PDA

View Full Version : Hey John, Ford Taurus Question

MM2004
11-06-2007, 05:52 PM
I just acquired a daily driver today that is a '99 Ford Taurus SE.

This damn car is in excellent shape, and could not pass on it.

The head unit has cassette and all of the buttons for a CD changer, but cannot find the changer :confused:.

The other Taurus' I looked at equipped with a changer, were all mounted in the left side of the trunk.

The owners manual states if the changer is not in the trunk it is in the right cargo area. I have looked thru and thru to no avail.

I presses the CD button, and the LED display shows "NO DJ"

Were some of these cars made with this particular head unit and no CD changer installed?

How difficult would it be to locate a CD changer that came in this car with all the hardware necessary in order to play CD's?

Thnaks,

Mike.

1of327
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
E bay is a beautiful thing, However, does it have a center console? Looked in their right? I do believe that in that year, they had them mounted underr the package tray in the trunk...sort of where our sub woofer is located.

sonnyc
11-06-2007, 06:17 PM
when you press the cd button and it displays no dj there is no changer installed.

Raudermaster
11-06-2007, 08:17 PM
What Sonny said, my Dad's old '01 Taurus said the same thing. Adding a changer is no difficult task though.

rvaldez1
11-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Yep, no changer. You can prolly find a used one, cheap. You dont even have to run wires to the front. The taurus' have the radio tuner in the trunk, drivers side behind the carpet. (Sucks to install a new head-unit though.)

Pops
11-07-2007, 06:44 AM
You can also add a aftermarket changer with an interface so the radio will control it. PM if you want me to pursue prices for you.