PDA

View Full Version : < noob from Jersey, Hi everybody!

Merc4Hire
12-14-2007, 08:11 PM
What's up everyone? New to the forums, been on every Mustang/F-body forum for a while though.

I'm picking up a 01 MGM soon as a daily but plan on selling it and my supercharged Mustang in a year or so to add a Marauder to my stable as a daily! I've always loved the newer panther platform, from 98+. I used to drive a 03 CVPI at a security company I used to work for and always thought it was the perfect cruiser/driver...just not quite enough "testicular fortitude".

Don't know why it's taken me so long to recognize the MM as a perfect solution to a daily!

I have 3 nooby questions for everyone to start out with...

-any advice on what to look for or watch out for when I finally look for a MM?

-What would be the best/most reliable way into the mid 13's as a daily? I'd like to keep to gas/driveability friendly mods(ie: no big converters/superchargers/nitrous/4:10's).

-anyone have any regrets or complaints about their car(I doubt it!:))?

Thanks everyone! Look forward to giving/receiving help here in the future!:beer:

ImpalaSlayer
12-14-2007, 08:15 PM
itd take alot of bolt ons to get mid 13s to my understnading but you can still get a super charger and keep all your driveability.

Paul
12-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I regret not having a supercharger yet.

Merc4Hire
12-15-2007, 12:13 AM
I regret not having a supercharger yet.

Sounds like a legitimate regret! :burnout:

I love them to death but I doubt I'll have the money for one when I do get me a MM. Plus, it WILL hurt my gas mileage. Don't get me wrong, I know it doesn't have to...but if i know it's there, it will.:D

I've seen a few guys almost in the 13's with just full exhaust, custom tune, pulleys, and a FIPK...were these flukes or just full of ****? Cuz if i can get like a 13.7-ish with bolt-ons and street tires I'd be freaking ecstatic!

sailsmen
12-15-2007, 07:08 AM
I got 14.2 w/ 4:10, UD, Chip and Plugs. U lose .5 mpg on the highway.

I got 13.7 by adding Cobra exhaust and 3,000 stall on KDW-2 tires.

The modern TQ Con do not affect driveability. W/ 18" wheels the 4:10's are on 28".

With everything that is on your no list you are looking at no 13's.

You can do head and exhaust work but you will spend more than an S/C.

MarauderMark
12-15-2007, 07:22 AM
-What would be the best/most reliable way into the mid 13's as a daily? I'd like to keep to gas/driveability friendly mods(ie: no big converters/superchargers/nitrous/4:10's).
:

Have a 6 second car push it when you wanna race it:)

Bluerauder
12-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Have a 6 second car push it when you wanna race it:)
Yeah, I was gonna suggest an S/C and about 500 pounds of ballast in the trunk. ;)

offroadkarter
12-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Im in jersey also, central. Where bouts are you?

Welcome to the forum!

jgc61sr2002
12-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Welcome aboard.:D:welcome1:

DOOM
12-15-2007, 11:56 AM
Nice pic of VENOM.

Merc4Hire
12-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Im in jersey also, central. Where bouts are you?

Welcome to the forum!

I'm in central jersey too, Edison to be exact. If you ever hit any meets let me know, I'd like to come, just to see some Marauder's up close and personal, maybe see what they're like to drive...if I can bribe someone. ;)

Thanks for the welcome and all the advice everyone. I may consider doing a converter too I guess.

And thanks for the comments on the Venom pic Doom! I have an even better one on the other forums, but I decided to switch to black and white for a while. I used the good pic(my old avater) as my member id pic at fquick.com.

knine
12-15-2007, 05:53 PM
:welcome: aboard !!

offroadkarter
12-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm in central jersey too, Edison to be exact.

Holy crap i go to school in edison :D Bishop Ahr H.S to be exact.

I love central NJ and the .4" of snow that just melted away, some big snow storm huh? :rolleyes:

Merc4Hire
12-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Holy crap i go to school in edison :D Bishop Ahr H.S to be exact.

