PDA

View Full Version : My J-mod 2 cents

safado
01-30-2008, 11:55 PM
So last weekend I did the j-mod according to the directions from Cruztaker:banana2:

I was expecting more from it.. but I kind like the way its still subtle on low load and harder hits at WOT.. the only issue I see once in a while is what seems to be a quick shift to second and then back to first and then back to second.. only happens at lite throttle.. never on med to WOT.. anyone else with this issue

maybe I can get rid of that by raising the shift schedule.... the car is bone stock.. not even a tune.. i have the Sniper Commando package and am just getting familiar with it...

Would I do the J-mod again... Yes Sir!!:beer:

Marauderjack
01-31-2008, 04:44 AM
You must upgrade your shift points at light throttle......mine would "Bump...Bump" and be in third at 17 MPH...drove me crazy so I moved the 1-2 shift up to 2000 RPM's (15 MPH) and the 2-3 shift up to 1800 RPM's (24 MPH) and it is much better!!:beer: If anything I would move the 2-3 a bit higher but it is OK as is!!:D

You really need to get away from the stock Ford tune since it will drive you nutso with ups shifts and down shifts.....trying to squeeze a little more MPG!!??:mad2:

Any after market tune will be much better....not familiar with the "Commando"??:confused:

Marauderjack:burnout:

Raudermaster
01-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Sniper provides self tuning programs. You can be your own "Lidio."

safado
02-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I finally was able to figure out the table that controls the shift schedule... what a difference.. this is the schedule the car should have had from the factory!!!!