PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from NYC

J D
11-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Hey everyone, a young lurking prospective MM owner looking to bone up before committing. I always admired the classics of the late 60's early 70's but probably couldn't afford one now-a-days, and also would probably be flat bedded in my area, so a MM would be the best compromise of classic muscle and modern tech.

Also trying to decided on a MM to get, at first this will be my DD, 14.2 miles a day back and forth from school plus weekends with the guys, till I can get used to the feel (been driving snub nosed vans all my life) then probably be a driveway queen. But yeah definitely a black '03, but to get a 300A or 300B is my question.

Being so similar, my decision is mostly cosmetic and over utility
300A:
In-dash clock - I dislike in-radio clocks
map pockets - 'cause some days I love to roam . . . and get totally lost
Full spare - I've blown a tire before and had to change it on the fly and the option of full tire handy is beautiful
Auto fuel door, and auto release parking brake
May be more collectible in the long run?
Someone, somewhere say they have more HP?

300B:
traction control switch - instead of having to pull the fuse on the 300A
seat warmers - good for those chilly mornings
any other improvement made with the hindsight of the first run

Also, at the moment considering going with the 300A since theres one a little ways north that has low miles and an almost as low price, also has the cd changer in the trunk :coolman:.

Or maybe I should just bide my time and wait for a MM that has a mix of the best of both. Gotta love factory mistakes. :D

Lastly, where's the button for PMing people? I'd like to ask some of our dealer connections to check a VIN or two.

RR|Suki
11-21-2007, 12:42 AM
There is no fuse to pull on the 300A, there in so TC at all

Bluerauder
11-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Hey everyone, a young lurking prospective MM owner looking to bone up before committing. I always admired the classics of the late 60's early 70's but probably couldn't afford one now-a-days, and also would probably be flat bedded in my area, so a MM would be the best compromise of classic muscle and modern tech.

Also trying to decided on a MM to get, at first this will be my DD, 14.2 miles a day back and forth from school plus weekends with the guys, till I can get used to the feel (been driving snub nosed vans all my life) then probably be a driveway queen. But yeah definitely a black '03, but to get a 300A or 300B is my question.

Being so similar, my decision is mostly cosmetic and over utility
300A:
In-dash clock - I dislike in-radio clocks
map pockets - 'cause some days I love to roam . . . and get totally lost
Full spare - I've blown a tire before and had to change it on the fly and the option of full tire handy is beautiful
Auto fuel door, and auto release parking brake
May be more collectible in the long run?
Someone, somewhere say they have more HP?

300B:
traction control switch - instead of having to pull the fuse on the 300A
seat warmers - good for those chilly mornings
any other improvement made with the hindsight of the first run

Also, at the moment considering going with the 300A since theres one a little ways north that has low miles and an almost as low price, also has the cd changer in the trunk :coolman:.

Or maybe I should just bide my time and wait for a MM that has a mix of the best of both. Gotta love factory mistakes. :D

Lastly, where's the button for PMing people? I'd like to ask some of our dealer connections to check a VIN or two.

Welcome :welcome1: to the MM.Net.

300A or 300B --- either one will make you happy. No horsepower difference. Transmission was changed for the 2004 MM (and they are all 300As with the same features as the 2003 300Bs :D)

Allow about 5 full minutes to get use to the "feel" of the Marauder. I transition between E-150 vans, Ford SUVs, Mustangs, and Cougars all the time and the Marauder feels the most natural and most comfortable and of course, the most cool. :D

You can access PM in the area in the top right corner of the screen where it says "Private Messages".

J D
11-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the warmth guys, and a question for the veterans with 300B. Have anyone ever needed the TC? Is it more of a hindrance than a help? I know of some times when it's absolutely save my bacon in my newest van. Perhaps I should ask in a more appropriate section?:help:

OneBADLsE
11-21-2007, 11:36 AM
Welcome to the NE brotha!

Just get one before all the nice ones are gone :D

....No really im serious.....

Bluerauder
11-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the warmth guys, and a question for the veterans with 300B. Have anyone ever needed the TC? Is it more of a hindrance than a help? I know of some times when it's absolutely save my bacon in my newest van. Perhaps I should ask in a more appropriate section?:help:

On needing the TC, here is an incident that I had back in October 2006. Maybe I could have saved it without TC .... maybe not.

Link >>>>> http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30743&highlight=rear+end+jumped

Blackened300a
11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Welcome to another New Yorker! Im very happy with my 300a and nobody will admit this, but the black 300a's are the fastest Marauders ;)

jgc61sr2002
11-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Welcome aboard.:D:welcome1:

knine
11-21-2007, 07:55 PM
:welcome: aboard

J D
11-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks guys, and good to hear from the NY guys, hopefully I'll see ya on the road. I normally drive the Bronx/Queens areas.

And wow Blue, that's happened to me a good number of times on these oil/greased up NYC streets, ask any NEers, but wow, that puts it all in perspective

OneBADLsE
11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Blue,

The TC has saved me countless times on the highway at DANGEROUS SPEEDS. Numerous times, a WOT punch on a moist ground at 65 mph broke the tires loose, and TC saved me from hitting a wall.

03SILVERSTREAK
11-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Welcome Aboard ...:welcome1::welcome::high5:: party:

TheMoor
11-27-2007, 07:33 PM
off union trnpke in bayside queens ny. black 2003. :banana2:

Blackened300a
11-28-2007, 03:06 AM
off union trnpke in bayside queens ny. black 2003. :banana2:

What day?? Chances are you saw me. Thats where I live.

ckadiddle
11-28-2007, 07:34 AM
Send PMs with VIN numbers to member name RoyLPita. That's Brian, he will run OASIS report for you (at his convenience) and let you know build date, in-service date, and any other stuff of interest that has been done to the car at any F/L/M dealer. And, he's a really nice guy, too. :) There is usually somebody with an active Carfax account at any given time around here.

281cammer
11-30-2007, 05:20 AM
Welcome to MM.net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Newb here too