PDA

View Full Version : california marauders

Jblue21
11-13-2007, 07:21 AM
moving to orange county next week had acouple questions, does or has anyone gotten a hard time by police and such because they were too "souped up" because of omisions regulations? i also heard the gas is a lower quality? thanks
J

MACFORD88
11-13-2007, 08:56 AM
No Not That I Know Of.

SlkMerc
11-13-2007, 09:04 AM
Other than the 91 octane, I had no problems with the law, in fact they leave me alone. I had no front plate on the car and got stopped once. They just wanted to get a look at the car.

Missin my big girl every day. I have to walk passed it and it's hard to see her all smashed up.:mad2:

ParkRanger
11-13-2007, 10:44 AM
moving to orange county next week had acouple questions, does or has anyone gotten a hard time by police and such because they were too "souped up" because of omisions regulations? i also heard the gas is a lower quality? thanks
J

Will find out from Jim G pretty soon. He is S/C'd and is due for his smog test.

PR :burnout:

Jblue21
11-13-2007, 10:52 AM
thanks for the responses. one of my good friends lives in LB so you might see me rolling around. do you guys ever do meet ups?

jim geary
11-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Once in awhile we manage to get together. Whenever Park Ranger can make it. So far the most we have managed is 4. Hope that changes. As far as gas
goes 91octane is about it. There are a couple of places you can go to get
100octane. Awful expensive though.

JeffGrice
11-15-2007, 04:31 AM
Hi - a couple of questions as a f/u to what Jblue asked:

do the cars run ok on 91? his car is charged?
who is recommended as a performance shop to service these cars. Jblue is moving to newport?
also for oil changes - he'd like to supply his own product to be sure and have someone do the oil change.

Thanks!

Jeff

jim geary
11-15-2007, 03:30 PM
91 octane tunes seem to be just fine. Just have someone do the work that
knows what they are doing. Oil changes. Just find someone that you trust.
I use a shop in Monrovia for minor stuff inc. oil.
Major stuff and it's up to ventura and Gold Koast automotive.

DeepSea117
11-15-2007, 08:21 PM
NorCal Marauder up here. They have two 76's up here with 100 octane, and two mom-and-pop stations with everything up to unleaded up to 104. There's more than that down south, i'm sure :)

I've only been stopped because my vanity plates took 9 MONTHS to get in, and the DMV said to wait. Other than that, the cops tend not to bother with me.

bond299
11-17-2007, 08:06 AM
I had a S/C 04 and got it smoged. It cost extra if you know what I mean.
I want to buy another one....04 low miles, will pay cash. I'm near Riverside California.
bonadimanwater@hotmail.com
909 383-6700

kartherma
11-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi,
From san diego here, just a little south of Orange county.

the gas is pretty much 91 octane down here. I have had no problems with the police at all. I have been pulled over for excessive show of speed, but that had nothing to do with the marauder.

I have seen a trilogy here as well as a fairly famous mm.net car (older fame anyway) both supercharged cars were challenged with getting the smog certificates completed. If you want to be above board on that issue, expect a challenge. In fact, just a stock MM that was purchased outside the california cooperating states can be a real pain to register. I remember a pretty long and involved story posted here by another member. do a search and you might find it.

DeepSea117
11-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Haha that long involved process was mine. PM me if you want the short story, Jblue21

BLACKMARAUDER04
11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
I have a Reinhart tune and had to dial the timing back because the 91 Octane sucks.....

The cops seem to look at the car a lot, but I haven't been pulled over because of the Marauder. I am not s/ced.

We had a meet a couple of months back. Only 4 of a showed up.

JeffGrice
11-21-2007, 06:20 AM
jblue21 (jeff) and his brother Mike left Orlando early this morning for California in jblue's Marauder.

They will be there on Friday!

Look for a black charged rauder roaming the streets of newport, etc.

Thanks!

Jeff Sr.

B.C. Bake
11-21-2007, 08:49 PM
thanks for the responses. one of my good friends lives in LB so you might see me rolling around. do you guys ever do meet ups?

We take the MM to LB all the time and stay at the Laguna Riviera. Newport we visit too. mabe we'll cach up with you sometime........:cool4:

Jblue21
11-26-2007, 12:08 AM
ya definitly

We take the MM to LB all the time and stay at the Laguna Riviera. Newport we visit too. mabe we'll cach up with you sometime........:cool4:

JeffGrice
11-26-2007, 03:05 AM
Has anyone mix toleuene with 91 to blend higher octane? I have read about many people doing this on other cars with success.