I love central NJ and the .4" of snow that just melted away, some big snow storm huh? :rolleyes:

Yea right...I never listen to the damn weather for that reason. They're always wrong. I was hoping it'd be more, I like when no one's out because of snow...that's when I have my own fun! :burnout:

I know Bishop Ahr, my school's arch nemesis, lol, not really. I went to Edison High (class of 01). If you're in high school now, enjoy it while you can! I used to hate it when I was there, but I miss it to death.

You gotta let me know if there are any meets when the weather warms up, I'll just have to bring my WS6, ain't a Marauder but oh well, nice cars are nice cars.

jerrym3
12-16-2007, 11:52 AM
nighthawk, do you know anyone in the market for a 99 V6 Mustang coupe?

My daughter just picked up a 2008 V6 convert, but she still has her old 99.

Pretty car, silver, runs well (her boyfriend is a BMW mechanic, so he maintains her car).

Snows (4) and regular tires, Mustang stripe from wheel to wheel. She drives it daily from Paramus to NY State where she works.

No reasonable offer refused. Too many cars in my driveway (94 Bird/2008 and 1999 Mustangs/2004 Lincoln LS/2003 TBird/64 Galaxie convert and her boyfriend's car)

Or, can you suggest a Mustang club in Jersey wher I can offer it for sale?

Thanks

Merc4Hire
12-16-2007, 11:56 AM
nighthawk, do you know anyone in the market for a 99 V6 Mustang coupe?

My daughter just picked up a 2008 V6 convert, but she still has her old 99.

Pretty car, silver, runs well (her boyfriend is a BMW mechanic, so he maintains her car).

Snows (4) and regular tires, Mustang stripe from wheel to wheel. She drives it daily from Paramus to NY State where she works.

No reasonable offer refused. Too many cars in my driveway (94 Bird/2008 and 1999 Mustangs/2004 Lincoln LS/2003 TBird/64 Galaxie convert and her boyfriend's car)

Or, can you suggest a Mustang club in Jersey wher I can offer it for sale?

Thanks

Off hand I don't know anyone but here are a few mustang forums that you could probably sell it on really quick...and they're all free to post on.

www.stangnet.com (http://www.stangnet.com)
www.corral.net (http://www.corral.net)
www.svtperformance.com (http://www.svtperformance.com)
www.mustangforums.com (http://www.mustangforums.com)
www.teamcjmf.com (http://www.teamcjmf.com) (central Jersey Mustang club, their site's a bit hard to get used to though)

What I did too, I just sold my 00 Z28 a month ago using Auto Trader, they have a package to run til it sells that wasn't a bad deal, I think it was under $100 and it goes in the paper and website until it sells(you just have to renew it once a month, which is free). Hope this helps, good luck with the sale!:beer:

offroadkarter
12-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Yea right...I never listen to the damn weather for that reason. They're always wrong. I was hoping it'd be more, I like when no one's out because of snow...that's when I have my own fun! :burnout:

I know Bishop Ahr, my school's arch nemesis, lol, not really. I went to Edison High (class of 01). If you're in high school now, enjoy it while you can! I used to hate it when I was there, but I miss it to death.

You gotta let me know if there are any meets when the weather warms up, I'll just have to bring my WS6, ain't a Marauder but oh well, nice cars are nice cars.

If i go to any, ill let you know.

So are you looking for any specific color? Just to let you know, black is overrated, blue is for the older men who want to feel cool, and silver is for the people who want to blend in. So find a DTR :cool4:

Merc4Hire
12-16-2007, 04:13 PM
LOL, I do like the DTR, but sorry to say, I am a big fan of the black! I have some mods in mind that'll set my car apart from other black Marauders, when the time comes. Besides...there can't be 2 DTR's so close to one another!

offroadkarter
12-16-2007, 06:42 PM
LOL, I do like the DTR, but sorry to say, I am a big fan of the black! I have some mods in mind that'll set my car apart from other black Marauders, when the time comes. Besides...there can't be 2 DTR's so close to one another!
Theres a black MM at metuchen taxi and a sb at ray catina service center, you better find a blue :D

Merc4Hire
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
I wonder if they use the MM as a taxi. If so, I wonder if they're hiring.:D