REAL FAST above 5000 RPM's??:confused:

BTW, my WOT 1-2 shift is set at 6200 so I didn't quite get there but did achieve 9.5 PSI....Best I have seen in cool air is 10.5+PSI!!!:beer:

This is really a NEAT little tool!!!!:D

Next up is Torque readings.....I just programmed it but have not driven it yet.:shake:

Zack
09-28-2007, 06:30 AM

Its a blower car, totally normal.

Marauderjack
09-29-2007, 09:15 AM
She made 564 HP this AM at 6200 RPM and 10 PSI in 68* air......Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo!!!!!:beer::bows::D

Shora
09-29-2007, 10:19 AM

With my Scan Gauge II, I noticed that my Marauder run's hotter with the A/C off.

With the A/C on the water temp is usually 186-188*.

However, when I turn off the A/C it climbs to 200-202*. I found this odd since I always thought that the A/C would cause the engine to run hotter since it is working harder.

Anyone else notice this?

VAmarauder03
09-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Has anyone taken their car to a dyno just to see how accurate this thing is for horsepower and torque readings?

Marauderjack
09-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Has anyone taken their car to a dyno just to see how accurate this thing is for horsepower and torque readings?

OBD II data don't lie!!!:shake:

Actually, I wonder too but if you consider drive train loss my 564 FWHP becomes about 420-440 RWHP.....pretty reasonable for the PC setup I think??:beer:

I will talk to Ron at Linear Logic and see how accurate he thinks the Ford HP data is??:confused:

HwyCruiser
09-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Jack, if I had a guess I'd say it's looking at the MAF reading and extrapolating hp. 1 cfm = (about) 1 hp.

Marauderjack
09-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Jack, if I had a guess I'd say it's looking at the MAF reading and extrapolating hp. 1 cfm = (about) 1 hp.

Is that reasonably accurate JD??:confused:

I am also reading Torque Input to the TC and it also reports other figures from the drive line.:beer:

HwyCruiser
09-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Is that reasonably accurate JD??:confused:

I am also reading Torque Input to the TC and it also reports other figures from the drive line.:beer:

The cfm vs. hp ratio was something I heard from a tuner awhile back regarding MAF choices. Do I think you're running 564 bhp? That'd be around 480 rwhp, which is what I made with the 370 pulley on the old timing adder tune on a 70F+ day - so I wouldn't say it's not in the ballpark. I'd be interested to hear how they are really determining those numbers too.

Sounds like you're having fun with it... just try to keep it between the ditches.