PDA

View Full Version : Marauderville 6 - St. Louis, MO 9/18-21

MM03MOK
01-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Yes, we're a little bit late with this. I hope some good, strong idea have been hatched and now's the time to put the thoughts together for another great national event. Here is the information that needs to be considered.

Lodging
Hotel must be affordable. Someone HAS to make an on-site visit to determine available facilities and quality of accommodations.
Amenities: High speed (preferably at no extra charge); dining room, banquet facility, bar, pool on-site preferred. Security is a must-have.
The hotel must be able to offer us a block of rooms with no less than 50 rooms and have ample parking. Consider ease of access and location to highways and suggested events. For very large group meals, off-site restaurants would be fine too.

Itinerary
Track: Closest ¼ mile drag strip and the cost of use. Road course or oval track may be considered. Because interest has waned for half day track rental, a Test and Tune is a viable option.

Things to see and do: plant/factory tours, museums, breweries, items of general interest to those not dragging. Cruises, car shows, anything automotive and/or transportation related.

Is there any event we can piggyback on? (ie FFW)

Cost
Proposed budget to cover all expenses. Funds can be raised with raffles, in addition to registration fees, sponsorships and donations, along with support from MM.Net. Affordability is key.

Relate why you feel that Marauderville 6 should be at your location. What makes it “special?”

Maraudervilles have traditionally been a Thursday through Sunday event. Fall (Sept/Oct) would be ideal, although other times will be considered depending on circumstances such as events we can piggyback on. Some Regional events are already planned in Seymour, IN the first weekend in Oct., and the Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout in early Nov.

Please submit your proposal to MM.Net@MercuryMarauder.Net by February 29, 2008. Follow-up on the proposal may be needed, so please include names and phone numbers of Members involved in the proposal.

Look for an announcement in early March for MV6!

Thank you in advance for those stepping up with proposals. MM.Net will work with your team to make this another great event! Please feel free to ask questions offline.<!-- / message -->

Pat
01-27-2008, 04:56 PM
The timing and so far the proposed locations are great for Patricia and me.

I'll have the funds to defray the cost by then.

I still volunteer to do anything the hosting entity wants of me.

MarauderTJA
01-28-2008, 07:11 AM
I am lookng forward to seeing where it will be this year.

magindat
01-28-2008, 07:46 AM
I actually was hoping and think it would be a great location as well as include our non-marauder members (GM's and CV's) to piggy back with SSHS8.

It was a great time. There were plenty of hotels. Everything was close-by.

Atlanta is just a short drive from the track area. There's lots to do there. I did the coca-cola thing on the way home, for example.

What do you think of that?

merc
01-28-2008, 08:44 AM
I actually was hoping and think it would be a great location as well as include our non-marauder members (GM's and CV's) to piggy back with SSHS8.

It was a great time. There were plenty of hotels. Everything was close-by.

Atlanta is just a short drive from the track area. There's lots to do there. I did the coca-cola thing on the way home, for example.

What do you think of that?

Have you been to a GM or CV event? Secondly, I don't know of anyone wanting to partner up with SSHS8. Meaning Marauderville combined with SSHS8. SSHS8 is a pipe dream at this point. I don't think many member, other then racers, would want to attend a November National Meet.

MERCMAN
01-28-2008, 09:03 AM
If you have a valid interest, feel free to submit a proposal. At this point, the field is wide open so get some facts and figures together and submit them. :up:

magindat
01-28-2008, 09:09 AM
Have you been to a GM or CV event?
No, do they suck?

Secondly, I don't know of anyone wanting to partner up with SSHS8. Meaning Marauderville combined with SSHS8. SSHS8 is a pipe dream at this point. I don't think many member, other then racers, would want to attend a November National Meet.
Just a thought. I had fun there!
But you're right. Not everyone wants to drag race.

merc
01-28-2008, 09:26 AM
[QUOTE=magindat;574539]No, do they suck?

They don't suck but not the best match.

I will submit a proposal the weekend after the Super Bowl for Bristol FFW. I will need some assistance from members in the Tennessee Tri-State Area. I personally don't want to take on the responsibility. I plan on focusing on racing and other competitions.

FastMerc
01-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I am ready and waiting guys, Need to put in for vacation for it.

jimlam56
01-28-2008, 06:29 PM
If you have a valid interest, feel free to submit a proposal. At this point, the field is wide open so get some facts and figures together and submit them. :up:
Agreed, and l I believe the point of this thread is proprosals, not suggestions.

N40GL
01-29-2008, 06:27 AM
After wading through vendors for last year's MVV, I don't want to get involved again. But here's a thought:

The CV folks have generally had a good reception when they scheduled a St. Thomas Assembly Plant tour. While it's kinda remote, and I have no clue what's up there drag-strip-wise, it might be nice to have Mercury Marauders returning to their ancestral home. I bet the locals get a kick out of it (and we won't act like juvenile delinquents racing up and down the road with our sirens on, like the P71/P72 crowd). I made the trip once and really enjoyed the personalized tour.

