PDA

View Full Version : Future products

Dennis Reinhart
08-05-2003, 03:25 PM
Right now we are working on a ported and extrude honed upper and lower intake manifold I am confident this may provide a substantial HP gain, I am also in the stages of accepting a new Marauder and I am rebuilding the motor completely and installing the new Vortech SQ Trim I am expecting 16 pounds boost and 550 RWHP, so I am as busy as I have been in a long time, its all do to you the members here, I thank you for your support and patients, I will keep you posted.

Dennis

Dr Caleb
08-05-2003, 03:29 PM
Wow. DR Stage 3. :faints: *thud*

martyo
08-05-2003, 03:30 PM
And just today I was commenting to a fellow member, "What can I do next?" Dennis just about owns my car! Now I just need some sort of distinctive badging to let the world know that I have a "Reinhart" car!

By the way Dennis, the front and rear brakes, headers, and sway bar are all in. The car is awesome.

"Thanks for your help!"

RF Overlord
08-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Dennis:

Will this new intake manifold setup produce more power in the lower RPMs, where we need it most, or will it be mostly upper?

Dennis Reinhart
08-05-2003, 06:04 PM
The RPM and torque range will be tested and verified on the dyno, my goal is to have 300 RWHP to the wheels on a N/A Marauder

RF Overlord
08-05-2003, 06:06 PM
Rock on, Dennis...!

sailsmen
08-05-2003, 06:10 PM
Wow Dennis! When it comes to the Marauder you are the Man!

I think how my Marauder would be with out you, thanks to you the fun factor is way up!:D :) :) :) :) :D

Dennis Reinhart
08-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Well its not just me, its lots of others, we all have strived to improve this car.

O's Fan Rich
08-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
The RPM and torque range will be tested and verified on the dyno, my goal is to have 300 RWHP to the wheels on a N/A Marauder

Is this without any other mods? I'm waiting for 36k before I do anything, but that sounds like a fantastic start.

nomad
08-05-2003, 06:34 PM
The conversation went something like this.
Honey,Dennis is working on something new for the car.
"You mean THAT car?"
Well,yeah.
"NO!"
Don,t you even want to know what it is?
"NO!"
But,,
"NOO!!" You drive a 2003 car,a 2002 truck,and a '99 motorcycle!,
all I want is to replace my 1996 Explorer with a new one! Is that too much to ask?"
Well,gee no,honey.But, don't you have some of your own money?
SLAM!!!!! went the door.
Hmmm, maybe I could have phrased that a weeee bit differently?
Oh well, women, ya can't live with em, ya can,t live without em.
:alone:

Dennis Reinhart
08-05-2003, 06:49 PM
Well of course chip plugs stat exhaust, underdrives, we have also determined that that a stock Marauder has a fuel delivery problem, this is not a critical issue for N/A but it is for S/C cars, I will write a nice article on this later on, basically the Marauder fuel pumps can run out of fuel at WOT if the tank is less than 1/4 full this could be devastating on any motor.

sailsmen
08-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Dennis, How did you first hook up with the Marauder and the Club? There must be a story.

Zack
08-05-2003, 07:11 PM
You guys buy the ported intake, I will install it for you. I will set a price after my first install (mine of course!)

Dennis Reinhart
08-05-2003, 07:17 PM
Well I was the first person to ever supercharge a Lincoln Mark 8, years ago I did this I put a Cobra Intake on my 1996 Mark 8, and a Vortech S Trim, with 8 PSI the only people that could come close to tuning it was Superchips, the problem then was no one knew how to work with the Lincoln computer, I ran the car for two years and lost a piston, I had a very famous car company in Florida build me a motor, it was a nightmare the engine had so much piston to cylinder wall clearance the motor sounded like a power stroke diesel, I lost 6,000 over this? So I had another motor made and no one could tune it right, in early 2001 I heard about my friend Jerry I drove 18 hours in the worst rainstorm of my life from Jacksonville Florida to Cleveland Ohio, Jerry had the car tuned in 1 hour perfect made 450 RWHP ran 11.7 SEC at 118 MPH. While there I seen the first test Marauder, and I fell in love with this car, I waited three years for this I wanted one in Blue, my goal is to build one that will run low11's/high10's and still be totally like a stock driving car till the hammer is dropped, my Mark 8 has been on the back burner it has a new motor now that made 568 RWHP this car will go 10's. But I love the Marauder, I also have a Blown 02 GT we are installing a custom cobra block with 2 V heads and a S trim 15 PSI this car will go 10's, so as you can tell I love Ford/Lincoln/Mercury

