PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville 5 DVD

Ladyhawke
12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
It’s finally here!!! A FULL DVD of slide shows and videos from Marauderville 5.

All registered MV5 attendees will receive the DVD at no cost. Additional copies and non-attendees may purchase the DVD at a cost of $10 per DVD. Please contact Mary, MM03MOK, to make a purchase.

The registered attendees’ DVDs will be shipped out over the next couple days at way of USPS.

Here's the summary:

11 Slide Shows containing 2067 pics

Ladyhawke (1) all events -- 144 pics
Bluerauder (1) all events -- 178 pics
Hotel, Welcome Breakfast (1) -- 139 pics
Picnic & Car Show (2) -- 562 pics
Park Burnout (1) -- 70 pics
Drag Racing (2) -- 399 pics
Cruise to DC/Alexandria (1) -- 172 pics
Dandy Luncheon Cruise (1) -- 188 pics
Farewell Breakfast (1) -- 215 pics

14 Videos

Luray Convoys
NBC 25 TV Newsclip
FastMerc's Burnout
Alexandria Convoys

QuickTime Installer executable

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/Firehawk02/MVVdisc.jpg

Motorhead350
12-18-2007, 08:50 PM
I can't wait to see this. Thank you so much! :D

ctrlraven
12-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Quick question my address has changed since MMV, who should I let know the new address?

Ladyhawke
12-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Chris, please send me a PM with your new address. Thanks!

Bluerauder
12-19-2007, 04:45 AM
Thanks Chris for pulling this together. Lotsa work for you I know. I am sure the DVD will bring back fine memories of fun for all of the MV5 attendees. :woohoo:

If you were not able to attend MV5 ... this is a great opportunity to see the events in detail .... it is ALL there. :up:

SID210SA
12-19-2007, 06:42 AM
Is there music in this one?

Pops
12-19-2007, 06:46 AM
Thanks Chris I know this was a lot of work!

ctrlraven
12-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Chris, please send me a PM with your new address. Thanks!

PM sent and thank you!

Another question, is it one DVD per household or for each person that registered for MMV?

MM03MOK
12-19-2007, 07:35 AM
PM sent and thank you!

Another question, is it one DVD per household or for each person that registered for MMV?
Good question....to be able to do this at no charge, one DVD per household of the MM.Net member that registered for MV5. I know a few registered and were not able to make it. They will also get a DVD.

If you do want a second DVD before Chris packages them up, please let us know. We only have a limited number for sale, not knowing how many others would be interested.

I can send a paypal invoice to anyone interested in purchasing the DVD. Just PM me your email address.

Many thanks to Jacki for her great photographs and Chris for organizing all the photos and videos from Jacki and other attendees. You did a phenomenal job putting this DVD together.

:wreath:

Ladyhawke
12-19-2007, 09:35 AM
If you do want a second DVD before Chris packages them up, please let us know.

Most of the packages went out this morning by way of First Class USPS. You should be seeing them in a couple of days so be watching your mailboxes.

If you are interested in additional copies, please let us know and we will work something out.

Ladyhawke
12-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Is there music in this one?

No the slideshows do not have music. As for the videos, the best music it could be ...

the exhaust tune of the Marauders!!

Plus some commentary from the non-thinking photographer. Oops!

SID210SA
12-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the reply.......

Blackened300a
12-19-2007, 02:04 PM
No the slideshows do not have music. As for the videos, the best music it could be ...

the exhaust tune of the Marauders!!

No sound is sweeter

FastMerc
12-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Wow I cant wait to see this,gonna be cool.

rayjay
12-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Looking forward to receiving the DVD. Thanks for all the hard work :up:

Bluerauder
12-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey, there's a hole right in the middle of the Blue MM. Just sayin' :rofl:

MyTMerc
12-19-2007, 08:26 PM
Looks like a bullet hole :eek: At the drivers side of the windshield. I wouldn't worry about any subliminal messages.;)

MyTMerc
12-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Chris,
Great job putting it all together! Thanks for all your hard work.

1stMerc
12-19-2007, 08:59 PM

Like it's been said DTR is the best color, period. :beer: Right up front where it belongs. :D

Chris, and the assembly crew thanks for putting this together. Can't wait to see it.

FastMerc
12-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Got mine yesterday pretty cool,took me a bit to figure how to acces it all.I guess not to many pics of D.C. ITSELF but with the traffic I could not take any there.

Ladyhawke
12-24-2007, 08:43 AM
There's been some questions about the DVD. This DVD was made for accessing on the computer, not movie DVD players. It will not automatically start. You will need to open Windows Explorer or My Computer, access your media drive and double click on the files. Most computers should have the software to read these files. Adobe Acobat Reader for the slideshows and Windows Media Player, WinDVD4 and Quicktime (on DVD for install) for the videos.

Please remember this is a full DVD of data. You may want to download the files to your local drive for your computer to open them more quickly.

RF Overlord
12-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Looks like a bullet hole. I wouldn't worry about any subliminal messages.Are you kidding me?!

Remember: Ladyhawke lives on a farm...a BIG farm...with lots of empty space...that backs up to a forest...and there's a highway nearby that's good at masking sounds...

...no one will ever find you.

Pat
12-25-2007, 09:30 AM
My diskie no worky. Displays error code - D:\is not not accessable. Device is not ready, retry-cancel.

My other DVD's work OK.

I'll try another computer tomorrow at the library.

1stMerc
12-25-2007, 10:31 PM
My diskie no worky. Displays error code - D:\is not not accessable. Device is not ready, retry-cancel.

My other DVD's work OK.

I'll try another computer tomorrow at the library.

Pat,
I have the same problem with my system. Took the disk over to mom's new Christmas Vista system and it worked perfectly. Mine is Windows XP Pro. .....guess it's time for an upgrade.