There's all kind of stuff on crownvic.net as I recall (I'm at work andcan't get to it right now), in case that helps planning.

Mark

FastMerc
01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
After wading through vendors for last year's MVV, I don't want to get involved again. But here's a thought:

The CV folks have generally had a good reception when they scheduled a St. Thomas Assembly Plant tour. While it's kinda remote, and I have no clue what's up there drag-strip-wise, it might be nice to have Mercury Marauders returning to their ancestral home. I bet the locals get a kick out of it (and we won't act like juvenile delinquents racing up and down the road with our sirens on, like the P71/P72 crowd). I made the trip once and really enjoyed the personalized tour.

There's all kind of stuff on crownvic.net as I recall (I'm at work andcan't get to it right now), in case that helps planning.

Mark
Good idea but I dont think they are building cars there anymore are they?

Aren Jay
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
St. Thomas is still there.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id =27475

I still say Calgary would be better.

QWK SVT
02-04-2008, 12:39 PM
St. Thomas is still there.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id =27475

I still say Calgary would be better.

There's also a decent dragstip within 20-minutes of the assembly plant... A Brewery tour within 35... London ON is a decent size (St. Thomas is almost like a 'burb of London), with hotels, restaurants and stuff, but Toronto is only about 2-hours away, with far more to do. Pipe dream to have it in my backyard, though... Needs to be more centrally located, to really attract membership from N-S-E-W.

glassman99
03-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Any news yet?

Ms. Denmark
03-23-2008, 07:37 AM
I'd consider Canada in the Fall.

03SILVERSTREAK
03-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes, we're a little bit late with this. I hope some good, strong idea have been hatched and now's the time to put the thoughts together for another great national event. Here is the information that needs to be considered.

Lodging
Hotel must be affordable. Someone HAS to make an on-site visit to determine available facilities and quality of accommodations.
Amenities: High speed (preferably at no extra charge); dining room, banquet facility, bar, pool on-site preferred. Security is a must-have.
The hotel must be able to offer us a block of rooms with no less than 50 rooms and have ample parking. Consider ease of access and location to highways and suggested events. For very large group meals, off-site restaurants would be fine too.

Itinerary
Track: Closest ¼ mile drag strip and the cost of use. Road course or oval track may be considered. Because interest has waned for half day track rental, a Test and Tune is a viable option.

Things to see and do: plant/factory tours, museums, breweries, items of general interest to those not dragging. Cruises, car shows, anything automotive and/or transportation related.

Is there any event we can piggyback on? (ie FFW)

Cost
Proposed budget to cover all expenses. Funds can be raised with raffles, in addition to registration fees, sponsorships and donations, along with support from MM.Net. Affordability is key.

Relate why you feel that Marauderville 6 should be at your location. What makes it “special?”

Maraudervilles have traditionally been a Thursday through Sunday event. Fall (Sept/Oct) would be ideal, although other times will be considered depending on circumstances such as events we can piggyback on. Some Regional events are already planned in Seymour, IN the first weekend in Oct., and the Southern Super Heavyweight Shootout in early Nov.

Please submit your proposal to MM.Net@MercuryMarauder.Net by February 29, 2008. Follow-up on the proposal may be needed, so please include names and phone numbers of Members involved in the proposal.

Look for an announcement in early March for MV6!

Thank you in advance for those stepping up with proposals. MM.Net will work with your team to make this another great event! Please feel free to ask questions offline.<!-- / message -->

Hows about here...

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/index.html

Blk Mamba
03-23-2008, 11:24 AM
How about the Cleve. Oh area, our engines were cast there, Rock & roll Hall of Fame, National Science Mues., the William G Mathers (lake freighter) USS Cobb, 2 Drag Strips within 30 miles, road course in 35 miles. East side has many upscale Restaurants, easy access to I-90, and Oh. 2, and Oh. 44, La Malfa, Holiday Inn, with many conference rooms, ( the local high school has the senior prom there, probably 600-700 kids, full banquet facilities, enclosed parking), many close sports bars, all classes of eating facilities, shopping, 3 different car cruises nearly every Fri. night, Etc., Etc.

Ms. Denmark
03-23-2008, 02:57 PM
I'd also consider NJ (make that a done deal!) or Cleveland.

Aren Jay
03-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I've given up on Calgary. I think they are closing down our race track.

Pinning more hopes on a rally, but I need practice driving long distance. I just got back from Edmonton and I'm dead tired. And when others drive i get car sick. Maybe that was just because the others I've driven with drive very badly.

If we did a Kansas or Nebraska(sp?) or Iowa Marauderville, then a Rally to there would be a good idea.

SC Cheesehead
03-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I still think Bristol would be a great spot.

