PDA

View Full Version : New MM owner from MASS.

Davesvt2000
11-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi all, name is Dave. Just picked up a black 03 MM with 6300 original one owner miles. The car was owned by an older couple at their summer house down on Cape Cod.

I've already had the windows tinted 20%, K & N air filter, next up exhaust and maybe some black Bullitt wheels. Car is already put away for the winter, will not register or drive it till next spring.

I'm a member of the NH Mustang Club, SVTOA, MCA, and attend lots of car shows, cruise nights, and a few open track events each year at tracks such as Lime Rock, Watkins Glen, Summit Point, Gingerman, etc. (Wonder how the MM would hold up against the Cobras on the track ? :coolman:)

Paul
11-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Welcome to the club!!

:beer:

RF Overlord
11-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Dave, welcome to the site...always good to see more members from MA...

Was that couple from Yarmouth?

Davesvt2000
11-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Dave, welcome to the site...always good to see more members from MA...

Was that couple from Yarmouth?

Yes, picked it up two weeks ago from Cape Cod Lincoln Mercury

RF Overlord
11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I know that car! I met that couple a year or so ago and told them about this site, but they never joined AFAIK. I was surprised that they actually knew exactly what the car was, and that it wasn't just a "fancy Grand Marquis".

stryker
11-27-2007, 07:32 PM
:welcome: DAVE to MM.NET and:congrats: on the adoption of that 2003 Maruder Black Panther I suggest you leave the stock rims but it's your Panther if you want to do some or many mods this is the right place to find info and tech source our vast experts here will tech you and help you put that Panther :burnout:more than stock look for the performance parts no problem here are the most greatest vendors from Reinheart to Lidio to WesChain at INNOVATIVE INTERCEPTORS so take your time to browse trough the forums and if you have any :confused: in mind don't hessitate to post it they're gladly will hel p you PLUS you will meet Cool and good friends nationwide so again :beer: A TOAST FOR YOU DAVE MANG.

STRYKER. :wreath:

hot-rauder
11-27-2007, 09:01 PM
:welcome: DAVE to MM.NET and:congrats: on the adoption of that 2003 Maruder Black Panther I suggest you leave the stock rims but it's your Panther if you want to do some or many mods this is the right place to find info and tech source our vast experts here will tech you and help you put that Panther :burnout:more than stock look for the performance parts no problem here are the most greatest vendors from Reinheart to Lidio to WesChain at INNOVATIVE INTERCEPTORS so take your time to browse trough the forums and if you have any :confused: in mind don't hessitate to post it they're gladly will hel p you PLUS you will meet Cool and good friends nationwide so again :beer: A TOAST FOR YOU DAVE MANG.

STRYKER. :wreath:

SOUNDS LIKE ONE OF THOSE BAD POP UP ADDS... I THOUGHT I HAD POP UP BLOCKER ON!!! :lol:

Welcome to the New England MM club! glad to have ya. Great group of people here in Mass.

knine
11-27-2007, 10:14 PM
:welcome: aboard. You have been assimilated.

ckadiddle
11-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Welcome! :) Glad to have you.

Bluerauder
11-28-2007, 08:14 AM
(Wonder how the MM would hold up against the Cobras on the track ? :coolman:)
Welcome Dave :welcome1: to the MM.Net and enjoy the site.

One of our members ran some road course events last summer with the Porsche and the BMW crew (2 different events). He put up some pretty respectable numbers that had the fancy boys all rather surprised that a 4,000 pound, 4 door sedan could compete that well.

There is also a pic in here somewhere that dates back to 2003 or 2004 of one of our former members passing a 427 Cobra "on the inside of a turn" at Michigan International Speedway at about 155+ MPH.

FormulaMarauder
11-28-2007, 09:18 AM
maybe some black Bullitt wheels.

wHOA, WHOA, WHOA. STOP RIGHT THERE. Leave the rims alone dude.

magindat
11-28-2007, 09:57 AM
I did an SVTOA event at Gainesville last year. Cobras were running the course in 54 seconds or so. Fastest MM time I saw was 57 and was stock. Instructors in set up Cobras with slicks, brake ducting, lowering etc, were running 48's. Instructor driven GTH was doing low 50's.

Track is short and favored short WB cars. Marauder had to be 'powered' around tight corners. All in all, not bad, I'd say.

hot-rauder
11-28-2007, 02:22 PM
wHOA, WHOA, WHOA. STOP RIGHT THERE. Leave the rims alone dude.

+1 but hey its his car.... too bad to, i would love that mileage on my MM! lol

Davesvt2000
11-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Oh come on, black with tinted windows and black wheels aint that bad, is it ? LOL

Still debating this mod, probably won't do anything till spring, if at all.

bob6364
11-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Welcome :beer:

281cammer
11-30-2007, 05:23 AM
Welcome to MM.net!!!!!!!!!!!! Newb here too

jgc61sr2002
11-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Dave - Welcome aboard.:D