PDA

View Full Version : 4R75w and Converter for sale

collins8
12-10-2007, 05:23 AM
I had all intentions of going auto but I have changed my mind.

First of all I have a newly rebuilt 4R75W built by Jerry Wroblewski. This tranny has an 03 4R70W case from an 03 Mustang GT with the internals from a 04 4R75w. So it has the 4R75W pump in it, Alto red clutches, 5 plate intermediate, 8 plate direct, 6 plate forward, It has a mechanical diode intermediate one way, tailshaft lubrication mod has been done to it, Jerry's mods are done to the stock valve body to make her shift quick and firm, and it has all the upgrades needed for a 700 FT-lbf of torque car. For more info I will have to ask Jerry, but I can promise you he built it right. The tranny has never been in the car. I also have a PI tripple disc torque converter newly rebuilt by Circle D. Circle D upgrades these unit with a better friction material so it will take the abuse. Converter is still in the box Cricle D shipped it in.

http://www.circledspecialties.com/

This converter was built pretty tight to allow me to take advantage of my wide torque curve of a positive dispalcement blower. I would guess it will stall around 3000 RPM.

I also have a new in box tranny cooler.
Tranny cooler info

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006HM8DO/themussou0b307228-20

Also have a new Ford tranny pan for this setup that has a drain plug in it.

I would like to work a trade for a viper spec t-56 setup for my 99 Mustang or I will take $2000 for it all.
If your interested please e-mail me at
collinz5@comcast.net

Rob

Krytin
12-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Rob,
What's your general location?
It would be nice to know for inspection/shipping or pick-up.
Thanks - sounds like a nice package. Good luck with your Mustang!
Paul

Darrin
12-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Thats a great deal!

Darrin

collins8
12-10-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry guys, I am in Athens, TN

Rob

ts-pa
12-10-2007, 10:29 AM
If I just didn't do mine, I'd be all over this.
At a great price too! Good luck Rob with your sale.

Darrin
12-10-2007, 10:33 AM
No kidding! I am seriously looking to see if I can spare the cash for this myself. Give me until the end of the day.

If I didn't have Christmas shopping to worry about then this would be a done deal for sure.

Darrin

ts-pa
12-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Darrin, No hard feelings about your price intended (which was very good BTW), but this includes an upgraded converter & an awesome cooler! That's like icing on the cake!

Shora
12-10-2007, 03:21 PM
No kidding! I am seriously looking to see if I can spare the cash for this myself. Give me until the end of the day.

If I didn't have Christmas shopping to worry about then this would be a done deal for sure.

Darrin

Darrin, do you not build transmissions and converters yourself?

How can this be such a good deal for one with your know-how on these products?

Is Jerry so good that even the experts want his products?

Darrin
12-10-2007, 03:29 PM
It's not so much the transmission. LOL

Break it down. A torque converter that is worth over $1000, the other stuff which is new and a transmission that is already built and updated by someone that you can positively trust to build one and that would retail for more than what he is asking for the whole package....

Yeah, this is a great deal. So good that it might make sense even for me to buy it. That torque converter is better than a brand new one from PI and is worth much more than retail. There is at least $300 worth of extra work done to it and no expenses for shipping it back and forth that someone else would have to worry with. I could sell that thing alone for half the cost of this whole deal pretty easily. I can get them restalled for cheap so I could even get it set up for what the customer would want. There is a $70 transmission pan and a more than $200 transmission cooler that can be resold as well.

That leaves me with a transmission that was built by Jerry. Something that I can take apart and use absolutely everything out of and not have to worry about. Or, I could sell it for what it is and get more than $1000 out of it for sure.

I honestly can't believe the price on this deal.

Darrin

Darrin
12-10-2007, 04:00 PM
At this time I can't buy it. Between Christmas and ordering parts for a 4R100 that has been ordered for some super Lightning out in Arizona, I can't justify it right now.

Someone needs to take this off his hands before he comes to his senses. LOL

Darrin

Shora
12-10-2007, 04:24 PM
^^^Now I know what you mean.

Thanks for all the info.:beer:

collins8
12-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Darrin
Sorry you can not swing it.

I would love to find Someone that would want to trade a viper spec t-56. I would wait a few weeks or a month for a trade.

Rob

Darrin
12-10-2007, 07:22 PM
The real reason that I want this is to prevent the loss of a potential sale to anyone here. :neener:

That and I can get some killer parts in the process.

But honestly, I do actually pay quite a bit for good cores with those parts in them and I know that those are in perfect condition. Add that to the other stuff there and it's even a great deal for someone like me, but I just can't justify it right now.

Anyone looking for that type of setup who has the cash and doesn't jump on this is a darn fool.

