3) qwk detail - Meguiar's
4) glaze - Meguiar's #7
5) wax - Collinite, 2 layers
6) rubber - Vinlyex
7) Megtips - Blue Magic
8) Leather - Lexol
9) windows - Zip nostreak
10) carpet- Tuff Stuff / scotchguard.

Anyone have a product they like on the clearcoated wheels?

I am pleased with the results. I have never had any swirls. After a car wash I got spider webs, must have had grit in the towels they used to dry it. Interesting in that the same car wash had previoulsy washed it w/o causing spider webs.

There are only a handful of factory paint imperfections, but the paint is soft and thin.

Went to a drive up that the local car clubs use, it was MOPAR nite. An awesome black '72 Charger 440 Magnum, '71 383 Superbee, Challener 340 Magnum Convert and Cud'a 340 Magnum Convert.

In my youth I used to spend every weekend hopping up various Chargers, some we F!@# Up, some we got right! Won many a race in them.

I would like to own that black '72 Charger, perfect, esp. the paint.
:) :) :)

sandman
08-03-2003, 12:18 PM
I used to use Meguires wheel polish on my 94 F150 and they looked great till the day I traded it on the MM. I don't know the exact name of it but it comes in a small jar ...says its safe for clearcoated wheels. When I got the MM I thought I would try the Mothers to see if its any better ...I don't like it as much as the Meguires, when it's gone I will switch back.
Hope this helps!

Russ

Rob1559
08-03-2003, 12:28 PM
After a wash I use Armorall on the tires then with the overspray I just use a clean towel to wipe down the wheels. Looks great. I am scared to use anything that might harm the cleancoat. I had aluminum rims on a Suzuki GS1000 and it was a pain using Mothers on them to keep them looking good.

#1MarauderFan
08-03-2003, 02:52 PM
It must have taken u all day to do this. I just finished washing my MM and Came inside for a small break before I go and clean the windows and take the bugs off my front bumper. Do u recommend anything for really tough and stubborn bugs that always mess up the bumper?

:beer: :up: :rock:

sailsmen
08-03-2003, 02:58 PM
Turtle Wax Bug and Tar Remover. Took 6.5 hours.

A great thing to buff the wax off are the new microfiber cloths.

Be careful of the cloths you use, bought a pack of 100% cotton detail cloths from Walmart. They are not 100% cotton, will definitely scratch the paint, they are going straight back to Walmart. Stcik to name brands like Viking or Detailers Choice or Turtle Wax, ect.

#1MarauderFan
08-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks I use Gunk Bug n Tar Remover but it still leaves a spot where the bug use to be! U must be in good condition it took u that long. Overhere in South Tx I would not last that long outside even under the shade!

TripleTransAm
08-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by #1MarauderFan
Do u recommend anything for really tough and stubborn bugs that always mess up the bumper?

Concentrated car shampoo... it doesn't get any gentler than this.

#1MarauderFan
08-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Any brand or what brand of concentrated shampoo would be good?

TripleTransAm
08-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by #1MarauderFan
Any brand or what brand of concentrated shampoo would be good?

Can't say which one's better... on my Zaino'ed car, I use concentrated Zaino shampoo. On my Mother'ed cars, I use concentrated Mothers shampoo. *shrug*

Usually I just dab a quarter-sized blob of pure car shampoo and lather up the front end. It does a good job of dissolving bug guts and they scrape off real easy. This, based on the recommendation on both Mothers' and Zaino's web sites.

#1MarauderFan
08-03-2003, 03:32 PM
ok i'll try to get either one cause I am trying to get the suckers off but they refuse even after death. I have my laptop outside getting informed by u guys and cleaning my car at the same time. I am really pissed because these insects can be really stubborn.

sailsmen
08-03-2003, 04:03 PM
I will try the car wash next time. Did the detail over 2 days, too hot here.

Even though I work out 6 days a week I too would melt or drop dead.

Mikeenh
08-03-2003, 05:39 PM
I spray Simple Green on my bugs.Strong but gentle :coolman:

Bigdogjim
08-03-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Mikeenh
I spray Simple Green on my bugs.Strong but gentle :coolman:

Simple green works on lots of tuff jobs.

Great under the hood!

TripleTransAm
08-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by sailsmen
I will try the car wash next time. Did the detail over 2 days, too hot here.

Even though I work out 6 days a week I too would melt or drop dead.

You said it. Been hot and EXTREMELY humid these days, especially in my garage. This evening I had to pull the car out of the garage to finish off the removal of a drying Z2 layer, made it just in time before the thunder came.

I wonder what sweat droplets do to Zaino. LOL!

drobin
08-03-2003, 07:33 PM
To remove bugs, I find the absolute best thing to use are the wife's hand me down panty hose, (no joke) but its best to take a scissors and cut everthing out (including the toe part) and discard everthing except the nylon leg material... Used in combination with a good car wash (Zano) you can't beat the results. NEVER use anything harsh or a bug removing pad... if you don't want to scratch our soft clearcoated painted vehicles..... My MM has never been washed my anyone but me and I still have the regular run of the mill problems...I also use this to clean the outside mirrors....

The polished wheels are something else and requires careful cleaning. Use car wash shampoo, wet down wheel and scrub lighty with a very soft bristle wheel brush. Towel dry to keep from spotting. To polish, use any quality type (non abrasive) polish.

That's my technique, so does anyone have a better way?

Donald

AFJsvt
08-03-2003, 08:11 PM
Not an MM owner.......yet ;) , BUT a technique I learned from another message board seems to do a good job of removing those nasty bugs. Take a hot, damp towel and lay it over the bumper/hood for several minutes. The bugs come right off! Guts & all!

Petrograde
08-03-2003, 08:46 PM
Be careful with Simple Green. We used to use it to wash helicopters with it when I was in the Army. It worked very well! A little too well actually! It started eating the paint, and these helicopters have some extrordinarily strong paint! I'm also told it greatly aided in corriosion of metal.

It's still some of the best stuff out there. I dilute it with at least 50% water. It takes me less then an hour to clean off the kamakaze bugs from the whole front end and mirrors with that and a soft sponge.

Just thought I'd let you guys know. :D