PDA

View Full Version : Marauder Long Block for sale

merc
02-01-2008, 09:46 AM
I am replacing my car's motor this weekend with a upgraded Iron block. I don't have the space to store a second motor so it's up for sale. The price is 2500.00 plus shipping. The milage is approximately 48 thousand miles. I will post pictures this weekend. The engine runs perfectly and no ticks. It's a 300B series motor in a 300a car.

MercOut
02-01-2008, 09:49 AM
i wish you would have posted this 2 months ago and you're not to far from me

KillJoy
02-01-2008, 09:51 AM
I am replacing my car's motor this weekend with a upgraded Iron block. I don't have the space to store a second motor so it's up for sale. The price is 2500.00 plus shipping. The milage is approximately 48 thousand miles. I will post pictures this weekend. The engine runs perfectly and no ticks. It's a 300B series motor in a 300a car.

You are replacing the Block ONLY, or Heads too?

Are the Heads included for $2500?

Just clarifying it as a Long or Short Block.

KillJoy

Zack
02-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Never put anything up for sale until the engine is swapped, running, and the bugs are worked out :up:

Pops
02-01-2008, 09:54 AM
A long block has heads.
Short block no heads.

merc
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Never put anything up for sale until the engine is swapped, running, and the bugs are worked out :up:

Zack we have considered your advice, but if this motor fails. I am going to purchase a MMR long block and call it a day. Yes it's more money and time.

KillJoy
02-01-2008, 10:10 AM
A long block has heads.
Short block no heads.

I know. The Title said Longblock, but the description said Iron Block....

Just making everyone is on the same page!

:up:

KillJoy

merc
02-01-2008, 10:13 AM
You are replacing the Block ONLY, or Heads too?

Are the Heads included for $2500?

Just clarifying it as a Long or Short Block.

KillJoy

John is correct. A long block in all cases have heads attached.

Long block is an automotive term describing an engine sub-assembly consisting of the following:
Short block. The long block is always a superset of the corresponding short block.
Cylinder head. A complete new or remanufactured cylinder head assembly is installed with a new head gasket and torqued to specification. Complete cylinder heads include new or reconditioned valves, valve springs, valve guides (if applicable), valve seats (if applicable), valve locks, and valve keepers. The bare head is free from cracks, warps, or holes.
If the engine is a flathead, then the valve train is installed if the short block did not already have it.
On most engines, the camshaft will be installed. On many engines with timing gears, the camshaft will be timed. A Long block engine replacement will typically require swapping out parts from the original engine to the long block.

KillJoy
02-01-2008, 10:38 AM
John is correct. A long block in all cases have heads attached.

I know. The Title said Longblock, but the description said Iron Block....

Just making everyone is on the same page!

:up:

KillJoy

My head hurts.....

:help:

KillJoy

sailsmen
02-01-2008, 10:57 AM
"I am replacing my car's motor this weekend with a upgraded Iron block."

Time for reading glasses?;)

Zack
02-01-2008, 11:24 AM

I think Mark was clear enough.

merc
02-01-2008, 11:41 AM
"I am replacing my car's motor this weekend with a upgraded Iron block."

Time for reading glasses?;)

I am selling an Aluminum block O.E.M marauder motor (300B) with 48 thousand miles on the clock. It comes with oil pan, oil pick up tube, oil pump, 6 bolt flex plate, short block, heads, value covers, timing cover, timing cover gaskets, 4 tensioners, sprocket, timing chains. The intake and throttle body has been removed, but it's apart of the deal.

KillJoy
02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I am selling an Aluminum block O.E.M marauder motor (300B) with 48 thousand miles on the clock. It comes with oil pan, oil pick up tube, oil pump, 6 bolt flex plate, short block, heads, value covers, timing cover, timing cover gaskets, 4 tensioners, sprocket, timing chains. The intake and throttle body has been removed, but it's apart of the deal.

^^^^^THAT^^^^^ clears EVERYTHING up!

:beer:

KillJoy

merc
02-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Motor pictures are on my website.

http://homepage.mac.com/mwhite26/PhotoAlbum11.html