PDA

View Full Version : FS: 03 cobra Motor prime swap opportunity

phreakness
10-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Hey Guys,

I've got a friend with a 2003 Cobra "Terminator" motor for sale.

A local St. Louis guy totaled his car and he purchased it from his insurance company with intentions of parting it out and keeping the motor for himself. He's since bought another car and decided not to use this motor. I personally helped removed it with complete care and attention to detail. (hell he still has alot of my tools!! LOL) The motor ran at accident time and was able to move to the side of the road under its own power.

So here are the details:
19,000 miles on the motor. Complete from top to bottom. All front accessories. Oil pan and exhaust manifolds.

Stage IV Stiegemeier port. Snout rebuilt at 17,000 miles. I have the serial number for verification with Steigemeier.

Driver side head was replaced by Ford under warranty with a revised head at 11,000 miles. No tick! Documentation from local Ford SVT dealer is available .

2.76 upper and 4 piece red idler set

Complete engine harness and CPU harness

conservative Tune by John Lund of Lund Racing

SCT Xcal2 handheld tuner

Diablo MAFia extender with intake tube and Mass Air meter. (air filter was mostly destroyed)

This dyno was done at Stiegemeiers in St. Charles, MO and it was with the stock h-pipe and stock lower pulley so there is still more potential! After these dyno charts, the MAFia was added and conservative Jon Lund tune

Dyno 1 (http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa85/mkaatman/run1.jpg) Dyno 2 (http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa85/mkaatman/run2.jpg)

One of the rear ground wire clips got a little crushed. It still goes together but I would probably splice in a solid ground wire replacement.

Passenger side valve cover is scratched from something flying during the wreck. Photo of scratch (http://picasaweb.google.com/mkaatman/MyNewCobra/photo#5088532183663241714)

CPU harness has two damaged plugs. On one the clip has damaged plastic but will still plugin no problem, the other is the intercooler plug and it is smashed up a bit. Wires are still there but plastic might be unusable. (photo of damaged plug) This can be easily replaced with an OEM connector from Ford for a few dollars.

This auction includes:
2003 Mustang Cobra engine from oil pan to blower
The PCM
The speedo cluster Photo
The stock h-pipe with cats and o2 sensors
I have the stock pulley/idlers and air box if you want them.

Items that are not included but are available for reasonable offers
Transmission
k-member
Intercooler pump, intercooler heat exchanger, radiator and ac condenser were damaged
Suspension/wheels/tires/etc.

The motor is located in the St. Louis, Missouri area, feel free to contact me to arrange inspection.

I've tried to accurately described this motor, and I helped personally remove this motor from the car. (look at the sig and you can tell I've got experience in swaps) I am open to shipping suggestions. I would expect around $200 in crate fees and $400 to ship to most locations. *Buyer is responsible for all shipping, handling and insurance costs.

other parts are available

$8500 or Reasonable offers!! NO LOW BALLERS

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa85/mkaatman/P7120005.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa85/mkaatman/P7080006.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa85/mkaatman/P7080005.jpg
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa85/mkaatman/front.jpg

martyo
10-15-2007, 03:17 AM
If he has a black interior (and I think he does), I would buy the A pillar from him.

Let me know.

Bradley G
10-15-2007, 03:57 AM
How much for the fuzzy leg? :D

sailsmen
10-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the detail. Looks like a good package.

What does "NO LOW BALLERS" mean?

KillJoy
10-15-2007, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the detail. Looks like a good package.

What does "NO LOW BALLERS" mean?

Don't offer him $1000.

;)

KillJoy

sailsmen
10-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Would $4K be considered a "LOW BALLER"? How about $4,500 or $3,500 or $5,000?

"NO LOW BALLER" doesn't mean anything, particularly when an item is being auctioned. Most people attend auctions for the possibility of obtaining something for a "LOW BALLER" price.

Good luck with the auction.

Wherelse is it being auctioned for sale?

merc
10-15-2007, 07:42 AM
Would $4K be considered a "LOW BALLER"? How about $4,500 or $3,500 or $5,000?

"NO LOW BALLER" doesn't mean anything, particularly when an item is being auctioned. Most people attend auctions for the possibility of obtaining something for a "LOW BALLER" price.

Good luck with the auction.

Wherelse is it being auctioned for sale?

Good thing you explained the phrase. I was thinking it had something to do with a medical disorder after 50 years old.

phreakness
10-15-2007, 07:47 PM
well most people know that a good working 450hp engine are worth more than $2500 trust me I've got 3 offers for $2500, $2000, and the best offer so far.