Thanks.

Jeff

Herco23
12-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I haven't talk to anyone in the mm.net forums, but on this year we got together at the fabulous ford car show. The year of 07 i believe their was five MM. I hope the following year more MM show up.

MACFORD88
12-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Where Was The Ford Show At?

safado
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Its every year at Knott's Berry Farm.. around April...

MACFORD88
12-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Ok Thanks Ill See If I Can Go Next Year.

Billzstangin66
01-04-2008, 08:32 PM
I haven't talk to anyone in the mm.net forums, but on this year we got together at the fabulous ford car show. The year of 07 i believe their was five MM. I hope the following year more MM show up.

yes, i think there were 5 Marauders last year (though spread apart :censor:

I'm going to be on the organizing committee this year '08 and will try my best to arrange Marauders together (there was a lot of confusion last year).
Hopefully I'll have one more to add, if plans go well :banana2:

Its sunday April 20th this year- sign up early! http://www.fordcarclubs.org/

did anyone mention that close to 2,500 Fords were there last year???

Billzstangin66
01-17-2008, 12:03 PM
Alright- the easiest way to make this work is if MM owners agree to meet before the show (maybe Denny's on the corner of Ocean and Beach). maybe around 8am or so.
If you are all in line @ 9:40, you will park as you arrive.
by coming in a little later, most people will already be parked- but since you preregistered a spot is saved for you. It will be impressive if 5 or so showed up at the same time and everyone else (who is already parked) drops their jaws and thinks wtf is that?
I believe you can register after Jan. 26 at the link I posted above.

sound off if this works for you or comments, recommendations, etc... let us know!

SlkMerc
01-17-2008, 12:19 PM
I posted this a while back. I have 3 Lidio tunes: 91 oct/3.55 gear, same w/ 2 degrees timing pulled off and another with a quicker lockup for mileage. Loaded on Xcal 1.

Car was wrecked and sold in December and I have no use for it. Accepting reasonable offers.

Donnie
das90805@YAHOO.COM

ShelbyMotorspts
01-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Alright- the easiest way to make this work is if MM owners agree to meet before the show (maybe Denny's on the corner of Ocean and Beach). maybe around 8am or so.
If you are all in line @ 9:40, you will park as you arrive.
by coming in a little later, most people will already be parked- but since you preregistered a spot is saved for you. It will be impressive if 5 or so showed up at the same time and everyone else (who is already parked) drops their jaws and thinks wtf is that?
I believe you can register after Jan. 26 at the link I posted above.

sound off if this works for you or comments, recommendations, etc... let us know!

I'm in.

Steve

MACFORD88
01-22-2008, 11:58 AM
So If You Register How Do We Know If We Will Be All At The Same Spots.

Billzstangin66
01-27-2008, 06:45 PM
If you come in together- you can park next to each other. This is the easiest way it will work. any other suggestions recommendations, etc... please let us know.

69mach1
03-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi guys

Looks like I'll be at Knott's, but this go-around I'll be bringing my 69 Mach1 which is close to completion after 18 years. I will stop by and say hi to the Marauder group while I'm there. See you then.

Best regards,

Jon aka 69mach1

03calitejas
03-02-2008, 12:09 AM
new out here in cali but if a well worn 114k pretty much stock 300A wouldn't be out of place there, I'd be interested in going too...$35 isnt much for a good day out in the sunshine with a bunch of gearheads...can you bbq and such at this shindig?

03calitejas
03-02-2008, 04:15 PM
:)Yesterday was awesome catching up to Steve in Tampa (Dennis Reinharts customer with the wicked new NOVI 1200 install) and buying his JLT CAI and also initially buying his tune (stuff he didnt need after DR worked his magic).

