PDA

View Full Version : best way to clean wind shield?

ImpalaSlayer
12-09-2007, 05:14 PM
what the best way to clean the inside of the windshield? i can never get it "spotless" and a dirty windshield bothers me alot. also what products do you use? thanks

ROB502
12-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Newspaper works good with a spray of windex.

Aren Jay
12-09-2007, 05:29 PM
Windex dampened wash cloth. The soft kind you use in your bathroom.

Or an old sock.

ImpalaSlayer
12-09-2007, 05:31 PM
hmmm ive used windex b4 with no real luck. looks good in the day but at night i can see the swirl marks when headlights shine on it if you know what i mean.

Zack
12-09-2007, 05:35 PM
I have always used Bon Ami (like comet but less abrasive) on really dirty windshields.
Make sure its good and wet and dont rub too hard.

drwhy
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Alternating treatments of Windex, Zaino glass polish, and denatured alcohol. Use cloth, not paper towels. You may have to go over it more than once.

Tom

407MARAUDER
12-09-2007, 08:43 PM
the secret is to use to glass rags also called hospital towels. Use a glass cleaner(preferably a liquid) i stay away from canned glass cleaners. A marauder window should take about 5 sprays. dont clean the entire windshield at once ie. drivers 1st. passengers 2nd One should be slightly damp for wiping in the glass cleaner along with a dryer towel for wiping off excess. fold the towel in half 3 times until it is about a size larger than your hand. Ive washed over 5,000 cars and it makes the glass invisible

jonroe
12-10-2007, 05:08 AM
I have been using a product called "Invisible Glass" by Stoner. It really works with NO streaks as long as you use clean dry towels to finish the job. I use one of the wax applicator pads to rub it on and loosen the grime then use a clean terrycloth towel to dry. Works every time.

RF Overlord
12-10-2007, 05:26 AM
^^^what jonroe said^^^

Plus I love the company's name...

magindat
12-10-2007, 05:44 AM
Cloth baby diapers = no lint.

ckadiddle
12-10-2007, 07:42 AM
what the best way to clean the inside of the windshield? i can never get it "spotless" and a dirty windshield bothers me alot. also what products do you use? thanks
Do you smoke in your car? If so, you may be having trouble with cig smoke residue. It won't go away with just one cleaning. Some of these suggestions above should help.

jdando
12-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Stoners glass cleaner and a micro fiber towel.

jeremy

SID210SA
12-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Newspaper is good +1

ImpalaSlayer
12-10-2007, 11:28 AM
nope no smoking of any kind except the tires :D thanks guys ill have to give some of these a try. the mm is looking a bit rank

Raudermaster
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
All you guys use these fancy named things to clean a windsheild? I use regular window cleaner (Windex etc.) and a cloth towel and I have 0 streaks. The inside, I have special stuff that my Dad gets through work since I have tint and can't use anything with Amonia, just like anyone else with tint. Occasionally I toss some Zaino Glass polish on the outsides to give it the extra shine.

racorcey
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
I have been using a product called "Invisible Glass" by Stoner. It really works with NO streaks as long as you use clean dry towels to finish the job. I use one of the wax applicator pads to rub it on and loosen the grime then use a clean terrycloth towel to dry. Works every time.

I agree - good stuff, but half the secret is in the wiping applicator. New - as opposed to used :o - baby diapers, washed at least 3 times before using, perform almost flawlessly.

The other spray, and I know you guys aren't going to want to hear this, is from GM. It's a glass spray, just like Invisible Glass, and it works just as well if not better. Who knows, maybe Invisible Glass is privately labled under the GM brand name.

captain
12-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I would suggest closing the deal with "RAIN-X" I really am impressed with that product. I have also learned to run the car through the cheap car wash cycle. The better ones put down and awful coat of gooey thick wax that offends even the wipers.

Larry Staunton
12-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Don't use a cloth that has been washed with a chlorine bleach and/or a fabric softener. Each of them contain ingredients that cause streaking.