PDA

View Full Version : Bluesmobile to get a facelift

SC Cheesehead
01-21-2008, 05:50 AM
E-dubb had the MM over the weekend while the Ms. and I were out of town.

Ran into some black ice and slid into a concrete barrier with the nose of the car. No heavy damage, but looks like I'll be getting a new bumper cover.

Shazbat!

SCCH

Zack
01-21-2008, 06:35 AM
Thanks for ruining my morning.

Bluerauder
01-21-2008, 06:42 AM
E-dubb had the MM over the weekend while the Ms. and I were out of town.

Ran into some black ice and slid into a concrete barrier with the nose of the car. No heavy damage, but looks like I'll be getting a new bumper cover.

Shazbat!

SCCH
Sorry to hear about the damage to the Bluesmobile. Hope E-dubb is OK, too. Please DO NOT post any pics of the damage. This is getting too difficult to handle. ;)

SC Cheesehead
01-21-2008, 07:03 AM
Thanks for ruining my morning.

Yeah, tell me about it.

Anyway, I hope to have a nice shiny Blue nose just in time for Kentucky.

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
01-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Sorry to hear about the damage to the Bluesmobile. Hope E-dubb is OK, too. Please DO NOT post any pics of the damage. This is getting too difficult to handle. ;)

Yeah, E-Dubb's fine. He felt really bad about it, and is going to help pay for repairs.

On the bright side, the nose had a bunch of small scrapes and scratches from the previous owner that were too deep to buff out. I guess now I won't have to worry about them any more!:rolleyes:

SCCH

Zack
01-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Yeah, tell me about it.

Anyway, I hope to have a nice shiny Blue nose just in time for Kentucky.

SCCH

I dont think you deserve a BLUE

OH SNAP

SC Cheesehead
01-21-2008, 07:17 AM
I dont think you deserve a BLUE

OH SNAP
:mad2:DOH!!:mad2:

You, you, you.....Reprobate!

SCCH

1of327
01-21-2008, 08:14 AM
Who's slogan is "the big blue bad luck magnet" cuz that sure is the truth...I have to replace my fender and header panel still. I gonna try to repair the bumper cover cuz they are like 500 bucks...I say post the pics. can't be that bad.

rayjay
01-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Sorry to hear about the accident, glad no one was hurt.

knine
01-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Who's slogan is "the big blue bad luck magnet"
Fellow Blues Brother "ckadiddle". Is this what happens when I don't log in until late? NO SOUP FOR YOU !!

1of327
01-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Fellow Blues Brother "ckadiddle". Is this what happens when I don't log in until late? NO SOUP FOR YOU !!

Sorry, won't happen again :bows:

knine
01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Hey! Who let the DTR in? Oh well, he's a nice guy and makes a good point. Glad no one was injured......save the pride.

Sorry, won't happen again :bows:
Glad to see you finally got the flag fixed, now back to your hole !! :tantrum:

1of327
01-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Glad to see you finally got the flag fixed, now back to your hole !! :tantrum:[/quote]

Yessum boss...:alone:

knine
01-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Glad to see you finally got the flag fixed, now back to your hole !! :tantrum:

Yessum boss...:alone:[/quote]
Celebrating "BLUE MONDAY" a little too literal, aren't you? Come on, cheer up, you own a BLUE ! BLUE MONDAY does not affect us !! It's our day to cheer. HAve a BLUE MOON !!:rolleyes:

1of327
01-21-2008, 10:22 AM
I very well may....thats some good Sh&*...Lots of Bars in Federal Hill, Baltimore

DOOM
01-21-2008, 11:58 AM
glad the damage wasnt too severe.

SC Cheesehead
01-21-2008, 12:26 PM

glad the damage wasnt too severe.

Thanks guys.

Ironic thing was E-Dubb wasn't even screwing around, just hit some ice with the front end while he was turning, and it slid off at an angle into the concrete barrier; actually just brushed it enough to damage the bumper cover. He feels really bad about it, and is going to pay for repairs, so in the whole scheme of things, no big deal.

As Ray said, no one was hurt, that's the important part.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
01-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Glad no one was hurt.

frdwrnch
02-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Yeah, those scratches in the front fascia were pissin' me off too. Glad you're gettin that taken care of for me. Hope all else is well.

magindat
02-06-2008, 06:14 AM
Who's slogan is "the big blue bad luck magnet" cuz that sure is the truth...I have to replace my fender and header panel still. I gonna try to repair the bumper cover cuz they are like 500 bucks...I say post the pics. can't be that bad.

That would be Pete. ckadiddle.

magindat
02-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Just saw this thread. Glad everyone's OK, Rex.

