PDA

View Full Version : any marauder clubs in northern california?

sachez04mm
11-08-2007, 09:55 PM
i wold like to know if there is any marauder clubs in northern california or would i have to start one.been wanting to gather a couple of marouders and go to california fords shows and maybe the goodguys shows.or maybe cruise and have some fun and kill some rice-rockets.
:hotrice:

MACFORD88
11-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Marauder Clubs Or Members Up N/cali?

teamrope
11-09-2007, 12:17 AM
It would help if we knew where you are.... Nor Cal could be anywhere from Merced to Weed.

sachez04mm
11-09-2007, 03:59 PM
am located in the bay area Hayward oakland.

sachez04mm
11-09-2007, 04:01 PM
a club or members that would like to get together some time.

DeepSea117
11-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Not enough owners up here. I'm in Daly City though. What color Marauder do you drive, because I see a Black one and a DTR one all the time around the Peninsula

dohc324ci
11-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey Sanchez....im in let me know; Goodguys sound good.

sachez04mm
11-30-2007, 10:51 PM
i have a silver 2004 and about six months ago i had a black 2003.

sachez04mm
11-30-2007, 10:53 PM
ill check up on when the next show is and i let you know.there was one about 3 weeks ago.

dohc324ci
12-01-2007, 12:12 AM
Alright, let me know. What are you mods?

sachez04mm
12-01-2007, 01:12 PM
the mods i have done so far are, home made cold air intake ,exhaust cut outs and NGK plugs thats about it just got the car like six months ago.next thing is a lidio tune and 4.10 gears.

DeepSea117
12-04-2007, 02:13 AM
Sachez, you better hurry for that Lidio tune. They're moving away from mail-order tuning, from what I remember Lidio telling me. He may have some tunes with Xcal2's in stock, but call to make sure.

Black bart
03-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Hello NC Marauder riders;

Am a new member and a proud owner of a 2003 MM purchased February in of all places, Santa Cruz, Ca.

It's a black beauty with Grey interior in excellent stock condition inside and out.

I plan to perform some service, namely change oil in the engine, trans and rear end with Amsoil synthetic oils. Replace the plugs with Autolite Platinum Tip and add a external plate/fin transmission oil cooler.

I drive 80 miles RT a day over the Santa Cruz Mountains so the transmission gets a work out.

I have had 3 Lincolns (still kept my TC) and all had to have the trans/torque converter change at least twice!

Appreciate any pointers from the group.

Regards

fred

Ms. Denmark
03-28-2008, 02:08 PM
Hey Fred, welcome to the site and to the great experience of owning a Marauder. Great area, Felton. Lots of curvy roads and then there's Hiway 17! Used to live in Aptos and drove that road over to SJ all the time. Should be all kinds of fun in the Marauder! I was driving an Opal Manta @ the time. Will be out in your neck of the woods(pun intended) next month for a highschool reunion at the Coconut Grove. Enjoy that Black MM with light flint interior!

DeepSea117
04-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey Fred,

I'm up north in Daly City, welcome to the board!

Don't know what you plan on doing, but I suggest getting a custom Xcal tune first. I got one from Lidio, and haven't looked back ever since. The K&N FIPK is good to add afterwards, and definitely goes well with the tune. The CARB EO# sticker makes it even more appealing. Looking to dyno up north in Santa Rosa one time and get a look at the Blue '03 they got up there.

If you go with an aggressive tune, there's a couple of places by me that sell 100 octane or above (Redwood City and San Mateo.) I find cruising from the Peninsula over to the Sonic's in Tracy is a good cruise to shakedown a car with a new mod installed. Plus that particular Sonic's has a car hop, so you can show off the car and pretend your not showing off :)

Also, get a dead pedal. I got one from KBP, and it was the first thing I installed on the car. Also, depending on which type of 03 you have, I'd do some searching around here looking for issues with your car. I guess you should try to determine if you have a 300A or 300B first of all.

If you find a good place to get your Marauder serviced, let me know--Serramonte Ford is not really good for our cars. I was gonna check Towne Ford down south. See you on the freeway sometime!

Dean

Black bart
04-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Ho Dean:

Thanks for the welcome mat and advice.

My office is in San Jose near the airport and residence is in Felton (Scotts Valley area).

So far have been reviewing the Forums & reviews for information and some guidance.
Visited Goodies yesterday and purchased 5-20 Amsoil & WIX Filter for the oil change this weekend. Also quoted transmission oil cooler but it appears there is one already in place? So when I change the oil will check it out and go from there. Contemplating the JMOD trans tune as well.

Here is the strange part of the research and live sessions...Jeff's Custom Tuning...SCT dealer and Tuner states not much HP gain with a XCAL flash and custom tune for the money ($1K) plus SCT cost and states would not change trans settings!!!

Goodies Speed Shop does not have XCAL experience with the MM so no help there. They recommend hi perf. Mufflers and CAI followed by 4"10 gears.

So your experience and advice is welcome.

Relative to the gas...will stick with 76 91 octane as that's all I can find in Santa Cruz and San Jose area.

Maybe we can meet some time and shoot the bull.

Later

fred

Black bart
07-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Hi Ho Dean:

Boy, I must be a space kadet!!! just now discovered your e:mail response to my joining the MM club!

Want to thank you for your advice and sharing your knowledge.