SCCH

CRUZTAKER
03-23-2008, 07:39 PM
How about the Cleve. Oh area, our engines were cast there, Rock & roll Hall of Fame, National Science Mues., the William G Mathers (lake freighter) USS Cobb, 2 Drag Strips within 30 miles, road course in 35 miles. East side has many upscale Restaurants, easy access to I-90, and Oh. 2, and Oh. 44, La Malfa, Holiday Inn, with many conference rooms, ( the local high school has the senior prom there, probably 600-700 kids, full banquet facilities, enclosed parking), many close sports bars, all classes of eating facilities, shopping, 3 different car cruises nearly every Fri. night, Etc., Etc.

Hush...those are regional itineraries.:P

Ms. Denmark
03-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Iowa's good too!

freakstatus
03-24-2008, 09:22 AM
I'd love to be within driving distance of the event (6-10 hours). Anywhere in the Midwest U.S. would be great being from the West coast.

Vortex
03-24-2008, 10:57 AM
Someplace one (1) days drive for the majority of members here. That would seem to point to MO, TN, KY areas. We will need a decision on this soon.

Taemian
03-24-2008, 11:21 AM
I'd love to be within driving distance of the event (6-10 hours). Anywhere in the Midwest U.S. would be great being from the West coast.

10 hours to the midwest from Vancouver??? Not likely, unless you have a cloaking device! And a Twin Screw!;) Plan on two days travel time for us, my friend!:shake:

Haggis
03-24-2008, 11:37 AM
No MV6 oh well. Better luck next time.

FastMerc
03-24-2008, 07:07 PM
Hush...those are regional itineraries.:P
I knew that was coming hes a NEWBIE he will learn!:D

MM03MOK
04-07-2008, 08:04 PM
As announced at the Third Annual Kentucky Meet, Marauderville 6 will be held in St. Louis, September 18-21. Three Cheers :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for Yo Vic for putting some great ideas and plans together. Many more details to come so....

SAVE THE DATES

Thursday, Sept. 18 - Sunday, Sept. 21, 2008

Blackened300a
04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
As announced at the Third Annual Kentucky Meet, Marauderville 6 will be held in St. Louis, September 18-21. Three Cheers :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: for Yo Vic for putting some great ideas and plans together. Many more details to come so....

SAVE THE DATES

DAMN!!! I have a wedding that weekend. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

knine
04-07-2008, 08:25 PM
NO YOU DON'T.

St. Louis....hmmmmm, Anheiser Busch tour (I'll supply the Dalmatians ;)), Arch tour. Football game???

Vortex
04-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Has any final decision been made on this or is it still everyone making suggestions time?

MM03MOK
04-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Has any final decision been made on this or is it still everyone making suggestions time?

SAVE THE DATES

^^^^^^^^^^

1stMerc
04-07-2008, 08:39 PM

Bring the wedding here under the ARCH, (now that would be a memory). We have several clergy that can perform the ceremony. Also, can probably talk the mayor into doing it as well.

ctrlraven
04-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Will keep the date open and check back when details come around.

Embassy
04-07-2008, 09:20 PM
As of now, I am looking planning on attending.

This will be the Merc's second time in St. Louis.

Click. (http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/18556/63343)

Vortex
04-07-2008, 09:40 PM
St Louis then, sounds good, I can do that!

DOOM
04-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Im ready for another road trip.

whd507
04-08-2008, 04:48 AM
we'll be there, I can perform the wedding as well...

now the detailing...

eric jones
04-08-2008, 05:02 AM
I think STL would be the perfect place! but I am a little biased since I live in the immediate area. On the serious side, we have Gateway International Raceway(drag strip and Oval track) the Arch, Anheuser-Busch, the historic route 66 and many other attractions. Lots of hotel accomodations, and easy access to the interstates. Maybe some of the other guys here in the area could chime in and point out some of the things I didn't mention. I don't have much free time but I would be willing to do some searching for hotel pricing and track availability.

TooManyFords
04-08-2008, 05:08 AM
Excellent choice, St. Louis. Congratulations!

I will have just finished Drag Week 2008 the previous week and we're rumored to be going south of Iowa, so hopefully I'll have scouted out the race tracks that will be close. More on that as the DW2008 plans come together.

See you all at MV6.

John

SILVERSURFER03
04-08-2008, 05:11 AM
as of right now st.louis is out .... nats (tcbo1) new job. not blamming her she needed a new job to make her happy... and yes she's happy all ya'll ..... so that leaaves me to blame..... and i except that.. but as we all know things change and there is time to try to make it work... will keep in touch

SID210SA
04-08-2008, 05:44 AM
Time to start the Convoy Threads!!! :woohoo:

Cant wait to meet alot of you!!! The rest of you, well we'll have to see!!! :rofl:

knine
04-08-2008, 06:10 AM
as of right now st.louis is out .... nats (tcbo1) she needed a new job to make her happy...
You can come alone :eek:

Bluerauder
04-08-2008, 08:15 AM
I am in as long as "werk" ... "WERK" doesn't interfere. Dropping it on the calendar right now. Here's hoping that my planned trip to the Arizona desert in September gets slipped a couple weeks.

