PDA

View Full Version : Need Stock radio

Blackened300a
10-21-2007, 06:29 AM
I use my tape deck quite often to play my MP3 player through. Last night the radio decided to say reel error and not eject my cassette adaptor. Now its jammed in the radio and I cant get it out without damaging anything.
If you happened to have one in full working condition let me know. I have paypal and as always I will send out the payment ASAP.

fastblackmerc
10-21-2007, 06:33 AM
There is usually one FS on eBay.

Blackened300a
10-21-2007, 06:46 AM
There is usually one FS on eBay.

Yeah there is one but the guy wants $130 plus shipping for it. I figured I could do a little better.

hot-rauder
10-21-2007, 06:49 AM
Yeah there is one but the guy wants $130 plus shipping for it. I figured I could do a little better.

i have asked for one too.... ill send you the names of the members who PMd me with them... ill buy your broken one if the cd still works.... i dont play with tapes:P

Blackened300a
10-21-2007, 06:54 AM
i have asked for one too.... ill send you the names of the members who PMd me with them... ill buy your broken one if the cd still works.... i dont play with tapes:P

I may have used the CD player 5 times in the almost 3 years I owned the car. If I get a replacement you have a deal.

Thanks again for the PM.

larryo340
10-21-2007, 07:27 AM
Paul,
Why don't you take the radio out and open it up and try to unjam it. It's not hard to do. I used to do that for the customers who would come in with coins in their radios thanks to their kids.

Blackened300a
10-21-2007, 07:49 AM
Paul,
Why don't you take the radio out and open it up and try to unjam it. It's not hard to do. I used to do that for the customers who would come in with coins in their radios thanks to their kids.

I was thinknig of that but this is the second time it had a reel error and wouldnt release my adaptor. I will try it out when I get the forks to remove the radio.

Dennis Reinhart
10-21-2007, 08:37 AM
I was thinknig of that but this is the second time it had a reel error and wouldnt release my adaptor. I will try it out when I get the forks to remove the radio.

I probably get it fixed here for what you are going to pay for another one.

LCSO34
10-21-2007, 09:26 AM
How bout I send you my old one for free! It does not have a face but you take yours off and put it on mine. I used my face to make a cover for my pioneer D-3. It was working fine when I pulled it out.

Ken G

larryo340
10-21-2007, 09:48 AM
You can get them cheap in most auto stores which would be your only cost. Before everyone chimes in, yes I know you can make them from hangers, but the real thing works the best and locks into place to pull the radio out.

OneBADLsE
10-22-2007, 01:10 AM
Find out if the radio will fit from the 07' town car i have.

I wont go hard on shipping costs. You need not worry

Peace2Peep
10-22-2007, 06:13 AM
I've got one if you need one...how about $75 plus shipping to you(prob $10 ship) double boxed with foam peanuts? It works an its still pretty. Money Back Guaranteed...just had to say that, you know we are all family!:D

magindat
10-22-2007, 06:19 AM

You can get them cheap in most auto stores which would be your only cost. Before everyone chimes in, yes I know you can make them from hangers, but the real thing works the best and locks into place to pull the radio out.

Hangers will lock in place as well.

Just cut 4 lengths of wire hanger about 5" long each. Use a pliers to push them in each hole 'till they stop. There will be a fair amount of resistance. Stick your finger in the cassette door and pull.

RocsMerc
10-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I got the stock radio and I live on Long Island. You could pick it up and save on shipping. I got the ford radio removal tools as well. I could switch the radios for you in less than 5 mins. The original owner of the car put a carbon fiber stick-on kit throughout my car, including the radio. It probably could be peeled off and cleaned up with some goo-be-gone but I never tried.

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/5/8/9/3/radio.JPG

Blackened300a
10-22-2007, 04:37 PM
Thank you guys for your responses :beer:

LCS034 was nice enough to send me his old one without the face. A quick change over and Ill be back in business.
If things should change I will be in contact.

Thanks again!