Went out to wash the car and did laundry and stuff...didn't leave time while it was light out to wash the engine bay (which is really needing it)...so I got home and jumped on here and carjunkietv to see whats what...read some older threads (this one) and found Donnie (SLK MERC) who had a SCT with 3 91 octane Lidio tunes on it. Talked with him a bit and told him I already cut a deal on the FLA tuner but I'd follow up with Steve in the morning. Steve being the awesome Marauder person that he is told me to roll with the local calibrator and we would just do the CAI (he didn't have to- as a deal is a deal in my book)...so anyways... this morning I romp on down to Long Beach and meet up with the now Marauderless Donnie- he loads the tune and it works PERFECTLY!!! Of course I need to retrain the car with the fresh program so after a half decent burnout there I go to get on the highway and pull right in behind another black 03.

This is Miguels wicked beast with new Borlas- he sees me behind him and VRROOOOM...now I gotta keep up with him so I can find out what is making that sweeeet sound. After a few miles we pull over and talk...then head over to Herco23's custom exhaust shop...another Marauder to ogle (gorgeous silver 04 with performance mods and a trunk full of speakers)...freaking awesome day!!!! and I'm sending the $35 Fab Fords registration in now.

Bill- hook us all up and I'll bring the bbq....
:beer:

SlkMerc
03-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Yes, I am Marauder-less. I miss my girl something awful. Her DOHC was resurrected into a Pro Street Focus and the rest of the car is now on a CV.
1400 miles with the new HHR and Im loving it. Sure not the beast but cool factor is way up there. Taking a cue from this forum and all the great help, I have joined a similar one for the HHR's. We get together at least once a month and have made some really great friends.

Glad you got the tune John, it's cool that someone local is getting to enjoy it.

Donnie

Lowndex
03-02-2008, 09:44 PM
In order to register your vehicle in CA, you must pass a smog test from a State authorized tester. Forget about cheating or bribing the guy - those days are over. Then, you get the pleasure of runing piss poor 91 octane gas.

Think of it like moving to Utah and having only watered down 3.2 % beer to drink!

safado
03-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Its still possible just a bit harder...

Herco23
04-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Hey, John! I don't think you could BBQ at Fab Fords event althought they do have hot dogs and other stuff for sale at the show. I got Miguel to sign up for the show, I already have my confirmation letter. I'll be seeing you at the show.

03calitejas
04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Cool Cool Robert...No bbq is a bummer but maybe I'll bring some tejas queso dip just for grins...can you have a cooler there with beer at least?

I installed the JLT CAI and now have the front end lowered a bit. I went with the Eibach springs and saved the original springs just in case I didn't like the handling. I had it realigned per the specs on one of the posts in the forum too. Wasn't so sure about it at first but after getting on it thru the canyons by the mulholland lookout last weekend I love the tighter feel up front. No spoiler yet....still pondering that.

by the way, thank your alarm/sound system friend for the tip on cleaning the engine bay...that citrus gunk stuff is amazing.

Can we meet up at your shop and drive to Fab Fords as a group? I think it would be beechin to have all the Marauders together.

Herco23
04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
That would be great, I can't wait to see the drop you did tp ypur MM, I'm thinking of doing the same upgrade.

03calitejas
04-12-2008, 07:55 AM
OK so there's 3 marauders for sure...I will bring queso and chips...and some cold beverages :D Do you or Miguel have one of those small folding card tables you can bring???

I'm really wanting to lower the arse end of the car a bit now to level it out and I've seen the post where it seems like a simple adjustment...are you going to be at your shop next Saturday? I could drive down and play with it there maybe?

SO WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER MARAUDERS FOR FABULOUS FORDS!!!!!!

safado
04-13-2008, 12:18 AM
I'll go down there to check it out.. I'll be in the MM just not in the show..you guys will be in the show right?

03calitejas
04-13-2008, 08:17 AM
way cool safado...I look forward to meeting you and seeing your ride:burnout:

and yes, I registered for the show...this is my first time at this event...cruise down there with us if you like...I plan on leaving van nuys pretty early to go meet up with Robert and Miguel so we can all get in line together and park as a group. Roberts shop is in south/central LA and I see you are a ways down towards San Diego. PM me if you want to meet up and caravan

safado
04-13-2008, 11:33 AM
The only thing is that you guys are going to be in the show right? if so then you guys have to be there pretty early I believe to get in..

Herco23
04-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Before 10.

safado
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
oh wow i thought it was like 7-8 Am..

03calitejas
04-19-2008, 06:59 PM
the gates open at 7 and close at 10...do you want to meet up at your shop early enough for us to park together? I've never been there so I don't know how crowded it gets...I'm making queso :):bandit: