PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Marauder-folk!

PonyGuy
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Greetings from an old guy in Oswego, Illinois...
About 4 years ago, our old 1998 Mercury died in the middle of no-where; about halfway between "Fence Post" and "Cow Turd" in Tennessee. We limped (in second gear) about 50 miles down I-40 into a town called Dickson, Tennessee and a FoMoCo Dealer.
The service manager said "It'll take a week and about $3000 to fix it; you need a new transmission."
I asked if they couldn't just fix it?
"Nope! We replace 'em with a Ford factory remanufactured unit. Comes with a warranty."
So, there we were, in a spot. The dealer had us over a barrel, and he was fresh out of Vaseline. So, we fiddled around, got a motel room, and decided to just bite the bullet and buy a new car. We called around, and one dealer had just the car we wanted. He came to pick us up. When we got to his dealership, "That car was just sold a few minutes ago..." He didn't have the car we wanted. He tried to push us into something else. We wouldn't budge.

We went to another dealer the next day, and he had a gorgeous new 2004 Silver Birch Marauder with a light grey interior sitting on the lot. PERFECT!
Wife: "I hate that spoiler thing on the back."
Me: "But it's exactly what we decided to get!"
Wife: "I hate that spoiler thing on the back."
Me: "Why?"
Wife: "I'm tired of car-shopping. I want to go home now. They have a nice Gold colored Mercury over there... I like it."
Me: "But we decided on the Silver car with a Grey interior! And this one has it!"
Wife: "We'll take the Gold one, sir."
Me: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ponyguy/rant.gif
Wife: "Let's go home. It's ours now."
Me: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ponyguy/banghead.gif

Anyway, here's what we drove for the next 650 miles:
2004 Grandma Marquis LS Ultimate with HPP. It has every available option except the sunroof, which wasn't an option until after this car was built. Heated seats, side airbags, extra-strong security window glass (yes!), full-size spare, trunk organizer, AM/FM/Cassette/SingleCD/CD Changer, EATC and whatever else they could hang on it. Since then, I've added the chrome mirror caps, the GS "Special Edition" door sills, and I'm in the process of performing the "Marauder Intake & Tune" modification.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ponyguy/Datatransfer11-28-20061689.jpg

I shoulda hadda Marauderrrr... :bigcry:

TiTo35
01-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Todays lesson fellas....dont get married!:lol:

MACFORD88
01-23-2008, 12:19 AM
I Like Those Gm The Ultimate Nice.

DOOM
01-23-2008, 12:41 AM
Dude i aint NEVER gettin married. Too many times have i heard stories like this. Even though my girlfriend brought me my marauder as a birthday present its NEVER going to happen. Im really sorry you missed an opportunity to get the marauder you wanted. Hopefully one day you can trade the marquis and still get a marauder.

Bluerauder
01-23-2008, 04:35 AM
On the other hand, you can get one like I have. :D

On the morning of 4 October 2003, buying a new car was not even on my mind when out of the clear blue she says "Lets go look at those Marauders that you and your son have been talking about". :up:

Enroute to the dealer, she says "Its about time that you get something that YOU really want.:

The new MM was sitting in our driveway that afternoon. :burnout:

JMan
01-23-2008, 04:51 AM
All lessons aside, you get first pick next time. She has the car she wanted, next is your turn. By the way, an HPP LS ain't too shabby a ride anyway!

Best luck,

JMan

RoyLPita
01-23-2008, 04:59 AM
Welcome aboard.

As for my track record with women, When they say "either the car goes or I go," the car stays.

Enjoy the site.

ckadiddle
01-23-2008, 07:14 AM
Geeeeeee whiz.....MY wife just has us trade in the mustang for a Marauder.... and she wants it "fixed up" just like my MM...that means SPOILER, tune, mufflers and CAI. Dunno what's up with your wife....:dunno:

heh heh heh

Mebbe i should start up a consulting business helping some of youse guys pick out future wives?:D

PonyGuy
01-23-2008, 03:11 PM
All lessons aside, you get first pick next time. She has the car she wanted, next is your turn. By the way, an HPP LS ain't too shabby a ride anyway!

Best luck,

JMan

You're right, the GMQ LS is really just a Town Car in disguise. The leather seats are soft, warm (when the heaters are on) and really comfortable.

And yes, it wasn't too much later that I decided I needed the cute little Ranger Flareside Pickup truck that kept smiling at me as we drove past the local Ford dealer. Once I think I saw it wink at me, so I stopped in, and it came home with me. A fun truck, for sure!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ponyguy/Download07-29-2007096.jpg

MarauderTJA
01-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Geeeeeee whiz.....MY wife just has us trade in the mustang for a Marauder.... and she wants it "fixed up" just like my MM...that means SPOILER, tune, mufflers and CAI. Dunno what's up with your wife....:dunno:

heh heh heh

Mebbe i should start up a consulting business helping some of youse guys pick out future wives?:D

Your just one lucky guy:D. Hope to see both of you at the picnic.

03blackvegas
01-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Weird color.

knine
01-23-2008, 07:00 PM
FINALLY !!! Someone other than me gets it. !!!!!!!!!!:banana2::banana2:

Rocknthehawk
01-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Nice to see you made it over here Gene!

2 of my brothers have marauders

I'm Rocknthehawk on RPS, incase you didn't catch that.

UncleLar
01-23-2008, 10:36 PM
We had a saying in the service,Marry in haste,repent at leisure.
Believe me,it's true.

dohc324ci
01-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear that chief! I bought the Mustang and the Marauder with little or no fuss from the misses. Lucky I guess:) Been with her 16 years.

JamesHecker
01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
When my wife started to give me grief about buying the Marauder, I took the salesman's advice and told her "Resistance is Futile". ;)

However, I did give in to her when I decided to buy the Ford GT. You'll notice it is not in my signature.

UncleLar
01-24-2008, 12:33 AM
I was at an auto show in 1977 with my first ex and there was a guy showing a fully restored genuine 427 Cobra.The guy was nice enough to let me behind the ropes to check it out (once I stopped slobbering). After looking at it for a while I offered him $10 grand cash,my chopper,my old lady and my dog for it. The old lady got really po'd, I said yeah,Dillinger's a good dog,it ain't right to trade him. Can you believe she was mad for days after? Women,who can figure them out?