This one will be 862 miles one-way so I'll plan to split it over two easy days rather than one long day. :D

DOOM
04-08-2008, 08:37 AM
as of right now st.louis is out .... nats (tcbo1) new job. not blamming her she needed a new job to make her happy... and yes she's happy all ya'll ..... so that leaaves me to blame..... and i except that.. but as we all know things change and there is time to try to make it work... will keep in touch

Come solo.

SID210SA
04-08-2008, 09:36 AM
This one will be 862 miles one-way so I'll plan to split it over two easy days rather than one long day. :D

About 960 miles for me!! wow!!

Aren Jay
04-08-2008, 09:55 AM
1850 miles for me.

Would take me four days to get there.

I still think more than one meeting place should be used.

One east one west and one north then spring for a teleconference link from a hotel reception room, at each place, during a dinner or some such thing.

Maybe Marauderville 7?

Say Las Vegas, Edmonton and Louisville (Kentucky). All about equally far for everyone to drive, except Dr. Caleb.

Edmonton because of West Edmonton Mall (could just a easy be Calgary with the Stampede or Vancouver). Las Vegas because it is Las Vegas and Kentucky because of the great Marauder atmosphere there. I picked Louisville because it is the biggest city but you may know somewhere better.

Any thoughts of this?

Bigdogjim
04-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Life sucks as I have a wedding to attend on 9/20. :bigcry:

Blackened300a
04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Life sucks as I have a wedding to attend on 9/20. :bigcry:

Wow you know my friend Chris too???? :lol:

Im in his wedding so its not like I can get out of going.

According to Mapquest....
Total Estimated Time: 15.0 hours 42 minutes Total Estimated Distance: 968.12 miles

Maybe going to the wedding isnt such a bad thing.

Bigdogjim
04-08-2008, 12:04 PM

Total Estimated Time: 15.0 hours 42 minutes Total Estimated Distance: 968.12 miles

968 miles is a half days running in a marauder:)

bythewaymapquestsucks....

Fourth Horseman
04-08-2008, 02:48 PM
St. Louis is within road trip range for me, so I'm going to definitely try to make this one. Anybody else from out West planning on going? Definitely would like to convoy out there if possible.

my_rodder
04-08-2008, 03:10 PM
I can make this trip in a day, know it by heart. I have a few things I want to do on the way there. Can't wait!!! I AM IN! Are we doing shirts or anything else? let me know if there is anything I can do to help.:beer:

Rocknthehawk
04-08-2008, 03:11 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hot-Rauder and I are considering going....it's 18 hours for us. COME ON PAULLLLLL. We need a convoy headed down there....

arejayesss
04-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Mapquest says I'M FAR!!!

1155.85 Miles:eek:
17.5 Hours:eek:

Yikes, thats alot of driving.

Hmmmmm.................. I'll have to think about this one.

1stMerc
04-08-2008, 05:31 PM
we'll be there, I can perform the wedding as well...

now the detailing...

You better be here. Where is Christian?

james79stang
04-08-2008, 05:33 PM
only 878 miles..plus toll fee's.... never so short to meet all... when i get back to work this weekend put on calandar...

1stMerc
04-08-2008, 06:03 PM

Mapquest says I'M FAR!!!

Yeah, it's a lot of driving, but it's in a Marauder, comfort at speed. Just bow your neck and say ya will. I made MV IV in 2006 @ over 1000 miles, and thru the hills and curves of Tennessee, also MV V @700+ both worth the trip. Me and DR make it all over the place and we're no spring chickens.

Take as many breaks as you need, but get here. Hope to see yo face in the place.

You can do it.

SC Cheesehead
04-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by SID210SA http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=603501#post60 3501)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Bluerauder http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=603474#post60 3474)
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by DR. DOOM http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=603375#post60 3375)
Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by arejayesss http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=603696#post60 3696)
Mapquest says I'M FAR!!!

Yeah, it's a lot of driving, but it's in a Marauder, comfort at speed.... You can do it.

Yep,

Only 658 miles for me, gonna be there for sure.

SCCH

Cougar_Marauder
04-08-2008, 07:40 PM
About 7.5 hours from here, will try and make it for all the days if I can.

hidperf
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Will I get boo'd out of here if I say that the race track is about a 10 min drive from my house?:beer:

whd507
04-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Estimated Time: 3.0 hours 36 minutes Estimated Distance: 235.75 miles

Hmm, mabey closer to 2.0 hrs 20 minutes...

Christian County, just south of Springfield, just north of Branson.</B>

BUCKWHEAT
04-09-2008, 09:38 AM
It will be a struggle, I have to drive 25 minutes to get to the track.

Will I get boo'd out of here if I say that the race track is about a 10 min drive from my house?:beer:

arejayesss
04-09-2008, 12:58 PM

Christian County, just south of Springfield, just north of Branson.

It will be a struggle, I have to drive 25 minutes to get to the track.

Yeah, you just wait till MV?? comes to Bonita Springs, Fl. Then you'll be sorry and I'll remember these posts!!!!!!