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/Mark8A.jpg

http://web.iwebcenters.com/reinhartautomotive/images/Markmotor.jpg

gja
08-05-2003, 07:34 PM
:::grumble grumble Bloody Dennis grumble grumble divorce all his damn fault grumble grumble living in the car lost house grumble grumble::::::

Zack
08-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Next thing you know Dennis will have the fastest Focus in the world. Oh my..

Dennis Reinhart
08-05-2003, 07:39 PM
LOL I like the big car ride but we have done some Focus to

drobin
08-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Zack, check your PM that I sent you... Thanks,

Donald

Slowpoke
08-05-2003, 09:04 PM
you might think about adding a baby seat to that Lincoln. When I have Jett back there and he is crying, time changes like one of those bullet-dodge scenes in The Matrix.

just a random thought generated in the silence of the moment...

martyo
08-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Dennis Reinhart
we have also determined that that a stock Marauder has a fuel delivery problem, this is not a critical issue for N/A but it is for S/C cars, I will write a nice article on this later on, basically the Marauder fuel pumps can run out of fuel at WOT if the tank is less than 1/4 full this could be devastating on any motor.

Dennis: I sent you some info on the fuel delivery issue. Did you receive it?

Oh yeah, and sign me up for that manifold. I just got back from running a full take of fuel (honestly) through my car after the header/sway bar/four corner brakes install on my car. Awesome!! Simply awesome.

Gentlemen, may I suggest that you get your credit cards out?

Bigdogjim
08-05-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by nomad
The conversation went something like this.
Honey,Dennis is working on something new for the car.
"You mean THAT car?"
Well,yeah.
"NO!"
Don,t you even want to know what it is?
"NO!"
But,,
"NOO!!" You drive a 2003 car,a 2002 truck,and a '99 motorcycle!,
all I want is to replace my 1996 Explorer with a new one! Is that too much to ask?"
Well,gee no,honey.But, don't you have some of your own money?
SLAM!!!!! went the door.
Hmmm, maybe I could have phrased that a weeee bit differently?
Oh well, women, ya can't live with em, ya can,t live without em.
:alone:

Now thats funny! Remember there is no winning! Only degrees of loosing:D

JLHARVEY1
08-06-2003, 12:40 AM
Is there any interest in developing CNC ported heads in the future? Maybe cams designed for a wider power range?

Tweety
08-06-2003, 01:22 AM
How bout a Manual MM? 6 speed?

Mad4Macs
08-06-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Tweety
How bout a Manual MM? 6 speed?

NOW YOU'RE TALKING!!! Maybe a chip is the answer, I don't know, but the way that this tranny REFUSES to downshift between 35 and 50 DRIVES ME NUTS!!! I swear that this car goes faster 0-65 than it does 35-65. And, for a performance oriented vehicle, it's waaaay too soft.
Anyone remember this quote? It's from Car&Driver... went something like this. "And it's not getting any assistance from a transmission that short-shifts as though programmed by the EPA."

RF Overlord
08-06-2003, 08:01 AM
Mad4:

You are correct...the only cure for the transmission blues is a chip or a dyno-tune...if you're REALLY adventurous, you could try doing the "J-mod" (http://www.tccoa.com/articles/tranny/shiftybusiness.html) (yes, it's the same Jerry...)

TripleTransAm
08-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Until I get a chip or a dyno tune, I get by (on the downshift issue) with a little manual help... either a flick of the OD-off button or, if I'm already in 3rd gear, I manually select 2nd gear. Nothing I can do about that torque converter clutch by myself, though... but to be honest, 95% of the situations where I need a little extra oomph is dealt with by the operations I listed above so I'll be okay until it's chipped or tuned.

When driving with wife and little son in the car, it sure beats pressing the pedal about 90% of the travel before a vicious downshift puts the 4.6 RIGHT smack in the powerband! Kind of fun when alone, though...