I've tried all kinds of things, (downloads) but nothing's worked thus far. Other disks work with Nero and Cyberlink PowerDVD software, but nothing comes up in Windows explorer. Somethings going on with the udf extension since it shows "raw" as the file system under drive properties instead of the afore mentioned.

I'll keep you posted if a solution comes to light.

Waymon

Bluerauder
12-26-2007, 05:28 AM
Pat,
I have the same problem with my system. Took the disk over to mom's new Christmas Vista system and it worked perfectly. Mine is Windows XP Pro. .....guess it's time for an upgrade.
Pat and Waymon,

I previewed the DVD for Ladyhawke and had no problems accessing any of the files whatsoever. My computer is running MS Windows XP, Media Center Edition, version 2002. I have Adobe 7.0.8 loaded as well as MS Office Standard Edition 2003. All opened and played easily for me. :dunno:

The slide shows files opened for me with no problem. The newsclip was a little slow on loading because of its "huge" size even though I have a 2 GHz, 960 MB RAM machine. Best to move/copy those bigger files to your hard drive and not try to run them off the DVD.

Don't think that it is a Windows XP issue.

Blackened300a
12-26-2007, 02:17 PM
I recieved my disc today and Im having a issue as well. It doesnt show up on my computer like the disc was never inserted into my drive. I have a HP with windows XP. I bought it back in 05 so its not that old. I can play or run any disc other then this one :confused:
I inserted it into my Xbox360 and I was able to watch the videos but not view the slideshow.
Any suggestions or ideas?? Im going to try to get to my mother house and try it on her PC but Im bummed its not working on mine.:alone:

Bluerauder
12-26-2007, 05:13 PM
I recieved my disc today and Im having a issue as well. It doesnt show up on my computer like the disc was never inserted into my drive.
Are you sure that you have a DVD-R or DVD-RW drive? This disc that I have is a DVD not a CD. My Dell Dimension does both DVDs & CDs in the same drive. Some machines have separate CD and DVD drives. Maybe this is the problem. :dunno:

When I load the disc and click on "My Computer", the DVD drive shows MV5. Then if I double click on the "D" drive, I can see a folder named "Marauderville 5". Inside that folder are two more folders ... one for the Slideshows and one for the videos. You'll also need Adobe 7.0 loaded to view the slideshows.

This is the only thing that I can think of that would prevent accessing the files. :(

FastMerc
12-26-2007, 05:19 PM
My windows XP works with it, Open the files all are there. :)

1stMerc
12-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Are you sure that you have a DVD-R or DVD-RW drive? This disc that I have is a DVD not a CD. My Dell Dimension does both DVDs & CDs in the same drive. Some machines have separate CD and DVD drives. Maybe this is the problem.

Charlie,
I have a Memorex DVD-R/RW R DL drive i installed and Adobe 8 reader but still not having any success. Something is definitely going on with my as i took the disc to work and it played. Both systems are XP Pro.
I would say it is something in my bios but i can read other DVD's but with the help of Nero software, but not the MV 5 dsk.
Something is missing on my system, i just don't know what. Can't find the Media Center Edition software to download anymore. I know it's not the disc but a proper decoder for my drive.

Blackened300a
I also have an HP with XP, but it's not as it left the factory harddrive, processor and memory and video card have been changed.

Ladyhawke
12-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Sorry some of you are having trouble. I tried some on our laptop and our tower then Gordon tried some at work; they worked fine. These were all made from the same duplicator system. I don't know what kind because I had help with the duplication/labeling process.

I'm not an expert in the IT field so my many thanks to those trying to help out with this.

Peter
12-27-2007, 10:53 AM
For those who are having troubles:

Go to Computer and press D drive if it doen't work click properties and go find the data path then paste it where you have search...

Blackened300a
12-27-2007, 12:39 PM
After a restart my computer figured out that I inserted a disc in it and it started up. I watched about 2 slideshows before I went to bed.

Great work to all involved :up::up:

Pat
12-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Ladyhawke;

My computer and programs are just too darn old. I took delivery of a new
Dell a couple of days ago and the disk works fine. All except the TV interviews. Something about needing to know what program was used to make the files. OK, the new computer found something that worked.
All OK now.

The best part was me winning all those drag races, well at least I thought I did.
Tried to lip sync my TV interview but couldn't remember what I said. Something about trying to find a men's room?

Ladyhawke
01-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Glad you all are getting the DVD to work.

If your computer can't find a program to run the TV video, try downloading the Quicktime exe that I provided on the DVD.

Bluerauder
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Chris ... thanks for the great job on the Marauderville 5 DVD. Mine came in the mail today. I have been watching the Slide Shows for the past 1.5 hours and still have at least an hour to go. Glad you were able to get lots of pics from Skyline Drive --- great shots of all the convoys.

MV5 was a terrific event and this DVD really captures the spirit. I have been reliving all of the events one-by-one. Great Job !!! :2thumbs:

Thanks.

Here's the summary:

11 Slide Shows containing 2067 pics

Ladyhawke (1) all events -- 144 pics
Bluerauder (1) all events -- 178 pics
Hotel, Welcome Breakfast (1) -- 139 pics
Picnic & Car Show (2) -- 562 pics
Park Burnout (1) -- 70 pics
Drag Racing (2) -- 399 pics
Cruise to DC/Alexandria (1) -- 172 pics
Dandy Luncheon Cruise (1) -- 188 pics
Farewell Breakfast (1) -- 215 pics

14 Videos

Luray Convoys
NBC 25 TV Newsclip
FastMerc's Burnout
Alexandria Convoys

QuickTime Installer executable

ts-pa
01-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Thanks Chris, got my video recently. Very well done!