Blackened300a
04-09-2008, 01:12 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hot-Rauder and I are considering going....it's 18 hours for us. COME ON PAULLLLLL. We need a convoy headed down there....

It sucks!! If I wasnt in the wedding, I probably would make the trek. I had a great time at MV-V and would love to do it again.

I may have to get the Northeastern Marauder's in check and try to get MVVII here in NY.

1stMerc
04-09-2008, 04:21 PM

Christian County, just south of Springfield, just north of Branson.</B>

Hmmm, halfway between there and St. Louis would put us where? Some where near Rolla. Maybe a summer time gathering.

Vortex
04-09-2008, 08:12 PM
I hope there will soon be a separate info thread, a sticky maybe, with any hotel info so we can make reservations.

1stMerc
04-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Count on it.

whd507
04-11-2008, 06:30 PM
little do the unsuspecting denizens of St. Louis know what thier way comes...

its gonna be awesome!!

Aren Jay
04-11-2008, 11:08 PM
2932.7km
27hours 41 minutes.

I guess I can see why you didn't want to come to Calgary.

whd507
04-12-2008, 04:44 AM
just not this year, Calgary is on my list of places to see before I die peacefully in my sleep. (as opposed to the passengers in my car at the time)

Ms. Denmark
04-12-2008, 06:39 AM
We'd like to come! Will need to coordinate our work schedules to arrange time off. As long as we're in the mid-west we'll also plan to visit family in Iowa. Hoping this all works out! Do we need to start making hotel reservations? I was thinking maybe staying in St. Charles would be nice. It's a quaint little town as I recall. Anybody have an opinion?:) The trip will be about 1,000 miles and about 18 hrs. ( but then again, I like to stop for lunch, dinner, sleep........)

MM03MOK
04-12-2008, 06:58 AM
Because of the size of our group, we're arranging for a discount on rooms at one hotel. No need to do anything yet. when the time comes, you will book your own room under our group name to get the discount. We'll be creating a Marauderville 6 Updates forum soon and you'll find all the info there on hotel and events. Soon....soon.....

will-dan1
04-12-2008, 11:00 PM
St. louis has a Six flags Amusement park (only opened on the 20th from 10 AM to 8 PM http://www.sixflags.com/stLouis/index.aspx ) about 60 min from downtown, several casinos just minutes from downtown, several other casinos about 30 minutes away, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/2240 (only date I could fine was for Sept 13, Journey at 7 PM....sorry)...A great Soldiers, Science, and Historical Museums near or in the downtown area (this url http://www.explorestlouis.com/myStl/memberDetails.asp?mID=54&pt=1&ic=2 will let you see what St Louis can offer.
On Sept 13, there is the 26th Annual Pepsi Nationals featuring the World of Outlaws Late Models Series along with U.M.P. DirtCar Modifieds and U.M.P. DirtCar/A.A.R.A. Sportsman at the I-55 Raceway, approx 30 minutes from downtown http://www.i55raceway.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 , and several events happening that week at the Gateway Raceway just across the river in Il. http://www.gatewayraceway.com/calendar/ .

Hope this helps out some, See Ya all :wave:then..!

Vortex
04-13-2008, 08:48 AM
Maybe we can get some sort of group meeting at the Budweiser Brewery if possible.

hidperf
04-13-2008, 09:03 AM
St. louis has a Six flags Amusement park (only opened on the 20th from 10 AM to 8 PM http://www.sixflags.com/stLouis/index.aspx ) about 60 min from downtown, several casinos just minutes from downtown, several other casinos about 30 minutes away, Verizon Wireless Amphitheater http://www.livenation.com/venue/getVenue/venueId/2240 (only date I could fine was for Sept 13, Journey at 7 PM....sorry)...A great Soldiers, Science, and Historical Museums near or in the downtown area (this url http://www.explorestlouis.com/myStl/memberDetails.asp?mID=54&pt=1&ic=2 will let you see what St Louis can offer.
On Sept 13, there is the 26th Annual Pepsi Nationals featuring the World of Outlaws Late Models Series along with U.M.P. DirtCar Modifieds and U.M.P. DirtCar/A.A.R.A. Sportsman at the I-55 Raceway, approx 30 minutes from downtown http://www.i55raceway.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 , and several events happening that week at the Gateway Raceway just across the river in Il. http://www.gatewayraceway.com/calendar/ .

Hope this helps out some, See Ya all :wave:then..!

If anyone is looking for something unique and fun, you MUST go to the City Museum (http://www.citymuseum.org/home.asp). Also, depending on where the hotel is, St. Louis has many little sections of town with GREAT places to eat and hear some live music. Soulard (http://www.slfp.com/Soulard.htm)is an area near downtown with at least a dozen restaurants and bars, almost all have live music. The Hill (http://www.diningstl.com/TheHill.htm) is where you'll find the real Italian cuisine. Dog Town (http://www.downtowndogtown.com/) has the Irish pubs. Another pair of places to see is U-City (http://www.ucityloop.com/)and the Central West End. (http://stlouis.missouri.org/cwe/)

If you end up staying outside the city, personally I would recommend south or west county. Old Town St. Charles (http://www.mainstreetstcharles.com/) is nice but it's a good haul from the Gateway International and with the main highway between the two (40/64 (http://www.thenewi64.org/)) being closed, it would take a while to get to the track or anything in the city.

