PDA

View Full Version : CHEAP 04 GMLS Ardsley NY

jaywish
10-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi,

I just went to see a car for a friend of mine. It is a 2004 GMLS, 37K, light leather, normal LS, minor bumper marks and minor scratch on door panel. I checked the part vins and every readable one matched, clear title. It was an impound, no body work evident or reported by the owner. Asking $9,500. It hasn't been advertised yet. I don't think it will last long.

If I Needed/wanted a Normal GMLS I would buy this one.

My friend didn't buy it because she can't make up her mind to go with another Marquis (my old sport over 200K now) or buy a SUV.

I never met the owner before but he seems Ok. His name is John (914) 693-3595. He owns Giampiccolo Auto Body.

Jay

GordonB
10-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Jay,
Why was the car at an impound lot?
Other than that, car sounds OK. Could get someone here to runthe VIN thru Ford's database and run it thru CARFAX as well, then buy it and convert it to something good! Start with the suspension and then go to the engine.
GordonB

jaywish
10-29-2007, 04:18 AM
Gordon,

That is a question. Whatever the reason it was impounded, and I sure don't know, it seemed a very good deal to me. I was even thinking of adding a posi diif, some snows and using it as a (very nice) winter ride, but running three Panthers would be a bit much. I probably should have gotten the vin but I didn't think of posting the car untill after I left.

Jay

OneBADLsE
10-29-2007, 06:55 AM
07's and 06's can be bought for around 12-14k respectivly.

Just a FYI

jaywish
10-29-2007, 08:32 PM
Hi,

If you turn up something like a nice 04 or 03 LS/LX really cheap, without high miles, please let me know. I checked the local classified, EBAY, and autotrader and $9,500 seemed good..

I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jay