PDA

View Full Version : Idler Pulley wear?

Seneca
11-14-2007, 06:48 PM
first i would like to state, This is not my car, I'm trying to help a friend because he's having computer issues with posting pics. F.I.T. #21 Fordfrk On the board here is having Idler issues, The idler on the procharger is showing signs of wear on the side of the pulley. with out getting tofar into this has anyone else had this problem? the belts wearing normal Seems to be inline well, Here is a picture below. Chime In Jack..

Zack
11-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I only installed one FIT kit. I would guess the bearing is shot and is causing the pulley to rub the bracket.
Take it apart and fix it before it leaves him stranded.

sailsmen
11-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Is there a washer on the bolt to spread the load, if not it can pull the bearing againest the arm.

Marauderjack
11-15-2007, 03:53 AM
It is installed backwards.....turn it around...or better yet contact BilletFlow and get a really nice pulley!!!:bows:

http://www.billetflow.com/

Doug made me a steel prototype to try then he made 100++ aluminum with HARD ceramic coating....my last one went 30K miles before the coating wore through!!:beer:

See photo.....He only has black to sell.:D

Marauderjack:burnout:

MMMAN
11-15-2007, 11:03 AM
I noticed some wear on mine, come to find out whichever Technician Tim used reversed the pulley causing it to be mis-aligned. I changed it back to where it should be and added shimes and now it's perfect.

Seneca
11-15-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the info Gents! I will inform Jack i will tell him about the pulley upgrade, Sounds like the way to go, Seneca