PDA

View Full Version : procharger q's

Jeremy
12-19-2007, 09:53 PM
When I was doing some work for my local LM dealer last week they informed me that they had a procharger p1sc sitting in the parts room that came off an f150 (5.4l). They had all the parts that came off the truck as well as a bracket for a 4.6l (2-valve). I popped the hood on the MM today and it doesn't look like those brackets will work (sort of expected that). I'm assuming that the bracket will mount to the "studs" in the front of the passenger side head that are drilled/tapped?

The big question is.. am I going to need to fab one or can I pick one up somewhere?

I also know I'm going to have to redo some other things, coolant crossover, fuel delivery, tune, etc.. upgrades were planned as part of forging the bottom-end this winter, so I can live with it I guess...

any thoughts?

sailsmen
12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Save yourself a lot of time and money buy a kit sans S/C. Assuming they will give u the S/C.

Jeremy
12-19-2007, 11:00 PM
Save yourself a lot of time and money buy a kit sans S/C. Assuming they will give u the S/C.

it's probably gonna be a cheap deal or a "trade" (fix problems for them, fix my no-boost problem)

FordNut
12-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Get a bracket from ProCharger. '99-'01 Cobra and '03-'04 Mach 1. It will come with necessary idler pulleys.

You'll need a throttle body elbow, a few silicone couplings, a inlet tube elbow, a bypass valve, inlet tube, and discharge tube. Maybe you could get them from Dennis for his non-intercooled Vortech kit and they would work. Maybe just get his non-intercooled kit minus blower. Not sure about the coolant crossover tube, but I believe the ProCharger is different from the Vortech one.

That would put you into an economy non-intercooled kit, just keep the boost low and it'll be ok.

magindat
12-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Hey, I was gonna say that!!!!

Try part number 3-FC-BB-003.

Should be around $265.

magindat
12-20-2007, 05:54 AM
make sure the outlet is oriented properly. The label on the gear box must face up for proper lube.

Jeremy
12-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I was over there fixing an issue with their network this morning and here's the deal...

everything from the f150 kit is there, except fuel pump (but they're saying it was return-style anyway, so oh well)... they also have some parts off a few 4.6's (mustang gt's)..

intercooler, bypass, you name it..

I was looking at the procharger app guide and I noticed something else I needed to doublecheck.. I believe the f150 may have been a "standard rotation" and the 4.6 kits are mostly "reverse rotation"...

magindat: do I just contact procharger directly and use that part #?

Thanks guys...

magindat
12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
magindat: do I just contact procharger directly and use that part #?

It came from them!!! Verify with Brian's description. I believe it's for an 01 Cobra. They have Greg's (FIT) parts list, so they can verify. Also verify, via Greg's list, the rotation.

You may also ask them about trading or re-gearing the forward for the reverse based on verification.

MIKE40412
11-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Where can i find a supercharger 4 my 04 marauder

mgmsleeper
11-27-2011, 09:45 PM
Where can i find a supercharger 4 my 04 marauder

You can FIND em almost anywhere. Your budget will tell which route u need to go