PDA

View Full Version : Movin' On Part 2

frdwrnch
10-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Well Guys it looks like I'll be closing up shop and getting back into the Ford Dealership career mode again. I have really enjoyed the last year working for myself and can't express enough appreciation of my customers and members of MM.net who have helped me along the way.
I recieved an excellent job offer for service manager @ Bozard Ford Linc/Merc in St. Augustine FL. and look forward to being a part of this Brand New Dealership right on I-95 @ Hwy 16 in St. Augustine. It is really hard to pull up the roots from NC after 18 yrs. but this is a great opportunity for me.
I have not had a lack of work but rather reached a plateau of productivity. I can only do so many billable hours in a day by myself and quality help is just almost impossible to find. I also thought that I would go to more national car shows(Columbus, Carlisle,Etc.), and do a little more fishing but that wasn't the case. I just worked more days and later hours.
We really have a great group with Carolina Marauders and I hope y'all continue to prosper. Like a bad penny, I'll still be around for some of the major events. Hopefully I'll be able to have some involvement with the Sunshine state Marauder owners.
Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the Wilmington Ford show as planned because We'll be going down to look for a home that weekend. The Super Heavyweight shootout is up in the air as well. I've got 6 cars, a boat and two shops full of stuff to move so logistics are quite involved.
Even so, I'll still be active on the site and will look forward to having some of the resources that were available to me with FoMoCo again. I look forward to seeing Marauderman, Agent, Doc, Russ P.,JArchie, Cheesehead, Butch their families and the rest of the gang in the future. Thanks for the great times everbody.

oldekid
10-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Best of luck to you frdwrnch. I hope this works out for you.

:beer:

fastblackmerc
10-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Good Luck Russell! I know you'll do well in Fla.

Marauderman
10-09-2007, 04:08 AM
Glad you got it out for all to read about Russell--congrats on your move upward--and hope to see ya in the future--and for those in the Sunshine State--you guys are gonna get another great guy here!!!!---

Hope there are some members there near St Augustine that will speak up..

Take care my friend----and keep in touch here........Tom

stevencory
10-15-2007, 04:54 AM
Russel,

:congrats:
This is GREAT News! I'm very happy for you.

Your resourcefulness and willingness to
help out those in need will sorely be missed. :alone:

I hope the new folks you meet and work with
be as amazed as we were at your knowledge
and experience.

This opportunity sounds great.
I'm sure you'll help put the FORD in FlORiDa.
It's beautiful there. :coolman:

Wishing you well,
Steve Cory

magindat
10-15-2007, 05:18 AM
Gives me a place to stop on the way to Reinhart's!!!

frdwrnch
10-18-2007, 05:07 AM
I hate that I'll miss the Wilmington Show this weekend but I have to shop for a place to live. I look forward to meeting new friends in FL and will certainly miss my fellow gearheads here. I'm also hoping to influence the sales Dept. at the dealership as to the benefits of a "Performance Corner" as their accessory sales seem to be lacking and life's too short to drive ordinary vehicles. Thanks for the encouraging words everyone.

ckadiddle
10-18-2007, 06:13 AM
You gotta do what you gotta do, Russell. Best of luck in your endeavors.

jgc61sr2002
10-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Russell - Good Luck and Best Wishes on your new venture.

Steve_NC
10-18-2007, 03:56 PM
Good luck Russell! Sorry I did not get to meet you, but wish you all the best of luck on the move.

fastblackmerc
10-18-2007, 04:25 PM
I hate that I'll miss the Wilmington Show this weekend but I have to shop for a place to live. I look forward to meeting new friends in FL and will certainly miss my fellow gearheads here. I'm also hoping to influence the sales Dept. at the dealership as to the benefits of a "Performance Corner" as their accessory sales seem to be lacking and life's too short to drive ordinary vehicles. Thanks for the encouraging words everyone.

We'll take lotsa pics for ya!

cyclopsram
10-18-2007, 04:41 PM
I'll stop off on my way to Miami... I always get tired after passing thru Jville. Best to you in the new career...

SC Cheesehead
10-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Russell,

What can I say. You're a great friend and a top-notch mechanic, and hey, and if it wasn't for you, I'd never gotten hooked up with my Blue after wrecking the DTR.

You'll definitely be missed, :cry: but congrats, and best wishes my friend from all of us in the Carolina Marauders.:grouphug:

SCCH

FordNut
10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Best of luck in your new position. I'll stop in and see you sometime.

Marauderjack
10-19-2007, 03:43 AM
I'll bet he won't miss the damn traffic around that "Disaster Area" called Charlotte!!!:argue::mad2: One of the main reasons I left back in 1990....A THOUSAND times worse now!!!:cool:

Good Luck in sunny FLORIDA.....Oops...."Rainy Florida" this year!!:beer:

Marauderjack:burnout: