PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Black MM 29K miles, $16.5K

kartherma
10-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi all,
It is time, even though I dont want to :(

This MM was bought brand new with 18miles on it in June of 2005. It has just under 29K miles on the odometer. This is one of the last, if not the last, 2003 MM sold new. The factory warranty expires 6/2008 and has about just over 7K miles left on it.

Black with the factory spoiler installed by the dealer. Window tint is aggressively dark. The front emblem is the MM godshead that was purchased as part of the big group buy here on MM.net.

Ford Racing rear end gears 4.10's were installed at 1000 miles along with a Lidio tune (but the tune is for the factory 3.55's...so the odometer is off by .86 so it really has more like 25000 miles vice the 29 the odo shows).

Metco rear upper/lower control arms, Metco watts link, Addco rear anti-sway bar, Addco front anti-sway bar (not yet installed).

Proguard under the car bumper protector/aerodynamic thingy.

A very high percentage of the miles on this car have come by way of a SanDiego to Yuma and back commute (186miles each way) about 3 times a month.

Exhaust is modified with the "after cat delete" and flowmaster 40's installed. She is loud and not recommended for stealth driving as she does draw some attention.

The rear tires were replaced about two weeks ago or so, they are the Nitto 420S (255 vice 245) and are awesome.

My receipt of orders to Guam has led me to make the decision to sell this car. My other marauder is an 04 silver birch that has been procharged. All that remains on that install is getting it tuned since I have had troubles getting the factory tune back into the 04. That car could possibly be bought, but it has about 16K miles on it and has the procharger...it would take a good bit more to convince me to sell it.

Asking $16,500.

email: mcneilrc@cvn76.navy.mil and/or pm me here.

Thanks!
Curt

Bradley G
10-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Best of luck on the sale(s).
Be safe and stay tuned.

FordNut
10-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Sounds like a great deal. Clear across the country, but a road trip could be fun.

kartherma
10-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the votes of confidence!

It dawned on me that brian had run the OASIS report for me last year...Here is a cut and paste from that pm.

Originally Posted by kartherma
Hello,
I have had my second MM for a while but have never gotten around to trying to check the OASIS reports on it. Do you think you can run a check for me?

2MEHM75V13X630568

Thanks!
Curt
'

Curt,
Here is the OASIS report for the VIN stated above:
Build date:8/14/02
Wty start date:6/14/05
vehicle has no recalls or CA/NY/MA emmissions
OASIS shows no Ford extended or maintenance policies for this MM

Warranty repair history:
Murrey Motor Co, Inc (Wills Point, TX)
6/9/04 @ 51 miles
replaced dead battery

Bill Alexander Ford Lincoln Mercury (Yuma, AZ)
8/4/05 @ 1501 miles
replaced dried out wiper blades
12/26/05 @ 5987 miles
replaced pinion and carrier bearings (rear end whine)
1/4/06 @ 6001 miles
refinished hood (paint peeling)
refinished trunk lid (paint peeling)

Yes, the rear end bearings were replace by my dealer AFTER they installed the 4.10's. I would have thought they would refuse that since the non-factory gears but...

The paint was also re-done, big win there too!

Be good!
Curt

Dan_
10-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh man oh man I want this soo bad.

hdwrenchtx
10-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I almost bought that car new. The dealer wouldnt give me a better deal than I got on my 04 at another dealer. I always wondered what happened to that car...

had to have been one of the last 03's sold.

safado
10-14-2007, 07:23 AM
My other marauder is an 04 silver birch that has been procharged. All that remains on that install is getting it tuned since I have had troubles getting the factory tune back into the 04. That car could possibly be bought, but it has about 16K miles on it and has the procharger...it would take a good bit more to convince me to sell it.

Thanks!
Curt

What would you want for the silver one?

kartherma
10-14-2007, 07:58 AM
The silver one? Hmm. That is tough, but nothing under about 21-22K. She may have some warts, but then again, I am no prince.

bugsys03
10-14-2007, 02:10 PM
If you bought it new why would you run an oasis report?

kartherma
10-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Why run the OASIS?
To see if the warranty work I had done on the car actually showed up on the report. Curiosity I guess? I also wanted to see how they charged the carrier bearings for the rear-end. I didnt know if they tacked it onto the car warranty or were somehow doing under a warranty for the work they did when they installed the 4.10's?

I am curious about your post though. What made you write it?
If it is an honest question, I hope my above response answers it.
If it was more of a statement, why would you do that?

be good!
Curt

safado
10-14-2007, 05:42 PM
tell me more on the silver one...

kartherma
10-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Hi,
Silver is an 04 with somewhere near 17K miles.
Lightly tinted without a rear spoiler. Proguard in the box but not installed.
FIT kit #16 installed, all that remains is the tuning. It had a Lidio tune but somehow the stock tune could not be reinstalled and the predator tuner will not allow uploading the FIT tune (or any other tune for that matter) until it recognizes that the car is starting from a baseline tune (safety feature of the predator).

Light flint interior, planet audio rear speakers (upgrade from the stock speakers)

Flowmaster 40's are the only exhaust mod.

She is pretty much my baby. Nearly stock all around except for the FIT kit :burnout:

She was purchased december 26th 2004 and still (if the procharger doesnt get noticed) has warranty left until december this year.

Just like her sister, she has a few warts, but I am no prince!

be good!
Curt

offroadkarter
10-14-2007, 08:30 PM
My God, 16,500 for a car with 29k miles! Thats a steal!

bugsys03
10-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Why run the OASIS?

I am curious about your post though. What made you write it?
If it is an honest question, I hope my above response answers it.
If it was more of a statement, why would you do that?

be good!
Curt

No flame intended. Simply if you bought it new you already should know what is in the report. It just states any warranty work that has been done and any recalls that have been issued for that car. Was just wondering if it offered any additional info.

MarauderSM
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Curt what options are on the vehicle and did you sell it.

OneBADLsE
10-16-2007, 03:31 PM
ohhhh nevermind

needarauder
10-25-2007, 03:21 PM
Can you send me some pictures to maysenator@gmail.com I assume you don't need another vehicle otherwise Id offer up a trade.

Thanks

~Patrick~

Billzstangin66
10-26-2007, 05:08 PM
Can you send me some pictures to maysenator@gmail.com I assume you don't need another vehicle otherwise Id offer up a trade.

Thanks

~Patrick~

haha, same here please ;)
Billzstangin66@yahoo.com

powis0520
11-04-2007, 11:53 AM
can u send pics to orangeskittle@hotmail.com i just totalled my 05 gto and looking to get a MM looking for silver but ill take black for that price. lmk

kartherma
11-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Ok,
I finally got some pictures uploaded of the marauder. I put them on a back page of my website at:
www.hcg-diet-forums.com/marauder.html

enjoy!

bond299
11-18-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm interested