So here are the MM mods to date:

K & N drop-in air filter
Amsoil 5-20 engine oil
External flat plate trans cooler
Lido X-Cal tune
Functional Oil & volt gauges
Autolite Platinum Pluges
Front MM license plate frame
Front end alignment

Ordered Steeda UD kit
Ordered 4:10 gear set

Purchased COP boots & spring set, just in case!

the MM power increase is a modest improvement but just love the trans/TC shift improvements.

Let me know what's new with you

Regards

fred

Ms. Denmark
07-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Wow Fred, you've been busy!!!!;)

Black bart
07-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Hi Ho Paula:

Nice to hear from you.

Yes, I have been performing quite a bit of MM research in an effort to increase the MM's performance level short of SC her.

So next will be the PNP spacer followed by Cobra exhaust headers.

Don't want to change the mufflers as I like the stock tone and nose level, so maybe hi perform CATS and 2.250" CAT back pipes to the stock exhaust tips.

what do you think?

Whats new with you?

Sta:burnout:y cool

regards

fred

jdenning002
07-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Any of you guys still around in the Bay area? Is there a group out here?

I am new to the area...

Black bart
07-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi JD, Am located in Santa Cruz County and my office is in San Jose.

Have not seen other MM here in about 15 mths however there is a member located in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Also do not know of any MM Club located on the coast in N Calif.

Glad there is at least 2 more MM up here.

Sure wish we had high test 93 octane as a standard fuel here!

fg :beer:

jdenning002
07-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Cool...

I agree, I don't like running 91, I just bought a case of octane booster... Im still not convinced that it make a difference, I am looking to get a new tune soon so I don't have to worry about pinging under boost....

Black bart
07-09-2009, 01:37 PM
From my limited experience...you'll have to tilt a number (Booster 104) of bottles per tank to really drive the octane up by 3% or more.

Goodies Speed shop sells 5 - 50 gallon cans of 100 plus octane race gas. Last time I looked the price was $6.00/gal.

so maybe a 30/70 mix of race gas to 91 octane gas may be more effective?

have a good one

fg

Ms. Denmark
07-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Was just out to the Central Coast and Sacramento. Would have liked to have made it up to Santa Cruz/San Jose but had no time. And I would have been in Mom's Bu-ICK.;)

Black bart
07-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Hi Ho Paula:

Nice to hear from you and trust all is well with you and yours?.

Sorry that you did not have the time to visit the San Jose/Santa Cruz area but maybe next time and we can meet to talk car stuff!

So was your visit business or pleasure? Kinda hot in the Sacramento area!

Relative to the Buick..Am driving the toWN cAR today so don't feel bad.

Marauder is running A-OK! Sure would like to install a set of Kooks full length headers but they are not CAFE certified.

Guess the next add-ons will be for suspension upgrades.

Take care :beer:

fred

jdenning002
07-10-2009, 07:41 AM
JBA makes a set of long tubes that are CARB approved...

Ms. Denmark
07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Fred! I'm sure we'll get a chance to talk cars in person one of these times. (maybe over lunch @ Shadowbrook.) LOL It was a vacation/visit to see my mom and sisters. Mom and one sis live on the same block in Sacramento. The other lives near San luis Obispo. The weather was extremely moderate when I arrived mid June. It got progressively hotter until it hit a record of 114 degrees at the end of the month!:eek: We actually spent the bulk of the time in southern Oregon and the Central Coast at the beach where it was beautiful!

Sactown
09-15-2009, 10:50 AM
The weather was extremely moderate when I arrived mid June. It got progressively hotter until it hit a record of 114 degrees at the end of the month!:eek:

It's been worse in Sacramento :bounce:

If a norcal group gets together, someone please PM me

dohc324ci
09-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Hey Sactown,

Nice to see another westcoaster. I found a car club ca-mustangs.com that is local and includes all Ford makes and models. There are very few active on these boards. I am located in Tracy. We need to get a bunch of us nor cal marauders together sometime.

Black bart
09-16-2009, 07:30 AM
i wold like to know if there is any marauder clubs in northern california or would i have to start one.been wanting to gather a couple of marouders and go to california fords shows and maybe the goodguys shows.or maybe cruise and have some fun and kill some rice-rockets.
:hotrice:

Hi Sachez:

So far my MM is the only one I've seen in the San Jose/Santa Cruz area. My son in-law spyed one in San Jose last month so maybe that's a grand total 2 here.
so we members are spread-out over a 100 mile + radius which makes it PIA to meet.:(

I usually cruz the board walk in Santa Cruze late afternoon/evening as there is a large number of rods and exotic machines doing the same! :coolman:

See ya

fred

dohc324ci
09-16-2009, 12:58 PM
Hi Sachez:

So far my MM is the only one I've seen in the San Jose/Santa Cruz area. My son in-law spyed one in San Jose last month so maybe that's a grand total 2 here.
so we members are spread-out over a 100 mile + radius which makes it PIA to meet.:(

I usually cruz the board walk in Santa Cruze late afternoon/evening as there is a large number of rods and exotic machines doing the same! :coolman:

See ya

fred

Hey Fred I spotted a MM at the SC boardwalk (a couple of women) coming out of the peer the 29th of August. We were headed to the restaurant on the corner before the peer.

We should do a Saturday at the Tracy Sonic or Pleasanton In and Out Berger for a GTG.... I am going to post in the other thread.