PDA

View Full Version : Fading intake tube?

gmtech
10-13-2007, 10:37 AM
i bought the JLT from wes in Feb this year..i was out cleaning the MM engine today and i noticed the black painted tube is fading and white is showing thru:(...anyone else have this problem?...any chance on warranty for this?

Illss
10-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Mine stayed black an i bought mine april. That sux man :shake:

CRUZTAKER
10-14-2007, 10:02 AM
i bought the JLT from wes in Feb this year..i was out cleaning the MM engine today and i noticed the black painted tube is fading and white is showing thru:(...anyone else have this problem?...any chance on warranty for this?

This is what happens when one paints PVC water pipe.

Home Depot has oem replacements in the plumbing and paint aisles.;):P

Pat
10-14-2007, 10:42 AM
My JLT RAI Tube is still as black and glossy as the day I bought it. I clean the engine compartment once a week, use no harsh chemicals, live in triple digit heat during the summer, no warpage and the system is three years old.

Can't ask for much better than that.

Cheers,

gmtech
10-14-2007, 11:59 AM
maybe wes or jay could warranty this?

magindat
10-14-2007, 04:16 PM
They pobly WILL warranty and with the new material pipe.

BTW, the warping issue of old? I had my JLT for two years. No fadage, no warpage. After I put headers on the car, the additional heat DID encourage warpage. I discovered it when I took it of for the SC. It wasn't causing ANY problems whatsoever!

offroadkarter
10-14-2007, 05:31 PM
new material pipe....

Say wha?

Tucker
10-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Feel free to call and send me a picture of the fading.
I have had kits on cars for close to 4 years and fading is not a issue.
Have you tried to polish or wax it?
It's painted with high grade urathane paint as is your car. The pipe is black on the inside, then primed, base and cleared, so showing white tells me it needs to be polished, but give me a call and we'll figure it out.
I look forward to talking to you about it.

BTW, our pipes are not PVC and we don't use paint from Home Depot. We use a higher temp handeling ABS plastic and prime, base coat and clear all pipes.
Cruzetaker, if you have a personal problem with JLT give me a call. Maybe we can get to the bottom of all your negitive comments. Maybe you don't like the fact that I'm here and have been here for so long. Your comments don't push me away or hurt sales. I'm here for the members here and JLT customers. I support the site and the events all year.
Don't like it? Sorry. People like the product and the service, so until you can come at me with something good, feel free to stay out of my threads.

Thanks
Jay

SID210SA
10-15-2007, 06:09 AM
My JLT RAI Tube is still as black and glossy as the day I bought it. I clean the engine compartment once a week, use no harsh chemicals, live in triple digit heat during the summer, no warpage and the system is three years old.

Can't ask for much better than that.

Cheers,

Couldn't agree with you more Pat....I have only ever heard of a couple of warpage issues that were delt with promptly by Jay! I for one am very happy to have purchased the JLT and would highly reccomend it to anyone....I have never had a problem with mine.

This is what happens when one paints PVC water pipe.

Home Depot has oem replacements in the plumbing and paint aisles.;):P

I cant believe you would have such negetivity towards a product such as the JLT.....if you have ever owned one, I couldnt believe you would have any problems with Jay or his product, with his great customer service.

Thanks Jay for such a great product!!!

Raudermaster
10-16-2007, 02:50 PM
I've had mine since last August, it withstood this past cold winter, withstood our blazing summer this year, and I'm sure it will many years to come.

CRUZTAKER
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
BTW, our pipes are not PVC and we don't use paint from Home Depot.

Of course not...where would I get such an idea?;)

Your comments don't push me away or hurt sales.

Never my intention. Just emphasizing the fact..."if you build it, they will come." :thinker:

... feel free to stay out of my threads.
Thanks
Jay

I really need to check the forum location of posts before responding. You got me there. :fishslap:

fastblackmerc
10-16-2007, 03:26 PM
BTW, our pipes are not PVC and we don't use paint from Home Depot. We use a higher temp handeling ABS plastic and prime, base coat and clear all pipes.
Cruzetaker, if you have a personal problem with JLT give me a call. Maybe we can get to the bottom of all your negitive comments. Maybe you don't like the fact that I'm here and have been here for so long. Your comments don't push me away or hurt sales. I'm here for the members here and JLT customers. I support the site and the events all year.
Don't like it? Sorry. People like the product and the service, so until you can come at me with something good, feel free to stay out of my threads.

Thanks
Jay

+1 :up: :up:

gmtech
10-16-2007, 04:18 PM
ill get some pics this weekend and give you a call 1st next week jay...thanks for the reply

Tucker
10-17-2007, 04:43 AM
gmtech, we'll get you fixed up.

Tucker
10-31-2007, 08:25 AM
GMTECH,
Almost 3 weeks after your post and I still have not been contacted to address the issue.
Did you polish it?

let me know what's up

Jay

gmtech
10-31-2007, 03:55 PM
i polished it and all is good,thanks for your help

Seneca
10-31-2007, 06:25 PM
J takes care of us. I've had one for 3 yrs till my sc. he was always there when i had a question. Thanks Jay. Seneca

Tucker
11-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Good to hear.
Anytime you have a question, please call or email.

Jay