One more free bump by the way :)

Darrin

Marauderjack
12-11-2007, 05:23 AM
Darrin,

I have been talking with Rob about this too!!:beer:

If I was to buy it would you take the converter as I'm not too familiar with what it does over stock and mine seems OK.....The cooler is not necessary in my opinion so that would be available too??:cool:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Zack
12-11-2007, 06:09 AM
PI Triple plates Slow Cars down. Its a silent truth in the racing world. No one has ever proved it, but it is true, trust me.
I'd pass on the converter.

ts-pa
12-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Marauderjack,

If you were to buy it and use the OEM converter you have now, the extra cooler isn't really needed.

If you choose to buy the package, I'd like to buy the cooler from you if you have no plans for it.

ts-pa
12-11-2007, 06:22 AM
PI Triple plates Slow Cars down. Its a silent truth in the racing world. No one has ever proved it, but it is true, trust me.

So now I find this out:rolleyes::o I read something like this AFTER I bought mine. Oh well, too late now. I'm not going to change it just for the sake of it.

Zack
12-11-2007, 06:26 AM
Buy a BC Single Plate, its the Cat's Meow!

Darrin
12-11-2007, 06:29 AM
But Zack, you know that people are absolutely in LOVE with these converters and if you put this one up for sale as what it is then it would be super easy to sell. It is actually an awesome converter. Not my cup of tea, but truly a great piece for those that are looking for that sort of thing.

But it isn't something that I would be personally interested in for obvious reasons. I was just thinking that with it and the other stuff to sell that I could get an awesome transmission to either core for someone else on a custom project or resell as exactly what it is.

In other words, I was looking at making some money from the stuff. After all, that is what I do. LOL

If anyone is looking for a triple plate converter for a 4R7x transmission then one of these that has been reworked like this is the ONLY piece that is worth even thinking about in my opinion. I have seen the rest and know the damage that they can cause and how that turns out for the customer. With this converter there is no worry whatsoever. It is the best thing going for a multi plate and there is NO doubt about that whatsoever. You can use this one with absolute peace of mind and it is worth the price for sure.

Yet another free bump.

Darrin

Zack
12-11-2007, 06:32 AM
But Zack, people are absolutely in LOVE with these converters and if you put this one up for sale as what it is then it would be super easy to sell. It is actually an awesome converter. Not my cup of tea, but truly a great piece for those that are looking for that sort of thing.

But it isn't something that I would be personally interested in for obvious reasons. I was just thinking that with it and the other stuff to sell that I could get an awesome transmission to either core for someone else on a custom project or resell as exactly what it is.

In other words, I was looking at making some money from the stuff. After all, that is what I do. LOL

Darrin

I thought a PI Converter was the be all and end all of converters....
Until I did my first holeshot with yours :beer:

....and saw how smoked the PI was after a little Kenne Bell abuse. :eek:

Darrin
12-11-2007, 06:40 AM
But you can trust me when I tell you that this converter here isn't going to smoke like yours did. If Circle D went through it then all of the concerns that I might otherwise have about things like that are gone.

Anyone looking for this type of product can rest assured that the converter for sale here is exactly what you should be looking for. It may or may not have to be restalled for your needs, but for strength in this type of converter you won't find better.

But heck, whoever gets that transmission is going to get the gem of the package. The rest is gravy and some really good gravy too.

Darrin

ts-pa
12-11-2007, 06:44 AM
Well, the Circle D re-work fixes the WOT limitation of the PI converter. I wish I knew of that BEFORE I installed my trans. Live & learn.

ts-pa
12-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Got to bail out of this thread---work calls!

Mongoose
12-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I would like to work a trade for a viper spec t-56 setup for my 99 Mustang or I will take $2000 for it all.
If your interested please e-mail me at
collinz5@comcast.net

Rob
You have mail

Richo
12-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Rob, sent you am email about 2.5 hours ago. I will come and pick it up this weekend. Thanks.

Darrin
12-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Rob, sent you am email about 2.5 hours ago. I will come and pick it up this weekend. Thanks.
You will not regret that decision :)

Darrin

collins8
12-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Guys
I have sold the converter and cooler. A friend needed it and it was an offer I could not refuse.
Now the bad news. I just talked to Jerry and this tranny came out of a Mustang and they have shorter dirve shafts than Marauders. To allow a Marauder to run at high speeds with a long drive shaft Ford used a Piloted output shaft on these units. A piloted output shaft runs about $150 and Jerry said he would happily work with me to swap it out for someone. Also the Manual lever would need to be swapped out and the TRS sensor to make it work on a marauder. Jerry would do the swaps for me at no charge but he is limited to the Orlando and Jacksonville area for availability. This tranny was setup for a Mustang. By the way, to swap the output shaft the whole tranny comes apart and you would get to see how these things go together.
As it stands now I have the tranny for sale for $1200.
This tranny does have the Kevlar band and J-moded valve body.

Rob

Zack
12-12-2007, 07:37 AM
I have a Marauder Tailshaft for sale.
$60 shipped

Darrin
12-12-2007, 07:42 AM
If someone buys it that is in my area then I will pitch in and swap the shafts if they need it done.

Darrin

collins8
12-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Darrin

Thanks for the offer!