PDA

View Full Version : Any NE members interested in a dyno tune?

FormulaMarauder
10-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Check last post for new info

Going to J and M Motorsports maybe sometime next week. Let me know if any of you guys are interested, we can take a few on up there. Price is pretty good too!

http://jandmmotorsports.com/dynojet_pricelist.htm

Any interest?:cool4:

OneBADLsE
10-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Are they an experienced Cobra/MM tuner? This is a very important question

**edit***
I checked his list, and he has no 4v experience listed. Lots of 2v however.

rayjay
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm looking for a new tuner. He is not that far from me. I'd be interested if he has experience with Marauders.

Blackened300a
10-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Makes me miss Sal even more :alone:

FormulaMarauder
10-15-2007, 05:11 PM
**edit***
I checked his list, and he has no 4v experience listed. Lots of 2v however.

90% of the cars they work on are Fords, mostly Mustangs being that Mustangs Unlimited is right down the road. I drove by last week and one was on the rack, and one in the shop! I think theres quite a bit of experience considering that the one time I drive by there are TWO MM's there. :cool4:

OneBADLsE
10-15-2007, 09:58 PM
90% of the cars they work on are Fords, mostly Mustangs being that Mustangs Unlimited is right down the road. I drove by last week and one was on the rack, and one in the shop! I think theres quite a bit of experience considering that the one time I drive by there are TWO MM's there. :cool4:

There are some tuners that cant even get AF mixture right. And im sure they have done many MMs

FormulaMarauder
10-16-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, I guess we'll never know unless we go and pick their brains. I just emailed him, hopefully he will hop on here and post his experience so we can get an idea.

OneBADLsE
10-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Well, I guess we'll never know unless we go and pick their brains.

This true. However, i would ask to see the 4.6 4v dyno tunes they have done. See what mods we has worked with, etc. If he gets them to you, please post up so we may view them. :beer:

FormulaMarauder
10-16-2007, 11:01 AM
I did one better, I asked him to post here and make his presence known. ;)

Raudermaster
10-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Damn! I wish my blower were on. I'd be interested if this Cobra I'm going to look at doesn't work...Paul what happened to Sal?

FormulaMarauder
10-17-2007, 11:04 AM
We'll see what happens.

SMOKE
10-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks for taking one for the team...if your still up to it, maybe
research www.jannettyracing.com (http://www.jannettyracing.com) a bit? They are in Waterbury and I
think they are Ford friendly. I'm pretty sure a year ago or so Dan
(former owner/poster here from New Britain) was working with them for
a cruise-in/dyno day...but I could be way off...

Jonathan

Blackened300a
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
...Paul what happened to Sal?

Sal packed up his shop and moved to Florida. To those members in Florida who are looking for a tune, hes the man! His A/F chart is perfectly straight and anyone who had their Marauder tuned by him have been nothing but very happy customers including myself. So much to the point that if a full exhaust is going to be added to my car, I plan to hitting a autotrain to have Sal tune it.
His tunes are worth the time and money.

NY lost its greatest Ford tuner. :bigcry: :alone:

Raudermaster
10-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Oh snap! I did not know that. Anywho, if you guys are interested, a fellow here at work had a few '04 Cobra's heavily modded, and he speaks highly of some shop in NH. I would have to research a bit more into it, but he told me this shop knows their stuff when it comes to 4v's. I planned on going to these guys for a "fine" tune after my blower is on.

OneBADLsE
10-17-2007, 08:16 PM
thank god for my 2v

Blackened300a
10-18-2007, 02:24 PM
thank god for my 2v

Not for long hopefully. :beer:

Raudermaster
10-18-2007, 06:23 PM
OK, I got the 411 on this guy. My buddy here at work told me to talk to a guy named Pete that works at this shop http://www.performance-dyno.com/New%20Site/Performance-Dyno.html in Concord, NH. I already e-mailed the guy asking if he has had experience tuning our cars and takes into consideration the weight and that they're not the same as a Mustang. So, hopefully I will hear back from them tomorrow and we'll see what's up.

FormulaMarauder
10-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Well, ,my brother Paul went up today with his MM and said they seemed pretty knowledgeable in regards to our cars, and they said they have done quite a bit of MM's. Nice. They grabbed his tuner and checked it out, said they can put more tunes on it after a dyno, so he went ahead and booked a 4.10 gear swap, test and tune along with a dyno. He just put the JLT CAI on there today too. Along with the Kooks treatment he has, hopefully he can squeek out 300hp. :beer:

SMOKE
10-25-2007, 06:55 AM
Up "where"...lost track of the shops you we're trying out...

BTW: are you Paul? Or you have a brother named Paul and he's got a Marauder too? Who am I meeting along w/ mm.owner on Saturday?!

Signed,
Confused in the AM
Jonathan

FormulaMarauder
10-25-2007, 09:09 AM
J & M is the shop my brother Mike is talking about. I'm the author of this thread, I'm the one you are meeting tomorrow. :cool:

Paul (the other white meat)