PDA

View Full Version : any track or g-tech times?

Devin
07-10-2002, 11:34 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to shout out and say hi. I LOVE these cars. They are beautiful and I am glad the idea of a luxury car with some power is finally here.

Just wondering, has anyone got any track times or even G-tech times?

Again, love your all's cars and thanks for letting a non-Marauder owner hang out! :D

Jim
07-11-2002, 03:36 AM
Devin;

I've got a Tazzo Motorsports "Vehicle Performance Computer" (G Tech-like thing) in the glovebox of my Marauder...

Perhaps when it returns from the shop (day 4 now) with the transmission fixed, I'll be able to click off a few runs. I'll post the times, unless they're dismal!

-Jim

Logan
07-11-2002, 06:38 AM
Devin, welcome! You'll be happy to note that the operator of this site, me, is a L owner too... I've had a White 99L, which got traded in for my current Black 02L this past March... :)

Devin
07-11-2002, 07:54 PM
Logan, AWESOME! I suppose you're a member of NLOC with the rest of us aren't you? :D

And Jim, don't tell me these things have a weak tranny do they? Any other problems? And PLEASE post the times! I can't wait to hear how they compare to the old Impala SS times. (Sorry, I know you guys have heard this many times before.)

edit: thought the trannys were upshift happy instead of downshift? Just read a guy's post about his shooting sideways in the rain.

Logan
07-12-2002, 07:08 AM
Weak is a relative term.... :)

Yeah, I'm over at Nloc too.... Mostly lurking though...

WJSOLOMON
07-12-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Jim: "Perhaps when it returns from the shop (day 4 now) with the transmission fixed, I'll be able to click off a few runs. I'll post the times, unless they're dismal! -Jim"

Jim - Are you still in Sarasota, or did you drive / haul it back to your Selling Dealer in Atlanta?

WJS

Jim
07-12-2002, 01:02 PM
Made it back to Atlanta (500 miles of random shifting from the transmission!) and my selling dealer was able to repair the car. New shift lever sensor, and a new PCM, and it seems fixed.

Needs a good wash, and that's about it for now!

-Jim

WJSOLOMON
07-12-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Jim:"Made it back to Atlanta (500 miles of random shifting from the transmission!) and my selling dealer was able to repair the car. New shift lever sensor, and a new PCM, and it seems fixed.... Jim"

Jim - Since the Repairs, have you noticed that it doesn't seem to want to stay in OD at speeds in excess of 60 MPH, but drop back into 3rd rather suddenly, or has all of those kine of issues dissapeared since then?

b4z
07-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Jim,

I am curious too. If there is any one thing that would stop me from buying a car it is tranny problems. I have only owned GM products and their transmissions are paradigms of smooth shifting, and they rarely hunt or kickdown easily.

The Marauder will be my first FoMoCo vehicle so I am relying on you first adopters to give us the scoop.

RICK
07-12-2002, 07:11 PM
I HAVE HAD NO TRANNY PROBLEMS AT ALL, I ALSO DO NOT DRIVE MY RAUD AS IF IT WAS A STANDARD !

Jim
07-13-2002, 03:59 AM
At about 1500 miles, with the PCM replaced, the trans shifts normally, and effectively.

Of course, it appears that the dealership fouled up a little something whilst under the car, and now I have a trans fluid leak. It's being looked at this AM, and I'm assuming it's the pan, or perhaps they overfilled it, and it 'burped' out..

Either way, of the 8 new Ford products I've owned in the past 11 or so years, this one is the ONLY one that's made it back to the dealership for for any problems so quickly.

I think the problem should/could/would be diagnosed more easily, later in the production run, when Ford has more experience with the vehicle.

Such is life, I suppose.

I rarely downshift manually with an automatic, but then again, I've not had a console-shifted auto in a while; I used to do it pretty regularaly in my Mk VIII... But I can say, if you're not prepared for it, even a 'normal' manual downshift can seem quite abrupt. Particularly if it's not done carefully in an accelleration situation.. When decellerating, I've had the rear tires *slide* a bit in slippery conditions, as engine braking slows the drivetrain quickly..

Anyhow, still a great car, and I believe a good value as well.

-Jim

Devin
07-13-2002, 03:57 PM
Sorry for the relaitve term Logan. I meant easy to break, etc.

And Jim, you also have to remember that is a first year vehicle. From my experiences, they're always prone to bugs. I'm surprised they're as sound as they are from how first year vehicles normally act. They seem like great cars! :tu:

Jim
07-13-2002, 08:45 PM
Devin;

I know the routine on first year/limited production vehicles; I had a first generation Lightning when they came out, and a 2nd too. My first-year Taurus SHO was probably the best Ford I've owned... All those cars were sound as the pound...

As for the Marauder; my car really had one problem, hopefully solved now (once I get it back from getting the leak fixed!)

Still a great car, and an excellent effort from Ford/Mercury.

-Jim

Devin
07-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Jim,

Sorry if I came off sounding lecuritive. Sounds like you got a lot more experience with vehicles than me, I was just trying to be helpful. :)

Sounds like a really bullitt proof car, I wish ya the best. :D

Jim
07-14-2002, 05:03 AM
Devin;

No problem, of course. And your point is nore than valid. First run of the first year of a new limited production vehicle...

-Jim