PDA

View Full Version : Alignment shops in ST. Louis area?

hidperf
11-12-2007, 08:50 AM
After attempting to do this myself, I'm not comfortable with the results so I'm paying someone to do it for me, which I HATE doing. Can anyone recommend a good shop for a lowered MM that won't rape me?

Jeremy
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
I recommend sears... $70..

I had to replace my passenger side outer tie rod and took it to them.. They brought to my attention that the upper ball joint had a little play and a broken boot, so I called around to get parts prices and asked them "Will I have to pay the $70 again to bring it back?" "Nope, you're covered under warranty, we'll do it for free"

BUCKWHEAT
11-12-2007, 09:59 AM
I had mine done just before leaving for SSHS7 to "carfixer"s specs at National Tire & Battery in St. Chuck off of Zumbhel (2899 Bogey Rd). Price was $70.

My car was lowered 3/4 if a coil. NTB didn't mind using specs not in their computer. Result was a good ride to Atlanta, car tracked fine. Caster after align was: R=5.45, L=5.77. Camber after align was: R=-.92, L=-.76. This was a little more than carfixer's -.30. Toe was -.14.

hidperf
11-12-2007, 01:13 PM
Jeremy: Is your car lowered at all or is it stock ride height?

Buckwheat: The caster looks good on yours but that's a prettty big difference in camber. Was that their suggestion? Also, is there a reason you went with that spec on toe?

off topic: I seen the pics of the new exhaust. Looks great. Did you notice any increase in power or trap speeds at the shootout? And how much does he charge for a system like that?