PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Owners please stand up

safado
12-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Sup Fellas,
Just wondering who here in So cal has a MM? just chime in.. year/color/where etc... mods of course would be good...

I just bought mine...04 Silver.. And can't wait to start tearing into it...lol

I'm out in Murrieta..

MACFORD88
12-09-2007, 07:40 PM
I Have One 03/blk And In Banning Ca 5 Mins From Morongo.no Mods Yet Sorry.

Jblue21
12-09-2007, 08:06 PM
04 black MM 20,000 miles orig owner, driven accross the country in two different directions. newportt beach ca holla mods in my signature

safado
12-09-2007, 08:16 PM
Good to hear there are "more out there" lol...

Jblue that Vortech is from FiT?

Herco23
12-09-2007, 08:41 PM
I stay in Lynwood Cali, mine is a Silver MM 2004 with 28000miles.

Jblue21
12-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Good to hear there are "more out there" lol...

Jblue that Vortech is from FiT?

isnt FIT procharger?

safado
12-09-2007, 08:55 PM
I stay in Lynwood Cali, mine is a Silver MM 2004 with 28000miles.

Hey Herco... Small world I used to live out in Bell for many years...any mods to you MM?

isnt FIT procharger?
I don't know is it? Where did you get yours from?

Jblue21
12-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey Herco... Small world I used to live out in Bell for many years...any mods to you MM?

I don't know is it? Where did you get yours from?

Vortech is the company but dennis reinhart installed it.

safado
12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
But the "kit" from vortech is just the head unit right? Dennis has his own brackets?

Jblue21
12-09-2007, 09:00 PM
But the "kit" from vortech is just the head unit right? Dennis has his own brackets?
itd be better to get all the info from him

Jblue21
12-09-2007, 10:14 PM
how far away are you?

Sup Fellas,
Just wondering who here in So cal has a MM? just chime in.. year/color/where etc... mods of course would be good...

I'm out in Murrieta..

safado
12-09-2007, 10:21 PM
From Newport.. about hour and a half away... Murrieta is next to temecula...Although I work out in Costa Mesa... We even get Newport PD car there for service...

Jblue21
12-10-2007, 12:55 AM
you work far away, i stroll out in costa sometimes

From Newport.. about hour and a half away... Murrieta is next to temecula...Although I work out in Costa Mesa... We even get Newport PD car there for service...

SlkMerc
12-10-2007, 06:28 AM
03 300a, JLT, Stainless muffs, delete tips, HID's Lidio tune. Was retired by a motherfacking illegal donkey fornicator 11/4/07. No immediate plans to replace it. Perhaps one day

ParkRanger
12-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Sup Fellas,

I'm out in Murrieta..

2003 300b in Long Beach
Pioneer sound system
Pioneer Nav Hard drive
rear view camera
4.10 gear - SCT tuned
Stall 3000 torque converter
Matrix drive shaft
underdrive pulleys
sway bar
denso plugs & 180 stat

PR :burnout:

BLACKMARAUDER04
12-11-2007, 02:27 PM
04 Black 68,000 Miles. I am in the San Fernando Valley.
Z&M Control Arms
KYB shocks and struts
Reinhardt 91 Octane Tune

safado
12-11-2007, 04:49 PM
good to see there are some of us out there.... now if we can only meet up one day... or at the track.... There is a Mustang gathering every Sunday @ around noon and on, out in Yorba Linda.. in Savi Ranch by the T.G.I F. restaurant... maybe on sunday some of us can meet down there and shoot the shiat?

Jblue21
12-11-2007, 05:34 PM
good to see there are some of us out there.... now if we can only meet up one day... or at the track.... There is a Mustang gathering every Sunday @ around noon and on, out in Yorba Linda.. in Savi Ranch by the T.G.I F. restaurant... maybe on sunday some of us can meet down there and shoot the shiat?

shiat? lol

Herco23
12-15-2007, 10:01 PM
Safado, sorry for the delay. The mods for my MM are many and more to come. I own a Muffler shop near by and I have a couple of my friends that also own MM. Just becarefull because theirs a wana be Marauder in red that drives around provoking other MM owner, My friends refer to it as CHARAUDER.

