PDA

View Full Version : Will I need more tuning done?

Motorhead350
01-08-2008, 12:06 AM
...if I put on Kooks Headers?

CRUZTAKER
01-08-2008, 12:13 AM
No.

Where in THEEE hell are you getting all this money? :D:rolleyes:

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-08-2008, 12:17 AM
He's been talking about these headers since last get together last year. Hope you can finally do it Dom.

sailsmen
01-08-2008, 05:35 AM
No.

Break Dancing!
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/showcase/files/6/7/2/break-dancer-balancing-upside-down--42-16298218.jpg

magindat
01-08-2008, 05:55 AM
Dom, the car MAY go lean esp with the SC. A ride on the dyno just to verify AF would be wise. A retune will net more HP than the header install alone.

Zack
01-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Yes you will need to get on the dyno Dominick!

PS, I can install them!

ckadiddle
01-08-2008, 07:59 AM
No.

I have often wondered this about many of you folks. :D

ImpalaSlayer
01-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I have often wondered this about many of you folks. :D

true dat!!

Motorhead350
01-08-2008, 02:34 PM
I have been saving, but I can't blow all my money at once. How I get my money is no ones business... I get it just like everyone else, I earn it. I just wanna know these things before I get into them. It's not like I will ask and do it in the same hour, actually this is still months away if I decide to do it this year, I have more important things to be worried about.

CRUZTAKER
01-08-2008, 11:00 PM
I have been saving, but I can't blow all my money at once......

Dom....your'e 22....you bought a Marauder....you bought a blower....now you are looking into a $2000 exhaust system....

Where -t -f did I go wrong?

At 22, I could barely pay off my Sears card and I actually had military training and was telephone central office technician.

You play in a band!!!!:D

Hook a mid aged guy up please. I just bought a blower, and just paid off my first new car. I am twice your age....what's your secret?

Comon...give it up!

O's Fan Rich
01-09-2008, 06:56 AM
No.

I vote Pimpin'

And yes you'll need a retune if you're going to drive it hard.... if.

Paul T. Casey
01-09-2008, 08:58 AM
+1 for the re-tune. Not a bad idea after ANY mod for optimum performance.
+1 for the money question also. Maybe he doesn't have all the "bad habits" some of us did at age 22!

TooManyFords
01-09-2008, 09:15 AM
...if I put on Kooks Headers?

Yes. By moving the O2 sensors farther down the tubes you will need to adjust that in the tune.

John

TooManyFords
01-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Dom....your'e 22....you bought a Marauder....you bought a blower....now you are looking into a $2000 exhaust system....

At 22, I could barely pay off my Sears card and I actually had military training and was telephone central office technician.

Hook a mid aged guy up please. I just bought a blower, and just paid off my first new car. I am twice your age....what's your secret?

Comon...give it up!

Christ on a bicycle! By 22 I had my first million.

Don't tell Dom! Then everyone will want to be a millionaire!

:D

Motorhead350
01-09-2008, 12:05 PM

Comon...give it up!

Don't smoke, Don't drink, don't get anyone pregent. Work hard, don't spend more than you have to, use the train to get to school, eat food at daddys place for free, don't be a nut for spending all the time, save half of the paycheck and save for other things... also when it it is time to spend make sure you are not broke when you get what you want.
Sorry John I'm only trying to help others. :cool:

ckadiddle
01-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Don't smoke, Don't drink, don't get anyone pregent. Work hard, don't spend more than you have to, use the train to get to school, eat food at daddys place for free, don't be a nut for spending all the time, save half of the paycheck and save for other things... also when it it is time to spend make sure you are not broke when you get what you want.
Sorry John I'm only trying to help others. :cool:
Dom is a smart kid. :D

Wish I had been that smart when I was his age. Not so sure I will ever be as smart with my money as he is.

Motorhead350
01-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks man, but I do spend my money on stupid things sometimes... like when I paid $125 for a record about a year ago. I won't do that again. :D

1stMerc
02-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Sure you will. You're about to do the last big ticket item to the M, so you'll have money to burn.:D

NATEHAWK
02-02-2008, 12:56 PM
I will be getting my stainless works exhaust done so will my trilogized MM be ok to drive until I go to Lidio's shop? Im getting a few things done there plus a retune on the dyno for a few other things.