PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Blue MM as a Daily Driver

dpotter
01-01-2008, 06:33 PM
I've been checking up here for a while and finally registered the other day so I could formalize my interest in a blue MM. I've always loved the Marauder. I don't need a tremendously low mile car, clean and well cared for is what I am looking for.

I have 3 kids so I'm selling my Cobra and I can't think of a better replacement than a Marauder which is my version of a family-style Cobra. My range is up to about $15K (obviously more based on miles/condition).

I prefer buying this type of vehicle from someone like you, an enthusiast who's taken great care of their ride. Mods don't scare me, preferred in fact if done properly. I'd end up with a SC on it someday anyway, I love the whine!

I know it's a stretch but it's worth throwing this request out so you folks know I am in the market. I'm north of Dallas in Frisco, TX. PM me anything you're aware of; I am on Autorader, Cars.com, eBay and here pretty much daily.

I love this site, so much info it's awesome and not too many clowns.

dhp
:beer:

knine
01-01-2008, 06:35 PM
At least you got the color right. :welcome: aboard, you have been assimilated.

dpotter
01-01-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks knine, my Stang needs worthy company!

EDIT...Most likely selling the stang.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2326/1768172760_47c4d04de7_b.jpg

SC Cheesehead
01-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the site, and hope you can find a Blue MM. They're getting rarer by the day. Bluerauder has a program that calculates vehicle attrition, and it currently shows that less than 251 Blue Marauders still exist. all the same, if you're patient, one's bound to turn up.

SCCH

knine
01-02-2008, 01:20 AM
I see on the "other site" Zack's buddy (TMF) :run: just got a BLUE with 150 miles on it.

dpotter
01-02-2008, 08:25 AM
If I had the money and garage space to just park another car I'd already own the blue Mark has listed. I showed that thread to my wife and she almost slapped me :) That thing is just perfect. I need a DD not another garage queen, I'll keep an eye on that other site too.

Thanks,

Zack
01-02-2008, 08:27 AM
In drive my BLUE everyday and Love it!

dpotter
01-02-2008, 10:57 AM
I would too, just couldn't see myself taking a pristine car with ultra low miles out in the rain and getting it filthy. I need one that is clean and well kept that I would not feel too bad about getting dirty. Even then, I keep my cars super clean.

I am patienly waiting for the day I can have my blue MM as a DD! Let me know when you're done with yours...

dpotter
03-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Bump, still on the hunt for the elusive DBP MM...

ImpalaSlayer
03-01-2008, 06:49 PM
good luck my friend

ps that stang is sexy

knine
03-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Where have you been? A blue just went for 11k on ebay.

dpotter
03-01-2008, 11:28 PM
I passed on the eBay one for several reasons. Looked more like a theft recovery than repo...not for me. Thanks to a series of photos and a good write-up I'm not interested in the Florida car either. I'll keep looking for one that was at least respected and well kept.

Thanks ImpalaSlayer, I agree....

frdrckmarauder
03-02-2008, 03:58 PM
If you think you are going to get a BLUE MM for 15k the way you want it, dream on!!

What's wrong with the car in Avon Park, FL? What write up were you reading? The camera
lens is what needed cleaning.

There are only 251 of the blue left..better start thinking, Again, if you think you are going
to get one of these for that price, forget it... And why would you want higher miles
as a trade off for a clean car.Thats just plain stupid.. What's a clean car anyway? I wash, wax, and vacuum my MM
every 3 months or so and it looks brand new after that.

dpotter
03-02-2008, 04:36 PM
$15K is a good target for me and DBP is the color I want. Clean is clean, not sure how to explain that. Meanwhile, I'll keep dreaming and may take a closer look at the FLA car.

Edit: a local guy sold his DBP for $17.5 with only 27K on the clock about 6 months ago. Had I been in the market at that time she'd be in my garage.

03Farmmarauder
03-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I passed on the eBay one for several reasons. Looked more like a theft recovery than repo...not for me. Thanks to a series of photos and a good write-up I'm not interested in the Florida car either. I'll keep looking for one that was at least respected and well kept.

Thanks ImpalaSlayer, I agree....

I called on the car in florida. That car came from a dealer that is about 20 miles from me. The car has been hit in the rear and the bumber has been repainted and not so well. No sheet damage on the car but the front bumber has also been repainted from bugs and body filler for holes. Not much of a desired car if u ask me. Good luck with the hunt!!!

03Farmmarauder
03-02-2008, 05:27 PM
If you think you are going to get a BLUE MM for 15k the way you want it, dream on!!

What's wrong with the car in Avon Park, FL? What write up were you reading? The camera
lens is what needed cleaning.