MACFORD88
12-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Now I Know Where I Can Get Mufflers When I Need Them.:banana:

dalucifer
12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
Valencia
2004 33,xxx
DR tune
4.10 gears
JLT Intake
Custom H pipe
Audioz

:)

safado
12-22-2007, 12:10 AM
seems like the majority of the "hardcore hotrodders" are out in the eastside...

JamesHecker
12-22-2007, 12:53 AM
My Black 03 was purchased July of 02 in Santa Clarita. As far as I have been able to tell it is the first one in the greater LA area.

It is my daily driver with almost 64,000 miles on it. It has 4:10 gears, matrix drive shaft, delete megs, high stall torque converter, hot plugs, cool stat, and a chip.

In spite of all the mechanical defects and annoyances, I love it!

safado
12-24-2007, 05:24 PM
My Black 03 was purchased July of 02 in Santa Clarita. As far as I have been able to tell it is the first one in the greater LA area.

It is my daily driver with almost 64,000 miles on it. It has 4:10 gears, matrix drive shaft, delete megs, high stall torque converter, hot plugs, cool stat, and a chip.

In spite of all the mechanical defects and annoyances, I love it!

What bugs you about the car?

Herco23
12-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Discounts are available at my shop for MM.Net members

JamesHecker
12-27-2007, 12:09 AM
What bugs me about the car?! OMG...do I have enough time and bandwidth to answer that question?

Now please understand...I love my car! It's just that it has not been the most carefree automobile I have owned, by a long shot.

In less than 64,000 miles;

I need my 5th set of rear tires. Center wear...not all from leaving it on the pavement in streaks.

Three sets of front tires due to excessive wear on the inside, even after having the alignment adjusted away from factory specs.

Replaced the rear axles...twice!

Idle air control valve failed.

Fuel pump failed.

FM tuner went out. OEM replacement radio was defective!

Driver side mirror assembly needed to be replaced, was mounted defectivley.

Transmission was horribly out of adjustment when new and shifted slowly from second to third. Don't know what the dealer did but they were able to fix it.

Headlight seal leaked allowing moisture in headlight, so did replacement headlight.

PCM failed. Replacement PCM turned out not to be compatible with the chip I had purchased for the previous one. Now my speedo and shift points are off till I can buy a new chip.

Multifunction switch on steering column intermitently malfunctions. Sometimes the wipers come on when the switch is in the off position.

Both the driver and front passenger window switches intermitently malfunction. The lights in the window switches have not worked for quite awhile.

The leather on the steering wheel came loose and had to be replaced at about 13,000 miles.

The shift knob came loose.

Paint quality is horrible. Swirls, spiderwebs, nicks, and little scratches all over it. I was really, really careful with it but finally gave up trying to baby the paint.

I think I am forgetting some stuff.

And even after all that, I love to drive this car!

safado
12-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Discounts are available at my shop for MM.Net members

Thanks Herco!!!

What bugs me about the car?! OMG...do I have enough time and bandwidth to answer that question?

Now please understand...I love my car! It's just that it has not been the most carefree automobile I have owned, by a long shot.

I need my 5th set of rear tires. Center wear...not all from leaving it on the pavement in streaks.

Three sets of front tires due to excessive wear on the inside, even after having the alignment adjusted away from factory specs.

Fuel pump failed.

Transmission was horribly out of adjustment when new and shifted slowly from second to third. Don't know what the dealer did but they were able to fix it.

Headlight seal leaked allowing moisture in headlight, so did replacement headlight.

PCM failed. Replacement PCM turned out not to be compatible with the chip I had purchased for the previous one. Now my speedo and shift points are off till I can buy a new chip.

Multifunction switch on steering column intermitently malfunctions. Sometimes the wipers come on when the switch is in the off position.

Both the driver and front passenger window switches intermitently malfunction. The lights in the window switches have not worked for quite awhile.

The leather on the steering wheel came loose and had to be replaced at about 13,000 miles.

Paint quality is horrible. Swirls, spiderwebs, nicks, and little scratches all over it. I was really, really careful with it but finally gave up trying to baby the paint.

