PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta "Breakfast Club"? Meeting

03 Merc
10-09-2002, 04:56 AM
Hey Guys,

Bet the subject title made you look didn't it.... Anyway, some of us will be getting together again this Saturday morning, October 12th, for breakfast. We are meeting at 8:00AM at the Cracker Barrel located at I-75 and Delk Road in Marietta, Georgia. We will be discussing forming a Atlanta regional club as well as just a general BS (Business Stuff) session.. Any and all are welcome to join in, even you SS lurkers...:D

If you would like further info or directions please let me know...

BISHOPSS95
10-09-2002, 05:24 AM
I don't think the Impala's will be there. The group is split in two this weekend. Half will be at the Boe Tie show in Lilburn. The other half (now get this you big car fans) will be at Lanier raceway turning hot laps. $50 to go just as fast as you can on the 5/8 mile high bank track. No pace car, no limits, just a tow truck in the infield. Last year we invited the Vets and blew all of them away (save the z06) and the fastest lap of the day went to the Z06 with the fastest Impala just .01 sec off?

Ya'll are welcome to join them at the track after breakfast.

:eek:

MAD-3R
10-09-2002, 06:04 AM
ohh

You guys in atlanta got your stuff together.

You wouldn't happen to have a chapter or know of an organization up this way in DC Metro area would you?

SSee SSpot Run
10-09-2002, 07:59 AM
hey wayne...stir up some interest in SSHS2 for us. especially with guys who have done chip and gears. we'd like to see y'all run. bishop, i remember the thread about that last year... sounds like fun. i thought i might even be down there this week, keith neal is building a t/c for me, but he's going to the world streets in orlando so it'll probably be closer to the shootout before i get down there. y'all have fun. rock on, rus

03 Merc
10-09-2002, 09:16 AM
MAD-3R,

Actually we just like big breakfasts..:D We are trying to get interest built in a Marauder group but it is a uphill battle... Not enough on the streets yet as well as no dealer support like Ford has... As far as a organization in the DC area I would look at local Ford groups or maybe the local SVTOA:

SVTOA of Roanoke
8213 Winterwood Trail
Roanoke, Virginia 24018
Phone: 540-774-9377

This is the closest chapter I could find on the SVTOA page...

MAD-3R
10-09-2002, 09:57 AM
I've linked up with a mustang club up here, but i was hoping to fing an Impala SS group to trash talk with. :D And I can dig the big breakfast thing. My 2x jacket was a little small for me.

03 Merc
10-09-2002, 10:52 AM
MAD-3R,

Go to the SSHS2 page and link off it to all the Impala groups..someone out in Chevy land should know who to call...or try SSee SSpot Run and BishopSS95 they may know as well....

BshopSS95,

After my standard breakfast at Cracker Barrel you could easily add 10.0 seconds to my time.... When they say ditch the spare tire they aren't talking about the one in the trunk:rolleyes:

BISHOPSS95
10-09-2002, 10:59 AM
Wayne I have been talking to Atlanta Lincon/Mercury public relations people about SSHS2. If it is OK I would like to mention your name as a local owner and about the club ya'll are forming.

:cool:

03 Merc
10-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Jim,

Yes by all means...you have my contact info thru SSHS or drop me a mail and I'll get it to you... Are you talking at zone or national level?

BISHOPSS95
10-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Both zone and national levels

SSee SSpot Run
10-09-2002, 12:10 PM
mad...try impalassforum.com for complete listings. i know there is a tidewater club(was at their dyno day last week). wail is washington area and smokin'ss are eastern Tn. or just find the $$ to come to SSHS, even if it's tol ook around for the day. i'm sure there will be folks from your area. where is sterling? don't have a map in front of me. but leave at 5 a.m. be there around lunch hang out for 5 or 6 hours be back by midnite for 2 tanks of gas and meals. we'd like to meet you guys. rock on, rus

MAD-3R
10-09-2002, 01:01 PM
Well, Sterling is about 25 miles west of Washington DC. I would LOVE to go down, but "The Wife" has said no. That and the Mustang Club is having IT'S dragday on the SAME DAY!! and it's a hell of alot close. Next year. We will see next year.

As for the SS Form... I feel I would be shot!!
Mad-3R: Hi guys I'm from Washington DC area and loking for people to hang with. MY car? It's a Mecury Mara....... Uh guys? Why are you holding tire irons? And why are you comming at me? :)

SSee SSpot Run
10-09-2002, 05:26 PM
actually we're a pretty respectable bunch.(i think there are a good dozen or so here already) we believe anyone who is willing to learn or has something to contribute is welcome. and also anyone wanting to go faster or improve their vehicle (especially american, v8,rwd) is in to the same stuff we are. we have mustang/cobra, sho, and even a few ricer members over there. we're real interested in the MM's. right now we feel on the street strip we've got the advantage and you guys definitely have the ammenities but that could change....only time and a few $$ will tell. rock on, rus

MAD-3R
10-10-2002, 04:18 AM
Well, as the guest at wedding in some area around here, you arn't asked if your friends of the bride or groom, your asked "Ford or Chevy?"

03 Merc
10-10-2002, 04:58 AM
MAD-3R,

It ain't that bad!!! Just try to keep the Chevy jokes to a minimum.

The commonality between the SS and Marauder owner is a lot closer then the Marauder and Mustang as far as owners demographics and attitudes I have found... We all like big, black, fast cars.. The Maruader profile posted elsewhere covers the SS guys quite well I think..

Even my son's low rider minitruck group, mostly ricers, drools over the Marauder... I went to one his shows a couple of weeks ago and was mobbed. Can you imagine how embarassing it must be, at 23 years old, when your friends say " Man, your old man has a really cool car! Check out those rims!!" I still crack up over that one..:D

MAD-3R
10-10-2002, 05:38 AM
LMAO!! I did look, but there are no "organizations up here for Impala SS. I've seen more then enough, and parked next to one at the last cruise, but nothing listed on the SSHS page :( I may ask the SS guys if there is one.

BISHOPSS95
10-11-2002, 03:45 AM
I will check into it Mad-3R

03 Merc
10-11-2002, 04:56 AM
TTT...join us for breakfast if you can.....

SSee SSpot Run
10-11-2002, 07:53 AM
mad...e-mail marc_smith@landcare.com he is on the bod for the washington area impala lovers (WAIL) he can tell you about when / where they meet etc.. hth. rock on, rus

MAD-3R
10-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Thanks