PDA

View Full Version : One used rear KDW tire still needed

Stranger in the Black Sedan
01-30-2008, 02:32 PM
I still need ONE rear used stock type KDW tire. I have a minor sidewall cut that isn't through the rubber but it makes me a lil' nervous. I have enough wear (6/32" tread depth left out of 9-10/32" original) that I would need to buy two rear tires to keep the posi happy.

The tire must have 50% or thereabouts tread left (please measure depth on the center most grooves, which wear faster than the edges on these cars), and not be a hard, dry rotted tire that has been sitting off the car outside for years. It must be soft and useable.

Pls let me know!!

BLACKMARAUDER04
01-30-2008, 02:47 PM
I Found A Nail In Each Of My 2 New ( 2 Months Old) Rear Tires.
Had To Order 1 Because It Was Too Close To The Sidewall.

01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Ooookay, this helps me..........?

02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I still need a good used rear tire!! Can't believe no one has come through on one? I guess everybody burns their KDWs down to the cords in the very few # of miles they actually last. Blast! I hate to buy new because a tire w/ 50% left on it will easily last 2 more years w/ the limited amount I drive.

gmtech
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
:confused:why dont you just buy a new tire already?

ROB502
02-12-2008, 05:40 PM
I've got two for the rear. Good used condition.
rctd@bellsouth.net

02-12-2008, 05:49 PM
why dont you just buy a new tire already?

Thanks for the "help". I would need to replace both tires because they are worn too much to get one. I have driven this car 6,000 miles since I bought it, so buying a new set of rear tires seems kindof silly. I hate the KDWs but am not ready to make the jump to buy 4 new tires. I will not run mix and matched front/rears like a lot of people do because I do not want different handling and water shedding characteristics front to rear on such a huge car. That to me is unsafe.