PDA

View Full Version : Need a recomendation

offroadkarter
10-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Im looking for a flip out touch screen 7" radio, something thats 600 dollars or in that range.

Needs to be able to handle 4 speakers and a 200W sub (undecided on what to get)

Know anything that i could afford john? Crutchfeild is expensive!

stillprint
10-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Im looking for a flip out touch screen 7" radio, something thats 600 dollars or in that range.

Needs to be able to handle 4 speakers and a 200W sub (undecided on what to get)

Know anything that i could afford john? Crutchfeild is expensive!

NO head unit will run a 200W sub.

also, the flip out may interfere with the dash when flipped out. some swap their hvac controls up to the radio spot and put the flip out in its place. i don't know if any Marauder owners have done this before, only cv's and gm's...

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I have a pioneer in dash, flush mounted. Non flip-out. Avic d1, running d2 software. You can see it in some of my myspace pics, its in the dark, but gives you a nice idea.

offroadkarter
10-22-2007, 04:47 AM
NO head unit will run a 200W sub.

Not the headuint running the sub itself, i will have an amp

Ive seen flip outs mounted in both positions and have both worked fine, so how would it interfere if you could clarify :confused:

Pops
10-22-2007, 05:28 AM
I have a Valor double din that would work nice and that is 500.00 plus shipping. That way you dont have to worry about the other issues and it will look nicer in the dash. As far as amp goes I need to know what you want for a sub.

John

KillJoy
10-22-2007, 05:57 AM
As far as amp goes I need to know what you want for a sub.

I think nothing smaller than an MTX JackHammer will work for him!!!

:rofl:

KillJoy

Peace2Peep
10-22-2007, 06:04 AM
for that price there arent a whole lot of options...that Valor piece I have seen in action and it is good quality without all the hype. I personally would put the D3 in because of one simple thing......BLUETOOTH! Man! Once you live with it there is NO going back! As a car auio freakazoid I will tell you the posted price from our vendor here is very good...come up with a couple hundy more and you'll have full-upgradeable goodies that will make your future brighter!

Pops
10-22-2007, 06:13 AM
D3 is 750.00 plus the Blue tooth.

offroadkarter
10-22-2007, 01:47 PM
My phone doesnt even have bluetooth so thats not a problem

Is the valor flip out? the only thing about a flip out is the fact that it retracts making it less noticable, and in NJ, its not hard to get a radio stolen. My friend had his stolen out of his F150 at a ford dealer.

Pops
10-23-2007, 02:30 PM
I have to tell you they swipe as many flip out as do anything. Get an old radio and make a fake cover like some of the other guys have.

offroadkarter
10-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I have to tell you they swipe as many flip out as do anything. Get an old radio and make a fake cover like some of the other guys have.

That makes sense, ok ill start relooking again on what to get

Also, is there any way to remove the rear speakers w/o removing the seats? I looked today and cant figure out how. :confused:

fastblackmerc
10-24-2007, 12:15 PM
That makes sense, ok ill start relooking again on what to get

Also, is there any way to remove the rear speakers w/o removing the seats? I looked today and cant figure out how. :confused:

No, you have to take out the rear seat bottom & back, pull out the 2 -plastic rivets, unscrew the hi-mounted stop light and disconnect the wiring, remove the package shelf. You might want to take out the "C" pillar trim also.

offroadkarter
10-24-2007, 01:02 PM
No, you have to take out the rear seat bottom & back, pull out the 2 -plastic rivets, unscrew the hi-mounted stop light and disconnect the wiring, remove the package shelf. You might want to take out the "C" pillar trim also.

Well, i wont be changing any speakers any time soon :depress:

ctrlraven
10-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Don't really need to change the rear speakers, just upgrade and amp the front speakers. I used to do car a/v sales and installs. Unless you plan on having people in the back (for their enjoyment) just keep the rears stock just as fill in. That is what I plan on doing with mine once I stop putting on go-fast parts lol.

offroadkarter
10-24-2007, 01:35 PM
I'd like to change em all so that when the volume is up i dont have the 2 fronts sounding good and the rears sounding crackly like the chinese paper speakers they are

Pops
10-25-2007, 05:46 AM
Put the Pioneer Revs in. They are 106.50 a pair. Its not that hard to get the back seat out.