PDA

View Full Version : Hello from philly

rickSSimpala96
01-30-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone. Not a marauder owner but a car enthusiast.I own a 96 Impala, the car that ford had to make to try and keep up with CHEVY. The marauder is a nice car and its very fast but comparing a marauder with an SS is really not fair, given the 7yr. technology difference. Its actually pretty flattering.
Do u guys agree?:argue:

Illss
01-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Welcome from chicago so did u just get ur impala ?

ChiTownMaraud3r
01-30-2008, 11:22 PM
I'd say, stock for stock (tuned) MM, the cars are pretty much neck and neck. The Marauder totally kills the chevy with the hella nicer interior/features, and I prefer MMs exterior styling. But nevertheless I would love to someday find a garage buddy 95/96 Impala to go with my Marauder.

rickSSimpala96
01-31-2008, 06:29 AM
Thanx for not beating me up guys.i've had my car for about 2yrs. As for the styling,Yeah the inside of my car is boring but, I'm not a really into all the wood grain(not saying the marauder has woodgrain because i never seen a marauder close up) or all the lights and crap. I'm more of an old skool where muscle means more.As for the exterior,the impala, of course, is way better looking:lol:. The truth of it all(though i hate to admit it) is, A mazda 6 or even a nissan maxima would probably beat both our cars and save gas while doing it but do we care? Hell no! Why? because we love AMERICAN muscle and we dont care about no stinkin mpg. Hey I'm not here to start a fuss,just enjoying trash talk with other car enthusiast.

vkirkend
01-31-2008, 08:44 AM
And Chevrolet also failed to continue a concept that many enthusiasts liked. I was all set to buy a '97 Impala SS but they never made one....

DOOM
01-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Welcome to the site. Buy a marauder.

Bluerauder
01-31-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi everyone. Not a marauder owner but a car enthusiast.I own a 96 Impala, the car that ford had to make to try and keep up with CHEVY. The marauder is a nice car and its very fast but comparing a marauder with an SS is really not fair, given the 7yr. technology difference. Its actually pretty flattering.
Do u guys agree?:argue:
I haven't owned a Cheby since 1971. There's a reason for this. Haven't owned a GM product since 1989. There's a reason for this, too. :rolleyes:

The MM is very nice ... and that's why I have one. ;)

BTW -- Welcome :welcome1: to the MercuryMarauder.Net.

ImpalaSlayer
01-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome to the site. Buy a marauder.

:agree: :cool:

BLACKMARAUDER04
01-31-2008, 03:35 PM
The truth of it all(though i hate to admit it) is, A mazda 6 or even a nissan maxima would probably beat both our cars and save gas while doing it but do we care?

I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

My stock Marauder will kick the crap out of both.

Illss
01-31-2008, 07:07 PM
U have any mods on the SS or u still stock ?

rickSSimpala96
01-31-2008, 08:09 PM
All i have is flowmasters and k&n intake. so its pretty much stock.Dont really know or trust anybody to work on my car. What do u guys think,Since its going to be a collectors,and I'm sure the marauders will be too, is it smart to modify or keep stock? Not sure. Ive seen modified cars go for big bux on barrett/jackson but original cars go for alot more.

jgc61sr2002
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
All i have is flowmasters and k&n intake. so its pretty much stock.Dont really know or trust anybody to work on my car. What do u guys think,Since its going to be a collectors,and I'm sure the marauders will be too, is it smart to modify or keep stock? Not sure. Ive seen modified cars go for big bux on barrett/jackson but original cars go for alot more.

IMO a stock vehicle has greater value.:D

MarauderMark
02-01-2008, 05:02 PM
this is a waste....

whoskal
02-01-2008, 09:18 PM

I have been good about keeping all the oem parts that I replace.......so if need be I can return it back to stock

Welcome to the site!!

Buy a MM

88LTDCV351
02-05-2008, 01:42 PM
I rode in a Nissan Maxima that a coworker has. It sure feels like it could beat my Marauder. He has the 270 horsepower one. I think the newer ones are down by 10 horespower, 260.