PDA

View Full Version : Fyi.....

Marauderjack
12-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Advance Auto Parts has Mercon V (Their Brand) for $3.38 a quart!!!:eek:

That's better than Castrol's price when Wally-World used to carry it!!:D It smells, feels and tastes the same??:rolleyes:

I did a pan drop last Friday to look at the magnet and install a new filter.....used 4.5 quarts and it seems to work just fine!!:bows:

BTW....minimal dust on the magnet...old filter looked like new after 25K miles.......TOTAL miles on transmission...156,650......72 ,650 with the blower!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

Whenever it dies I will have a BC tranny ASAP!!;)

Marauderjack:burnout:

jdando
12-03-2007, 08:59 AM
......72,650 with the blower!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:

That is a lot of SC fun!

jeremy

Marauderman
12-03-2007, 09:39 AM
So........was wondering.........is Mercon V the same regardless whose label you use----for example-------same Mercon V but say 2 qts of say Ammoco's and the rest say from Advance .....would you use all in a single drain -refil?--or use all from the same vendor?....any thoughts.?

magindat
12-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Shouldn't matter. Mercon V is a specification. I'm in the middle of diluting from all Castrol to Redine.

Marauderman
12-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks Rich---I'm kinda in this situation --having two diff suppliers on my garage shelf--don't know how that happen either....--same Mercon V ---

Marauderjack
12-03-2007, 10:06 AM
So........was wondering.........is Mercon V the same regardless whose label you use----for example-------same Mercon V but say 2 qts of say Ammoco's and the rest say from Advance .....would you use all in a single drain -refil?--or use all from the same vendor?....any thoughts.?

It should meet ALL Ford specs if it is labeled Mercon V and blending from different suppliers shouldn't matter??:confused:

Heck, they all might come from the same company tank for all we know!!:beer:

I'd be willing to bet none of it comes from CHINA!!!!:shake::cool:

Marauderjack
12-03-2007, 10:09 AM
That is a lot of SC fun!

jeremy

Yeppers Jeremy......

It has been an absolute BLAST!!!:beer::banana:

I keep waiting for something to pop but she runs as good or even better today than she did 2 years ago!!!:bows::bows::D

ctrlraven
12-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I did use Advance's Mercon V until I saw the Castrol was on sale and bought a 12qt case of it.

RF Overlord
12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
^^^what magindat said^^^

Mercon V is a spec, so any ATF that meets MV spec is compatible with any other. Mixing different brands is not a problem.

'jack, that price from AAP is a really good one...thanks for the tip!

Stranger in the Black Sedan
12-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Sweet, its trans fluid changin' time for me anyway.

Marauderjack
12-06-2007, 03:38 PM
^^^what magindat said^^^

Mercon V is a spec, so any ATF that meets MV spec is compatible with any other. Mixing different brands is not a problem.

'jack, that price from AAP is a really good one...thanks for the tip!

A belated....."You're Welcome"!!!:beer:

Shora
12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
I guess that it's not any better but I get the Motor Craft Mercon V ATF for around $3.40 per quart.

RF Overlord
12-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Shora, where do you get that price? Last case I bought from the dealer was $4.19/qt. No one else around me carries Motorcraft.

Shora
12-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Shora, where do you get that price? Last case I bought from the dealer was $4.19/qt. No one else around me carries Motorcraft.

It's from a Ford Dealer here in South, FL.
I buy 2-3 cases at a time.