I hope to make at least one event but with being in a band, we usually play one night a weekend.

N40GL
04-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Which is the host hotel (so reservations can be made for those that don't have reservations about making reservations).

marauder307
04-15-2008, 02:34 AM
I, for one, am excited to hear about this...although I'm simultaneously a bit bummed. This comes about 2 years too late for my beloved Black Hulk, left behind in Hawaii in someone else's hands...

Lemme make this suggestion for hotel digs: There's a Drury Inn at I-55 and Hwy 141 in Arnold, about 15 mins from downtown south on I-55. I think the hi-speed internet is included with the rooms, and there's literally ACRES of parking space there (they used to have a K-Mart collocated with them; it's been closed for about 5 years), at least a few fast food joints are represented within easy walking distance, and Bandana's Bar-b-que is right across Hwy 141 from the hotel, as is Applebee's. There's also a complimentary happy hour every weekday night (well, Monday through Thursday anyway) where you can all sit around and drink to your heart's content---those of you that care to---and not have to drive an inch afterwards. Don't know about pool accomodations though...given our current state of flooding, however, if ya really wanna go swimming, the Meramec's plenty high...:P

Late edit: If you guys don't mind a visiting Pontiac, I'd like to join ya at least one night...

knine
04-15-2008, 04:57 AM
Late edit: If you guys don't mind a visiting Pontiac, I'd like to join ya at least one night...
Glad to see an old dog from this site can come and play! Look me up, I'll let you take BLUE for a spin.

SC Cheesehead
04-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Maybe we can get some sort of group meeting at the Budweiser Brewery if possible.

I say we make a day of it!:beer:

SCCH

AzMarauder
04-15-2008, 06:53 AM
I, for one, am excited to hear about this...although I'm simultaneously a bit bummed. This comes about 2 years too late for my beloved Black Hulk, left behind in Hawaii in someone else's hands...

Actually, with this amount of advance notice... you have plenty of time to buy another Marauder and do this thing right!:bows:

marauder307
04-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Actually, with this amount of advance notice... you have plenty of time to buy another Marauder and do this thing right!:bows:

Would that I could...I'm in too deep on this Poncho right now; between that and keepin' the wife and baby fed/housed/etc, a Black Hulk-revival's gonna havta wait...

At least the Pontiac's decent...Grand Prix GXP.

I saw Soulard mentioned in an earlier post....I dunno. I work in that neighborhood---right across from the Brewery---and we keep getting some disturbing reports about general criminal activities in the area. That said, Johnny's is kinda fun (and for those of you here who are local to STL, you know what I mean!). But for the fact that parking's kinda tough, I'd say Union Station might not be too bad. If we could get on the Arch grounds, a group photo next to one of the legs of the Arch could be good.

SC Cheesehead
04-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Would that I could...I'm in too deep on this Poncho right now; between that and keepin' the wife and baby fed/housed/etc, a Black Hulk-revival's gonna havta wait...

At least the Pontiac's decent...Grand Prix GXP.

I saw Soulard mentioned in an earlier post....I dunno. I work in that neighborhood---right across from the Brewery---and we keep getting some disturbing reports about general criminal activities in the area. That said, Johnny's is kinda fun (and for those of you here who are local to STL, you know what I mean!). But for the fact that parking's kinda tough, I'd say Union Station might not be too bad. If we could get on the Arch grounds, a group photo next to one of the legs of the Arch could be good.

That would be cool! Hmmmm, I wonder how many MMs it would take to bridge the gap at the base of the arch?

SCCH

Marauderman
04-16-2008, 04:22 AM

:lol: I would have expected SC Cheesehead to have made this^^^^^^comment...........bu t it will do!!!! Gotta Love it!!!!!!

Regarding the event--we'll keep eye out on fuel expenses for this trip and see how it pans out with rest of years scheduled events ---we'll wait to comit either way later on.........

SC Cheesehead
04-16-2008, 07:17 AM
:lol: I would have expected SC Cheesehead to have made this^^^^^^comment...........bu t it will do!!!! Gotta Love it!!!!!!

Regarding the event--we'll keep eye out on fuel expenses for this trip and see how it pans out with rest of years scheduled events ---we'll wait to comit either way later on.........

Hey Tom, I didn't make the original comment, but I responded to it!

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Vortex http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?p=605440#post60 5440)

I say we make a day of it!:beer:

SCCH

I know I'm planning to attend for sure, I think Russ P. is too. FBM has made the past two, and it would be great if you and a couple other of the Carolina Marauders would as well.