$1700 and a used 5 y.o john deere lawn tractor.

But I agree that low baller term is wrong and a little loose,

Dragcity
10-15-2007, 08:04 PM
so, will you take $2,650 ??

martyo
10-16-2007, 05:24 AM
Some one should snatch this motor up. They aren't easy to find and they make great power.

I would be interested but I already have a spare on the stand.

Good luck with the sale.

You should also post it here: www.svtsnake.com

phreakness
10-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Some one should snatch this motor up. They aren't easy to find and they make great power.

I would be interested but I already have a spare on the stand.

Good luck with the sale.

You should also post it here: www.svtsnake.com (http://www.svtsnake.com)

Thanks for the recommendation! Finding these engines in good shape is getting hard to find and there are ALOT of stolen / fraud sales going on.

I've been over to svtsnake but its been ages.

BTW happy birthday!

martyo
10-16-2007, 11:01 AM
BTW happy birthday!

Thanks! I feel old but happy to be around!!!

I traded e-mails with Matt and hopefully we will be doing business.

I also had another part I wanted and I let him know that.

If only that was an anniversary car, I would have bought the entire interior!

phreakness
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
He's a good guy, straight up as can be. let me know if you need any help with the swap, I've got a little experience. Check the link in the sig.

RCSignals
10-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Check the link in the sig.

For some reason your sig isn't showing for me

martyo
10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
He's a good guy, straight up as can be. let me know if you need any help with the swap, I've got a little experience. Check the link in the sig.

Matt seems like a very good guy. I already bought some parts from him that I needed.

I am speaking to someone who might want the motor.

I also asked him about the interior because I may have someone for that too.

Drewstang
10-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Are the seats for sale?

martyo
10-18-2007, 04:15 AM
Are the seats for sale?

They are gone. I missed 'em by a half a day.

PhkinQk
10-18-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm thinking something crazy, like putting that in my fox body? I'm sure it would take some mating, but if you think it'll work, email me.

Thanks.

Raudermaster
10-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking something crazy, like putting that in my fox body? I'm sure it would take some mating, but if you think it'll work, email me.

Thanks.

Do it! I found this picture a while ago on another forum.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/SuperCobra4Me/LocalBuilders/OliverMitch/13k.jpg

martyo
10-19-2007, 05:00 AM
Do it! I found this picture a while ago on another forum.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/SuperCobra4Me/LocalBuilders/OliverMitch/13k.jpg

I have a spare one of these motors and I am having that motor swapped into my '93 Fox 'Vert.

Raudermaster
10-19-2007, 09:39 AM
Good going Marty. That car I posted is a guy that goes by the name of Oliver. He has the engine (obviously) along with the T-56 AND the full interior of an '03 Cobra in there. The car is pure sex.

PhkinQk
10-19-2007, 09:40 AM
Holy ***** Marty, are you using someone out there on the Island? I'm in the sticks about an hour north of the city but I'd rather use someone that did it before and knows what to charge me.

To the orfg poster: That car below used the tranny and the rear is there anything left of either?

I have a spare one of these motors and I am having that motor swapped into my '93 Fox 'Vert.

martyo
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Holy ***** Marty, are you using someone out there on the Island? I'm in the sticks about an hour north of the city but I'd rather use someone that did it before and knows what to charge me.

To the orfg poster: That car below used the tranny and the rear is there anything left of either?

I am using Prospeed/Modular Powerhouse down in Georgia -- trust me, they are worth the trip.

And, I think we are neighbors. Where do you live?

PhkinQk
10-19-2007, 09:56 AM
If I remember right, you took your MM down to GA too. Too bad, I usually like to work local, you know support your community and all. If you can send me any info on what they're charging you that may help sway me to send my LX Conv down there. I'm upstate and you're out on the Island, right?

Oh yeah That Mustang does look like pure sex, I don't think that about most cars, lol.

I am using Prospeed/Modular Powerhouse down in Georgia -- trust me, they are worth the trip.

And, I think we are neighbors. Where do you live?

martyo
10-19-2007, 10:26 AM
If I remember right, you took your MM down to GA too. Too bad, I usually like to work local, you know support your community and all. If you can send me any info on what they're charging you that may help sway me to send my LX Conv down there. I'm upstate and you're out on the Island, right?

Oh yeah That Mustang does look like pure sex, I don't think that about most cars, lol.

I am in Westchester.