There are only 251 of the blue left..better start thinking, Again, if you think you are going
to get one of these for that price, forget it... And why would you want higher miles
as a trade off for a clean car.Thats just plain stupid.. What's a clean car anyway? I wash, wax, and vacuum my MM
every 3 months or so and it looks brand new after that.

The blue in florida is not a good buy!!! Runs in the paint no thanks!!!:rolleyes:

frdrckmarauder
03-02-2008, 06:33 PM
What do u mean by runs in the paint?

It's the original paint job...except for the bumpers...
No one is going to take delivery of a new car if it has 'runs in the paint'.

Some people on here just 'say things' to say them...

Unless, you've examined the paint closely in person, I don't
see how you can say anything like that. You can't tell much
by those pictures.

03Farmmarauder
03-02-2008, 06:43 PM
What do u mean by runs in the paint?

It's the original paint job...except for the bumpers...
No one is going to take delivery of a new car if it has 'runs in the paint'.

Some people on here just 'say things' to say them...

Unless, you've examined the paint closely in person, I don't
see how you can say anything like that. You can't tell much
by those pictures.

I can tell you this because i wanted to buy the car the rear bumber has cracks in it and you can tell it has runs in the clear because the dealer told me so. It was really nice of him to be upfront with me. If i was buying 1 of 328 i dont want repainted bumbers. To make it worse they are not blended right so it was a bad job!!!

frdrckmarauder
03-02-2008, 06:45 PM
OK---that makes more sense!!!

dpotter
03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for posting 03Farmmarauder, I wasn't aware of the damage/paint issue but had seen an extensive thread here somewhere with tons of pics that pretty much told me what I needed to know.

The hunt continues. My Cobra's almost sold...

airborne_mp84
03-06-2008, 08:45 PM
I've been checking up here for a while and finally registered the other day so I could formalize my interest in a blue MM. I've always loved the Marauder. I don't need a tremendously low mile car, clean and well cared for is what I am looking for.

I have 3 kids so I'm selling my Cobra and I can't think of a better replacement than a Marauder which is my version of a family-style Cobra. My range is up to about $15K (obviously more based on miles/condition).

I prefer buying this type of vehicle from someone like you, an enthusiast who's taken great care of their ride. Mods don't scare me, preferred in fact if done properly. I'd end up with a SC on it someday anyway, I love the whine!

I know it's a stretch but it's worth throwing this request out so you folks know I am in the market. I'm north of Dallas in Frisco, TX. PM me anything you're aware of; I am on Autorader, Cars.com, eBay and here pretty much daily.

I love this site, so much info it's awesome and not too many clowns.

dhp
:beer: good luck on finding a blue one:depress:

knine
03-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Try this one: BLUE on autotrader
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rdpage=thumb&car_id=239260942&dealer_id=66373&car_year=2003&model=MARAUDER&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=&marketZipError=false&search_lang=&first_record=51&make=MERC&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=60432&advanced=&end_year=2004&pager.offset=50&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=25

03Farmmarauder
03-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Try this one: BLUE on autotrader
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?rdpage=thumb&car_id=239260942&dealer_id=66373&car_year=2003&model=MARAUDER&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=2003&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&search_type=used&distance=&marketZipError=false&search_lang=&first_record=51&make=MERC&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Ais psearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=60432&advanced=&end_year=2004&pager.offset=50&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=25

That is the car that has had body work

dpotter
03-31-2008, 01:27 PM
I'm out of the market for a MM at this time. I thought I could swing a MM as a daily driver or sell my Cobra to get a really nice Marauder but the sale on my car just fell through and I've decided to simply upgrade my old Explorer to a newer one which will only cost me a couple grand out of pocket and keep working on the stang, she's close but not perfect yet...I have too much time and money in her to sell, at least right now.

I very much appreciate all of the tips/PM's from the members here, you're a great bunch of enthusiasts. There are too many of you to list, you know who you are; thanks again guys.

TiTo35
03-31-2008, 02:31 PM
Some1 JUST posted TWO on ebay!

RedMustang
04-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Any luck yet ??

I am also looking.

dpotter
04-27-2008, 06:33 AM
Got mine, she's awaiting pickup by a hauler, hope to have her in the garage later this week. Will post up details and a few pics once she arrives. PM sent.

Got mine off eBay, 53K miles, clean and bone stock from a 70 year old guy in CA.

Good luck,

dhp

TAKEDOWN
04-27-2008, 10:03 PM
There's a blue one for sale in outside suburb of chicago, look under autotrader.com use zip code 60602, 2003-04 merc/marauder. Based on pictures, really looks good-mint.