BTW, with the embroidery thread going, you guys still got those Light Flint headrests?

SILVERSURFER03
02-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Hope It All Works Out Before Kent. Im Glad Everyone Is Ok...paint And A New Cover Alot Easier To Fix.... It's Well You Know......

SC Cheesehead
02-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Just saw this thread. Glad everyone's OK, Rex.

BTW, with the embroidery thread going, you guys still got those Light Flint headrests?

Yeah, I do. PM me with your address, I think a got a real deal for you.

SC Cheesehead
02-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Hope It All Works Out Before Kent. Im Glad Everyone Is Ok...paint And A New Cover Alot Easier To Fix.... It's Well You Know......

Yeah, car is scheduled to go in the first week in March.

Mike
02-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Sorry to hear about BLUE :alone: but at least no one got hurt and damage was minimal.

SC Cheesehead
02-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Sorry to hear about BLUE :alone: but at least no one got hurt and damage was minimal.

Yeah, we get one, maybe two snowy/icy days a year down here, and E-Dubb happened to be driving the Bluesmobile on one of them.

Actually, this is probably a good thing, as the front bumper cover had some scratches in it from the previous owner that I couldn't get buffed out, (as pointed out in earlier thread from frdwrnch) so this will get the front end in like-new condition.

SCCh

Marauderman
02-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah, we get one, maybe two snowy/icy days a year down here, and E-Dubb happened to be driving the Bluesmobile on one of them.

Actually, this is probably a good thing, as the front bumper cover had some scratches in it from the previous owner that I couldn't get buffed out, (as pointed out in earlier thread from frdwrnch) so this will get the front end in like-new condition.

SCCh

glad all is working out for ya there cheese......but don't forget about those poles when backing up---....whooops.....that was our secret---darn it--forgot-sorry.......

SC Cheesehead
02-10-2008, 07:24 PM
glad all is working out for ya there cheese......but don't forget about those poles when backing up---....whooops.....that was our secret---darn it--forgot-sorry.......
Yeah, got a quote for that, too, but will probably wait on that for a bit; may try to buff it out a little more.

SCCH

SC Cheesehead
03-03-2008, 08:14 AM
Yeah, car is scheduled to go in the first week in March.

Dropped off the Bluesmobile at the body shop this morning. Lady getting out of the car next to me commented on the "pretty Crown Victoria" I was driving.:mad2:

Heading up to Indy on Wednesday, will pick the car up Friday p.m. when I get home. Will need to do some "spring cleaning" under the hood and Zaino the exterior prior to the Kentucky trip for the first annual BLUES BROS. National MM Meet.

SCCH

Bluerauder
03-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Dropped off the Bluesmobile at the body shop this morning.

SCCH
You have been driving around in a damaged Blue MM for 5 weeks?? :o Your membership in the "Blues Brothers" has been temporarily moved to the Double Secret Probation file until this situation is corrected. ;)

Just kidding ... hope she is back to "like new" soon.

SC Cheesehead
03-03-2008, 08:35 AM
You have been driving around in a damaged Blue MM for 5 weeks?? :o Your membership in the "Blues Brothers" has been temporarily moved to the Double Secret Probation file until this situation is corrected. ;)

Just kidding ... hope she is back to "like new" soon.

No kidding, the body shop I'm using had a backlog. It was that or MAACO....:rolleyes:

SCCH

Bigdogjim
03-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Heading up to Indy on Wednesday, will pick the car up Friday p.m. when I get home. Will need to do some "spring cleaning" under the hood and Zaino the exterior prior to the Kentucky trip for the first annual BLUES BROS. National MM Meet.

SCCH

I trust you are all wearing black suits and white shirts?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SC Cheesehead
03-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I trust you are all wearing black suits and white shirts?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well, I did get me a new hat for the deal....:o

SCCH

Jake (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000004/): Look at you, in those candy-assed monkey suits.
Willie 'Too Big' Hall (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0356226/): At least we got a change of clothes. You're wearing the same ***** you had on three years ago.

SC Cheesehead
03-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Got the Bluesmobile back, nice job repairing the front bumper cover.

Good as new....maybe even better!:D

SCCH

MM2004
03-08-2008, 09:56 AM

SCCH

Excellent!

Keep her nose clean for the KY meet.

Mike.

SC Cheesehead
03-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Excellent!

Keep her nose clean for the KY meet.

Mike.

Thanks!

Looking forward to KY.

Now if I can just get some nice weather to get the rest of the car cleaned up and Zainoed.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
03-22-2008, 07:34 AM

SCCH

How about some pics!