SCCH

fastblackmerc
04-16-2008, 07:50 AM
I know I'm planning to attend for sure, I think Russ P. is too. FBM has made the past two, and it would be great if you and a couple other of the Carolina Marauders would as well.

SCCH

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one..... :(

whd507
04-22-2008, 06:59 PM
back on top, any updates on lodging?

MM03MOK
04-23-2008, 05:41 AM
back on top, any updates on lodging?
Still many details in the works. Once the info starts flowing, we'll create the Marauderville 6 Updates forum to keep all the info together.

http://www.gabbyscrafts.com/images/StayTuned.jpg

Blk Mamba
04-23-2008, 05:47 PM
That would be cool! Hmmmm, I wonder how many MMs it would take to bridge the gap at the base of the arch?

SCCH

About 36 end to end, and 90 side to side, with 6" in between. It's 630' tall, and 630' leg to leg. A lot more info, and specs about the shape. But basically the strongest shape for an arch.:banana::banana::banana:

glassman99
05-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Mary, it is MAY and we don't have information of St. Louis? Is it on or not? The longer we wait, the less the participation. WE NEED A SCHEDULE, A HOST HOTEL AND ALL THE DETAILS THATMAKE THIS EVENT. What is going on?

glassman99
05-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Lodgeing?
Track(s)?
Shedule?
Events?
WTF?????
NOT EVERYONE CAN PLAN WITH 4 OR 5 MONTHS NOTICE!!!!!

glassman99
05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Sorry about that...Marauderville is planned on MONSTER MOPAR WEEKEND? at the track. Are we going to sit and drink tea? WHO scheduled this?

glassman99
05-02-2008, 05:53 PM
NO response...have we lost interest? OR...are we assuming this is going to happen? It takes a lot of work and planning to pull an event of this size off. WHO is in charge of this?

MM03MOK
05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Here's my response to your email 11 minutes after it arrived:

Thanks for the offer (SSHS8), but St. Louis isn't a stretch. Yes, we had a bit of a late start but the dates are set. As soon as we have details, we will announce them. Good luck planning the Shootout! Please lei me know how we can help with that.

Mary

RF Overlord
05-02-2008, 06:21 PM
NOT EVERYONE CAN PLAN WITH 4 OR 5 MONTHS NOTICE!!!!!Your life must be INCREDIBLY hectic if you need 5 months to plan for a simple weekend...wow...

glassman99
05-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Check the schedules of most tracks. They are booked months in advance. IF there are trackside hotels available, they are reserved months in advance. I have done this for many years and YES, there needs to be advance planning. Many times 5 months is not enough. I do trust Mary though in that this will happen.

We are planning SSHS8 (November 8th) and I feel we are behind the 8 ball as we speak. Also, there are some who cannot just up and run with vacation without notice.

MaLo03
05-02-2008, 06:58 PM
TRUE TRUE.........I hope everything works out. Marauderville lots of fun but lots of planning.....Jump on it people

Zack
05-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Check the schedules of most tracks. They are booked months in advance. IF there are trackside hotels available, they are reserved months in advance. I have done this for many years and YES, there needs to be advance planning. Many times 5 months is not enough. I do trust Mary though in that this will happen.

We are planning SSHS8 (November 8th) and I feel we are behind the 8 ball as we speak. Also, there are some who cannot just up and run with vacation without notice.

How can you be behind renting the track for 2 days?
Here's SSHS8 planned out:
rent track & ambulance and crew.....1-2 phonecalls.
confirm group rate at the hotel....1-2 phonecalls
Email design of t-shirts to the local press and pay over the phone by CC...A few hours time
Setup Paypal account...1 hour

What am I missing?

FordNut
05-02-2008, 10:11 PM
How can you be behind renting the track for 2 days?
Here's SSHS8 planned out:
rent track & ambulance and crew.....1-2 phonecalls.
confirm group rate at the hotel....1-2 phonecalls
Email design of t-shirts to the local press and pay over the phone by CC...A few hours time
Setup Paypal account...1 hour

What am I missing?

A LOT. The SSHS event is a lot different from a private track rental.

Ken
05-03-2008, 05:04 AM

SAVE THE DATES

Posted one month ago! Go to the boss and say "I need vacation time off, from Sept ** to Sept **" DONE

Why does MV6 need a trackside hotel? Marauderville isn't a track based event. We've got cars, we can drive to the track from a centrally located Hampton Inn.

Ken

CRUZTAKER
05-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Mary...is it possible to sticky this thread?

I was just hunting it down for the dates and it took forever to find.

Please...no comments from the admin peanut gallery.

SID210SA
05-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Any Updates?...... :popcorn:

Pat
05-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Nearly three months to go till MV6 and Patricia and I are still in.

No real clear picture on gas prices, some experts forecasting over $4.50 to $6.00 by that time.

I'm eleven hours away and my oldest lives in O'Fallon. May defray some costs by sleeping at his home and spending the day and evening with the Marauderites.

Also plan on driving less than 65 MPH to conserve gas.

