PDA

View Full Version : Unique Buying Opportunity

JWLock
01-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I have #3335 already, and have a chance to get #5402. Am I nuts in thinking of getting a 2nd one? :) (I can get it for $12K, but it's a one-time opportunity as it goes to a wholesale used car auction on Monday if I don't pick it up this weekend).

Mine still needs a little work (door trim and one small dent you won't notice unless it's pointed out to you and either a flat spot or separated belt on one of the new tires I just got :( ). The other, I am going to look at tomorrow first, but my understanding is that it just needs a good detailing inside and out, and the usual stuff (i.e. subwoofer foam LOL ). But, under 60K Miles, I would think 12K is reasonable, comments?

Side questions are:
1: anyone up here own the 5402? :)
2: When is the next Quaker Steak meet?

JWLock
01-04-2008, 06:59 PM
The other one is 5404.. not 5402... :)

Bigdogjim
01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Nothing wrong with wanting another marauder :up:

ImpalaSlayer
01-04-2008, 08:49 PM
thats a steal go for it it. i paid almost 10 grand more for mine in augest! :banghead:

CRUZTAKER
01-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Ok...so how exactly are you figuring out what number you have when Marquis' were mixed in sequence during the manufacturing?

It sounds cool and official however.

Was I high and off site when this ability materialized and announced to the masses?

JWLock
01-04-2008, 11:54 PM
I saw other people posting, so I assumed it was the Production sequence # (which is not the same as the VIN Serial, but its closer here than on my Ranger, the seq# for the ranger isn't even close to the last digits of the VIN at all (it is for the Marauder though). I was told in the case of my truck, it's because the Mazda B-Series pickups were made on the same line. I could be way off though. Someone smack me if I am :)

I also found this:
for 2003, Black Exterior:
1059 with charcoal interior,
842 have CD changers,
873 have heated seats.

147 with flint interior,
105 have CD changers,
100 have heated seats.

Mine has both CD Changer and heated seats, so my next question is.. What's the difference between flint and charcoal interiors?

Interior Codes:
GW = Charcoal (My current one is this one, not sure on the other)
GC: Flint

JWLock
01-05-2008, 12:04 AM
And I will admit I couldv be wrong. Might be a mistake assuming.. LOL

rayjay
01-05-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm curious as to why the dealer is going to wholesale a MM. Buyer beware?

jdando
01-05-2008, 09:06 AM
PM RoyLPita (Brian) for an OASIS report stat :)

He should be able to get all the dealer repair info.

jeremy

CRUZTAKER
01-05-2008, 10:26 AM
And I will admit I couldv be wrong. Might be a mistake assuming.. LOL

I am certainly not harrassing you...just curious if I missed something.
We have never been able to nail down what number we were off the production line.

It sounds really cool, but unfortunately inaccurate.;)

FordNut
01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
We have never been able to nail down what number we were off the production line.

Brian (RoyLPita) has recently found a way to figure out the production sequence from the VIN. Production sequence is NOT the same as the VIN however.

I've sent him my VIN #'s but still waiting for sequence info.

JWLock
01-05-2008, 01:59 PM
FordNut is right. To give a little insight though as to the deal:
1: The place that is selling it wholesale won't sell any vehicles on the lot less than 5 years old or has more than 50,000 miles on it, no exceptions.

2: I Pulled the carfax, only thing I found there was that the windshield was replaced.

3: I verified the deal with the numbers I was given. The Sequence Numbers don't have any tie to which MM it is, only which car off that particular line for that month (bummer), which explains why mine made in 04/03 has a lower # than the other one, which in looking closely was made 06/02 according to the door label.

I may ping RoyLPita to get the actual info on mine.. right now I am waiting on financing info to see if I can get the other one.

Here's some differences I noticed (this is what the one I am trying to get has in comparison to the one I already have):

On The Lot:
No Traction Control switch
No Heated Seats
Does Have the remote fuel door
Does have front pockets on the seats
Does have the full size spare on the aluminum wheel
Does have the clock separate from the radio

One I have now:
Does Have No Traction Control switch
Does Have Heated Seats
Does NOT Have the remote fuel door
Does NOT have front pockets on the seats
Does NOT have the full size spare on the aluminum wheel
Does NOT have the clock separate from the radio

Clearly different between the two.

The other one smoked a little bit when we cranked it up, but after that, it sounded good, had no obvious issues aside from some scratches in the paint and interior). CARFAX shows it was sold here in Charlotte, and had only one owner, had the windshield replaced at some point, but otherwise no issues.

teamrope
01-05-2008, 02:51 PM

Barry, RoyLPita cracked the code about to or 3 weeks ago. My black is 4389 of 7839, Lindas DTR is 2257 of 3213

JWLock
01-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Per RoyL:
One I have is:
7316 out of 7839

One I may be getting (now pending financial arrangements and the actual "Drive off" price):
1554 out of 7839

So, those around Charlotte, keep an eye out for two of em... :)

RoyLPita
01-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Brian (RoyLPita) has recently found a way to figure out the production sequence from the VIN. Production sequence is NOT the same as the VIN however.

I've sent him my VIN #'s but still waiting for sequence info.

You have a PM.

CRUZTAKER
01-05-2008, 05:56 PM
Barry, RoyLPita cracked the code about to or 3 weeks ago......

What!:eek:

Did someone make a post regarding that?
That should be stickied!

WTG Brian!!! :bows:

I guess I need to send a vin PM to you, and apologize to everyone for being out of the loop on that one. :fishslap:

JWLock
01-05-2008, 07:01 PM
Brian, many thanks for the info. Much appreciated :)

Looks like I will have "twins" in the driveway by the end of next week.

Marauderman
01-08-2008, 05:57 AM

.......and where might this be once again....let me know when your up to meeting up near Graham --wasn't it???--good weather of course...and I'll bring Red Line Beauty out to meet your(s) MM(s)....and having two MM's would be GREAT in my opinion!!!!!!! Good Luck

ckadiddle
01-08-2008, 07:57 AM
yah...you definitely need a second Marauder. You will be twice as happy!
:banana2::banana2:

Marauderman
01-09-2008, 04:59 AM
:bump::bump:

.......and where might this be once again....let me know when your up to meeting up near Graham --wasn't it???--good weather of course...and I'll bring Red Line Beauty out to meet your(s) MM(s)....and having two MM's would be GREAT in my opinion!!!!!!! Good Luck

Marauderman
01-22-2008, 08:12 PM

Well...............did you every get it????????????? you have twins ??????????????--Haven't heard !!!!!!!!!!!!