PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Predator...?

magindat
10-16-2007, 12:32 PM
What are you com port settings?

BPS
Data Bits
Parity
Stop bits
Flow Control

I can't get either of my machines to recognize the tuner. I bought the cable/pwr supply kit from Diablo.

This is in Greg's forum cuz the tuner came with his kit. I got an updated tune from Scott Beer for tranny stuff.

Pat
10-16-2007, 01:19 PM
There has been a lot of discussion concerning the Predator on this site. About a year or more past. Do a search is my advice.

Also Modular Fords web site has a lot to say about the Predator also, they have access to a diablosport tech rep.

Good luck.

Marauderjack
10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
What are you com port settings?

BPS
Data Bits
Parity
Stop bits
Flow Control

I can't get either of my machines to recognize the tuner. I bought the cable/pwr supply kit from Diablo.

This is in Greg's forum cuz the tuner came with his kit. I got an updated tune from Scott Beer for tranny stuff.

Rich,

I use a Radio Shack Serial to USB cord and it has software so Windows will recognize it......You have to go to Device Manager and identify the "Com Port" it uses and I guess the Diablo cord is the same??:confused:

Whatever port it identifies make sure you select it in the software......then make sure your baud rate on the Predator is the same as the software (either speed works) and you should be OK!!:beer:

I set mine up again for the 50th time since my computer crashed....it takes a bit of patience but once you get it set up it's a snap!!!:D

Good Luck!!

Marauderjack:burnout:

Advancedautosec
10-16-2007, 03:17 PM
what he said above! i went through a lot of trouble to get that thing to work and finally did the above.