Convoy's tend to drive fast, that's been my experience with three OTR 100 miles or more.

Regards,

Ken
05-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Also plan on driving less than 65 MPH to conserve gas. You're newly supercharged and you can keep your foot out of it. :dunno: You've got more discipline than I would have.:D

See ya there.

Ken

Vortex
05-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Any hotel info yet?

MM03MOK
05-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Any hotel info yet?
New thread with hotel info....

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44535

jspradii
05-31-2008, 11:11 PM
I intend to inroduce the first custom nitrous 700 hp Marauder at this event (yes, my original 300A), as long as I don't have a filming committment for that weekend, I'll be there (as of yet no one has approached me about doing a feature during that time frame). I will post photographs of this assembly as soon as I can.

I want to thank Dennis and others for their help in making this beast work. 60lb injectors, custom fuel rail and fuel delivery requirements and dyno tuning, have all been a challenge. Will have specs at MMV 6 for those who might be interested in a similar approach.

I haven't had much time to chat or blog on the site for some time (I have gotten caught up with all the feature film and television work that has made its way to Shreveport since Katrina in 2005).

But since my brother and his family live in St.Louis, I'd be a poor relation if I didn't come up to visit and take them to our rally. Hell of an excuse for a weekend blowout with family.

I've missed you all and will be tracking the course of MMV 6. It's time I attended. I need to show anyone who's interested in how a proper fogger is done for our machines. Look forward to seeing everyone!

Contact me be e-mail my friends. I'dlike to hear from you!

Keep it up Bunny dear!

Jim:beer:
jspradii@aol.com

Pat
06-01-2008, 12:55 AM
Welcome back Jim, great to hear that your MM is up and running.

Jim was my first contact after purchasing my Marauder in July 04 and has been a mentor in ushering me through my modifications.

Believe me, his nitrous system defines the genre.

Let's do lunch at Backyard Burgers soon.

Regards,

jspradii
06-01-2008, 01:33 AM
Thanks Pat.You"ll be the first to know what she does. Couldn't do the posse training. Was working on "W" the motion picture. When you gotta work, you gotta work.

JIM

Vortex
06-08-2008, 08:30 PM
It would be nice if some savvy MM.net member could set up a poll regarding the upcoming MMVI. My suggestions would be 5 choices like:
yes, Im going and have made hotel reservations
yes, Im going but havent made reservations yet
I might be going and will decide later
I doubt I can make it this year
aint no way this time

can somebody set this up in a new thread?

MERCMAN
06-10-2008, 12:59 PM
http://www.slate.com/id/2193222/?y=1

All the more reason to attend MV6!!:up:

whd507
06-11-2008, 06:03 AM
SHHHH we dont want everybody to know, we havent paid $4 for premium yet...

Vortex
06-22-2008, 06:49 AM
It would be nice if some savvy MM.net member could set up a poll regarding the upcoming MMVI. My suggestions would be 5 choices like:
yes, Im going and have made hotel reservations
yes, Im going but havent made reservations yet
I might be going and will decide later
I doubt I can make it this year
aint no way this time

can somebody set this up in a new thread?

Bump

It would sure be nice if somebody could set up this poll as a separate thread here in this section so we can all get a good idea of how many folks are planning to attend. Can anybody help here? Ive tried but cant figure out how to set up a poll post. Thanks in advance.

Yo Vic
06-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Bump

It would sure be nice if somebody could set up this poll as a separate thread here in this section so we can all get a good idea of how many folks are planning to attend. Can anybody help here? Ive tried but cant figure out how to set up a poll post. Thanks in advance.

I emailed the hotel a few minutes ago for reservation count.......will advise!

Yo Vic
06-27-2008, 08:39 AM
Go to thread "Marauderville 6 Itinerary" for all of the latest and greatest!

MERCMAN
09-14-2008, 08:23 AM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/tenday/63043

Yo Vic
10-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey all, I finally posted the MV6 movie on viddler.com

Search on Marauderville 6

If any problems let me know.

About 23 minuters long. Hope everybody enjoys!

SC Cheesehead
10-20-2008, 04:28 AM
Hey all, I finally posted the MV6 movie on viddler.com

Search on Marauderville 6

If any problems let me know.

About 23 minuters long. Hope everybody enjoys!

Great video, Vic. Brings back lots of memories!

Yo Vic
10-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks! Here is the direct link........ http://www.viddler.com/search_detailed/?searchString=marauderville

Bluerauder
10-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks! Here is the direct link........
Excellent production, very nice video. Just like being there. Thanks. The tunnel, overpass, and exit ramp shots were awesome. :up:

hidperf
10-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Great video. Wish I could've made it.
Did any of you talk to the guy with the Chrysler Turbine car? Mike Eberhardt is his name. Great guy. I used to bum around with him quite a few years ago when he was actually getting that car running. Great story behind the whole thing.

MM03MOK
10-20-2008, 07:26 PM
We talked to Mike at length. What a treat!!

knine
10-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Nice video. Bill Clinton was there?