Wow thats quite a list there... I don't even know what to say... I hope mine does act up...lol

smkngmarauder
12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Sup Fellas,

I'm out in Murrieta..

Hey guys, im out here in so-cal myself....im out in OCEANSEDE, CA...but looks like im tha youngster of family...im 20...i've actually seen a couple of MARAUDERS out here myself...I have A 2004 Black, Manufacture date 11/03...

69mach1
12-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Hey guys

I'm in Poway down by San Diego. We been at the dunes for the last week and it was great :D Mine is a 04 Silver Birch MM. Check out my sig for mods.
My time has been taken up working on my 69 Mach1 and for my next project I'll be building a new kitchen and family room to the house. I'll be lucky to break away for Fabulous Fords in April :shake:
Hope to see ya'll down the road.
Talk later,

Jon aka 69mach1

69mach1
12-28-2007, 08:55 PM
A couple other notes... I'm one of the lucky ones I guess since I haven't had the failures others talk about... so far... knock on wood :rolleyes: I did replace the front tires at 20k, did the carfixer alignment spec's and now I have 21k on the replacements and it's just now showing minor wear on the inside, I replaced the rears @ 18k, went with the wheel widening and 295 Nittos and still have plenty of meat after 23k :D this is a case where bigger is better! :beer: Mostly I do my own work so if you have questions I might have already been there, done that. I did my own badgeless grille and the J-mod on the tranny as well as welding up the stock control arms.

I also love this car, sweet, sweet, sweet. Only thing my smile is missing is a supercharger :rolleyes: I just can't seem to find $6k of discretionary income to blow on a Trilogy setup :(

If you happen to be in the area stop on in and have a beer :beer:

Talk later

Jon aka 69mach1

safado
12-28-2007, 10:23 PM
thats cool two more out in socal!!!! and around my area... nice mods there Jon!

walela1
12-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Black 300 B '04, bought in June '04 from Mayberry LM NoHo. 33+K mostly troublefree miles, ( second set of front tires, after aligned @ Mayberry nto Carfixers' specs, need a third set of rears soon,)

K&N CAI, with a 9" S & B inverted cone filter with prefilter. DR tune delivered by SCT XCAL 2, more spark by way of Granitelli COPS and connectors, PHP spacer. Want 4.10 gears, Zack & Mack Control arms, more open exhaustafter the cats.

That all being said, my MM is my daily driver and has never stranded me anywhere. Not as fast as my '06 Magnum R/T, but won't soon be letting go of either car.

Happy New Year!

Michael:banana2:

ParkRanger
01-08-2008, 05:38 PM

Fuel pump failed.

Jim,

What a horror story! Hard to believe.
The only thing I've had was a broken fog lamp - with 65K miles. Also a lot of freeway paint nicks.

PR :burnout:

03calitejas
03-07-2008, 11:09 PM
up in the SF valley close to the Van Nuys airport.
300A with 114K miles
-I have SLK Mercs Lidio tunes as of last weekend (nice doggone upgrade!)
-Nitto 255's in back
-JLT CAI (to be installed about 8 or 9 hours from now)-huge TY to Steve in FLA that just got the NOVI install done by DR

coming soon I hope:
-one of Dennis's ProGuards and drive shaft loop...
-lowering the nose an inch or so and adding a small spoiler under the air dam(low and slow is saweeeet but low and fast suits me better)
-also considering the pros and cons (my bike rack will be history) of a factory rear spoiler if I can land one

budgets are a biotch- and I'm trying to keep this Marauder adventure just a notch below an addiction

safado
03-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Welcome... good to see another MM on the west coast.. they all seem to be on the other side...

MACFORD88
03-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey Im Here Too.

macmathan
03-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Count me in just bought a 03. No mods yet :D

Anyone know a good mechanic in the orange county area?

Herco23
03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm also in for fabulous fords.

03calitejas
03-19-2008, 06:47 PM
ok...I got my registration tag in the mail today...who else is going? I think it would rock if we joined up and went in and parked together...maybe plan it out to have a marauder bbq cookout...I love to work a grill
:burnout: