PDA

View Full Version : Iowa MM's

my_rodder
11-15-2007, 07:52 PM
How many MM's in Iowa? Saw a SB in fort dodge, IA tonight. I know Eric's is silver, toomanyfords (now blue) what else do we have? Do you guys ever get together? I will keep watching the midwest thread. Maybe a all ford show we should get together.( I have been to the one at Lake Red Rock a few times with my mustang, good time sitting under the trees) Later Liz:)

Eric91Z
11-16-2007, 05:18 AM
How many MM's in Iowa? Saw a SB in fort dodge, IA tonight. I know Eric's is silver, toomanyfords (now blue) what else do we have? Do you guys ever get together? I will keep watching the midwest thread. Maybe a all ford show we should get together.( I have been to the one at Lake Red Rock a few times with my mustang, good time sitting under the trees) Later Liz:)

I know there is another black in Fort Dodge, a black or 2 in Marshalltown, another SB in Des Moines area that is normally DIRTY, and 2 other blacks in Des Moines area that I have seen with local plates. But few if any of them are on this website.

There was also another owner or 2 from the Waterloo/Cedar Falls area and Cedar Rapids. I never seen "Stormtroopin" on here any more. I wish there were more and I wish those around here would get on the site so we could all get together sometime. I have never seen another Marauder at Porky's in Des Moines for the last 2 summers I have been there with mine.

TooManyFords
11-16-2007, 06:22 AM
Eric, if it is nice this weekend I'll bring the car down to Porkeys. Are they still open?

In town here there is Duhtroll and JWheeler, another friend of mine that is not on the boards, a 20 something "thug wannabe" that keeps it stored, oh and a dirty DTR that an old lady is currently driving into the ground. (sigh)

New Years at my place!

:D

Eric91Z
11-16-2007, 10:32 AM
I am sure they are open to serve food, but definitely won't be much, if anything, there for cars. I would gladly meet you up there and I am sure I could get a couple others there, too if the weather holds.

Sounds like a slight chance of snow on Sunday. Guess it is time to get the winter wheels/tires on the CVPI.

Oh yeah, there is another SB around here somewhere that has tinted windows and factory spoiler like mine, but no S55 taillight treatment that I have. I have only seen it once and didn't get to see the plates to check teh county. Just know it was Iowa plates. I would guess somewhere around here, though, as I had someone actually want me to roll my window down and said they were sorry as they thought I was someone else. Guessing it was that other SB since they are close to identical - to most.

Eric91Z
05-21-2008, 05:51 AM
Just some updates on Iowa Marauders. Last fall I saw another SB that was VERY clean and had the factory spoiler and tinted windows. Also, just a week ago or so I saw a DTR one in Des Moines that I think had Iowa plates. First DTR MM I have seen in the area. And the only blue I have ever seen was on I-35 and it Minnesota plates on it.

my_rodder
06-01-2008, 07:41 PM
my husband also saw a super clean SB with tint. (also not Eric) Going through fort dodge a few months ago.

Eric91Z
06-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Just found out this weekend that the one I used to see near Waukee, IA now and then was just traded in at Toyota of Des Moines for a Camry. Guy I talked to said they were asking $17,000 for it. Never saw it up close, but it always looked pretty clean. Has a pedistal, non-factory type of spoiler on it.

Black_Noise
06-05-2008, 05:39 PM
there is 4 black MMs in marshalltown, me included, (one actually lives in conrad but works in Mtown)

Black Dynamite
06-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Had a black come in to the dealership where I work looking to trade it in. Didn't though..... Wasn't a member of the site and was really stand-offish when I tried to talk to him about MM's. Over 100k and had a Police Interceptor badge on it. I hate that badge..... Woulda been great to get another one for a daily driver or a project car.

Theres a black in Iowa City thats owned by some middle aged guy. Don't know any more about it other than it looks like it spends a lot of time on gravel roads! :mad:

Once I saw Eric in DSM before I was a member of the site.

Thats it for sightings for me though:)

Eric91Z
06-06-2008, 04:51 AM
Saw the other nice silver one in Des Moines yesterday. Tinted windows, Ford spoiler, but has these two gaudy fog lights (so it looks) behind the grill to either side of the grill emblem. Looks kind of weird from the front.

Black Dynamite
06-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Had a black come in to the dealership where I work looking to trade it in. Didn't though..... Wasn't a member of the site and was really stand-offish when I tried to talk to him about MM's. Over 100k and had a Police Interceptor badge on it. I hate that badge..... Woulda been great to get another one for a daily driver or a project car.

I noticed today that this car is now for sale at Lynch Ford/Chevy in Mt. Vernon. They want way too much for it though.

Not that anyone cares, but I wonder what they traded it in on???

Black_Noise
06-27-2008, 08:38 PM
i heard there is one for sale down on hickman blvd, maybe mitsubishi motors or something down there. Thats what a buddy told me last week.

Iowa Rick
06-27-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey, don't forget there is a Black 03 in Council Bluffs too..........

Eric91Z
06-28-2008, 06:31 AM
i heard there is one for sale down on hickman blvd, maybe mitsubishi motors or something down there. Thats what a buddy told me last week.

I wonder if it is the one that got traded in at Toyota of Des Moines - since both dealerships are owned by Charles Gabus. I might have to swing by there today and check it out.

Black_Noise
06-28-2008, 07:05 AM
better check it, and give it the .NET approval

Eric91Z
06-28-2008, 10:00 AM
better check it, and give it the .NET approval

Drove by Mitsubishi and no Marauder. I drove by Toyota of Des Moines and they still have the one there that was traded in about a month ago. It has 47,000 miles and they are asking $17,000 for it. Lots of little scratches in it, but I think most would buff out. Has a pedastal (non-factory) type spoiler with a 3rd brake light in it. Interior looks good. It is a 2003 300A car and has 235 series tires at all four corners.

It is a local car - guy from Waukee traded it in on a new Toyato Camry. I used to see this one on the road a lot. Wheels were dirty, so I could tell what kind of shape they were in.

Black_Noise
06-28-2008, 10:18 AM
you didnt take the camera?

Eric91Z
06-28-2008, 02:45 PM
you didnt take the camera?

Of course not... ;)

Looks like pretty much any other black Marauder. Back windows are tinted. Used to have all windows tinted, but they took the tint off the front driver and passenger side windows.

Black Dynamite
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
I see tonight that theres a 2003 MM for sale in the Pennysaver so I guess theres one more here in CR. Unless of course it belongs to someone on here.