PDA

View Full Version : Zack Made Me Do It.......

Marauderjack
11-25-2007, 12:40 PM
After Zack's relocation of his ScanGauge to the dash trim panel looked so good and I had thought about doing it a couple years ago but never got around to it.....I decided to do it today!!!:beer:

Thanks for being the "Pioneer" Zack.....It worked perfectly, fitting inside the cutout behind the dash trim panel!!!:D

Marauderjack:burnout:

MM03MOK
11-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Nice job!!!!

Glenn
11-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Nice install. I really like Zack's post on the Scan Gauge II. I am going to order one myself, but I've decided to place it to the left of the steering column for easy visibility. I can't focus on the gauge quick enough with Zack's and your location due to my old eyes.

Glenn

Marauderjack
11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Nice install. I really like Zack's post on the Scan Gauge II. I am going to order one myself, but I've decided to place it to the left of the steering column for easy visibility. I can't focus on the gauge quick enough with Zack's and your location due to my old eyes.

Glenn

Hey Glenn,

I'm your age and seem to be able to see it just fine....if I put my beer down and close one eye a little!!!:eek:

I had it vel-cro'd to the top of the steering column and it was much easier to see but I like it below the radio much better!!:beer:

Marauderjack
11-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Nice job!!!!

Thanks Mary!!!:D

ImpalaSlayer
11-25-2007, 02:53 PM
me need one

ts-pa
11-25-2007, 03:26 PM
Nice install, looks good there!

Zack
11-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Damn, looks better than my install.
Good job!

Marauderjack
11-25-2007, 05:18 PM
Damn, looks better than my install.
Good job!

Thank you oh "Pathfinder"!!!:bows:

snowbird
11-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Below, "62 F" You should be ashamed to post that for us from the north ..:)

Marauderjack
11-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Uh......Sorry......I didn't even notice!!!!:shake:

Zack
11-25-2007, 05:34 PM
What value is TFT?

RR|Suki
11-25-2007, 05:51 PM
What value is TFT?

I think it's trans fluid temp, the new/updated ones can do alot more stuff... gonna be sending mine in to be updated at some point here

Raudermaster
11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow looks really good and clean. Good job.

Marauderjack
11-26-2007, 04:24 AM
What value is TFT?

The new X-Gauge shows me:

TFT...Trans Fluid Temp

CHT...Cylinder Head Temp

HP...Horse Power

TQ...Torque

FL...Fuel Level

FPD...Fuel Pump Duty Cycle

FP...Still working on code for this??

The new ScanGauge II is really neat with all the additional readings it is capable of........There are dozens of possibilities!!:beer:

Maybe Joey will pop in and tell us when other parameters will be made available......like FUEL PRESSURE....Hint....Hint!!!??? :D

Drewstang
11-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Did you need to cut anything besides the outside trim to make that fit?

RR|Suki
11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
The new X-Gauge shows me:

TFT...Trans Fluid Temp

CHT...Cylinder Head Temp

HP...Horse Power

TQ...Torque

FL...Fuel Level

FPD...Fuel Pump Duty Cycle

FP...Still working on code for this??

The new ScanGauge II is really neat with all the additional readings it is capable of........There are dozens of possibilities!!:beer:

Maybe Joey will pop in and tell us when other parameters will be made available......like FUEL PRESSURE....Hint....Hint!!!??? :D

You should already have fuel pressure, I already have it and I don't have the updated one

fastblackmerc
11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
You shouldn't since there is a large void behind the panel for the '03's clock.

Marauderjack
11-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Did you need to cut anything besides the outside trim to make that fit?

Behind the aluminum is fairly thick plastic that I carefully cut with my Dremel tool and a cutoff wheel!!:cool4: I originally cut the rectangular hole with the cutoff wheel about 1/8" smaller than the ScanGauge....slowly filing on it I made the hole fairly "square" and a press fit so I may remove the gauge without removing the panel!!:beer:

There is a void in the dash right behind the panel that the gauge fits in to without any cutting. I ground the clip pegs down on either side of the hole so the gauge would fit deeper into the panel....not necessary but looks a little better not sticking out so far!!:rolleyes:

Drewstang
11-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Any chance on going back to stock?

DOOM
11-26-2007, 12:43 PM
looks like a factory piece. very nice install.

Marauderjack
11-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Any chance on going back to stock?

$80.00 for a new trim panel if that's what you mean by "back to stock"??:confused: