PDA

View Full Version : friday evening meets in charlotte

vonirkinshtine
09-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Hey I just thought I'd pass this along because some we were talking about it over at CrownVic.net. The car club at UNCC has cruise-ins every friday evening starting at 6pm. I don't know if any of you guys are around, but I'm usually hanging out. There's one other member from CVN that goes to school here that comes out too (1997 MGM). It's a bunch of guys (well....guys under the age of 30) that hang out and talk cars all night.

SC Cheesehead
09-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Where do they usually meet, and how long do they hang around? 6:00 is a little early for me to make it up from Greenville, but I'd be interested in making the drive up if some of the other guys would like to meet up.

Russ, Tom, Russell, anybody else interested in this as an alternative to a Sat. lunch meeting?

SCCH

Marauderman
09-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Yeah--I might like to try it --where is the location---

As for frdwrnch---I cannot say but one thing--he has an up coming announcement forthcoming shortly--and I am sworn to secrecy!!

vonirkinshtine
10-01-2007, 06:15 PM
ummm...UNC Charlotte, parking lot #4. We were out there last week from 6pm to around 9pm. We had alot of members out at a concert, so it was an early week for us. We have had meets that ran until 11 or so.

http://photos-658.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v45/52/51/36605658/n36605658_31110076_3149.jpg

The divided highway in front of the school is NC Highway 49 (or University City Blvd).

If you guys ever want to head out give me a call, so I can make sure I'm there when you get there. I'd hate for someone to make a drive only to have the guy they're supposed to meet not be there.

If you think you want to head up (or down) this way some friday shoot me a PM and I'll give you my phone number so you can call me.

Marauderman
10-01-2007, 06:27 PM
ummm...UNC Charlotte, parking lot #4. We were out there last week from 6pm to around 9pm. We had alot of members out at a concert, so it was an early week for us. We have had meets that ran until 11 or so.

http://photos-658.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v45/52/51/36605658/n36605658_31110076_3149.jpg

The divided highway in front of the school is NC Highway 49 (or University City Blvd).

If you guys ever want to head out give me a call, so I can make sure I'm there when you get there. I'd hate for someone to make a drive only to have the guy they're supposed to meet not be there.

If you think you want to head up (or down) this way some friday shoot me a PM and I'll give you my phone number so you can call me.

Sounds great---I'll PM you and give you mine as well---maybe soon we meet--Tom

Marauderman
10-04-2007, 03:31 PM
Looks like I may be able to meet --send me a way to reach you--maybe a cell #...gonna go get Red Line Beauty afterwards my morning stuff....Tom

Marauderman
10-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey folks--got to meet up with the"von"--aka Eric tonight--we had a nice getogether at the college campus and a few folks stopped by--of course RedLine Beauty was what all wanted to know about-----anyway--had fun tell all about teh MM and great to see young efolks again --ewspecially when they arte into cars and motors--

Eric took some pics and should post some shortly---------

Great putting face with name--thats what is one thing about this car group
and is always fun ---

BTW--I think your PI CV is and has alot of potiential --great car to have--I had three of them before I got my MM---

Tom

vonirkinshtine
10-05-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks Tom for coming out! Sorry again for the turnout.

Yeah, I put pictures up here:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38864 (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38864)

The rest of you guys don't know what you're missing :beer:

frdwrnch
10-08-2007, 06:10 PM
That area @ 6:00 pm on a friday is not an easy task even for us locals. Super heavy traffic and if you have a regular job getting off @ 5:00, logistics are difficult. Sorry I missed y'all.

vonirkinshtine
10-09-2007, 09:39 AM
yeah, it does take a while to get through that area. But we're there for a while. If you come anywhere between 6 and 8 there will be people there. After 8 the crowd starts thinning out, but there's still people around.